Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

syrene thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: Prarara

[Quote]Buffie- I too was wondering why is there still a SIMI in India ???????? How lax and stupid are we ???????   [/Quote]

So what should we do? Hunt and exterminate every subversive element in Indian Society? Perhaps we should get Indira Gandhi out of her grave, get her to call an 'emergency' and give up on this 'democracy'.

If we abridge civil liberties we will only play into the terrorists' hands. They are waging a war on our ideology of freedom, if we give up on that, then we lose.

What civil liberties are we talking about when half the population is getting slaughtered?? You have to be alive to enjoy liberty and freedom. How many people have to die before we wake up????
Prarara thumbnail

Originally posted by: winnie_pooh

What civil liberties are we talking about when half the population is getting slaughtered?? You have to be alive to enjoy liberty and freedom. How many people have to die before we wake up????

'

Huh, so India's population numbers in the two-thousands? IF that is the case then I can see how half the population is being slaughtered. Cries that appeal to 'waking up' are a bit too much, a bit of tightening up the security, without infringing on said liberties is all that is needed.

I'd rather live in a democracy than a tenuous dictatorship built on some false 'emergency state'.

MonicA#1Actress thumbnail

Did anyone ever notice that the terrorist attacks in Spain was 4/11, India 7/11, and then there is a 9/11??

I see a pattern going on.😕

insouciance thumbnail

Originally posted by: Prarara

Huh, so India's population numbers in the two-thousands? IF that is the case then I can see how half the population is being slaughtered. Cries that appeal to 'waking up' are a bit too much, a bit of tightening up the security, without infringing on said liberties is all that is needed.

I'd rather live in a democracy than a tenuous dictatorship built on some false 'emergency state'.

And thus since its a question of only a meagre 150 odd deaths which when compared to India's humongous popultion is like a drop in an ocean,it warrants the government's adopting passive and apathetic tactics ..😕...and untill a 9/11 happns in india,the government wouldnt do anything plainly because its "just a few mere lives"....yesterday 150 Mumbaikars died,tomorrow i can die...Why do I deserve death,for no fault of mine....put yourself in the bereaved souls' shoes.....So you're losing your close ones left right and centre thanks to some mindless fanatics🤢 and an inefficient government😕

Had India bought the diplomatic tactics that you subscribe to ,or had bought the extreme ideas which I am subscribing to,10 years back,The state of affairs wouldnt be this terrible🤢...The Government isnt doing either of it,its plainly sitting idle......I would be extremely happy if the Government can guilefully defuse these cells....but what raises my ire is the government's pusillanimity...Its practically doing NOTHING 😕

Besides,obliteration of a single terrorist cell once in 1555456655 months is surely not a yardstick of efficacious manoeuvre👎🏼 ....I really dont think this issue demands such great circumspection 🤢

and coming to the ISLAMIC based terrorist groups,They first need to read the Quran again   ...It would be interesting if they can show me a page where its written " because the other part of the world isnt following our protocols and religion,they deserve death"🤢.......Heavens,will they EVER be able to look beyond religious chauvinism😡 ...,I really wish there's a new age Islamic messiah,who could teach these fanatics as to what the Quran "really" meant by the word jehad(These inhuman 🤬 are using it to their convinience😡),and can put the mislead muslim youth  back on track......

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago
insouciance thumbnail

Originally posted by: sania 2

what r the proves dat SIMI is behind all these attacks??????? 😕

whether they were behind the attacks or not,their organization is one which functions under the counter and the government can proscribe such activities😛

FYI,in the month of May,arms and explosives were confiscated in Aurangabad,Maharashtra and on interrogation,it was revealed that the SIMI acts as a conduit in transporting arms and ammunition across the country and works in the taking shape and materialization of the plots machinated by the POK militants🤢😡

I would like to clarify that I have nothing against the Muslims ...Sadly,even the innocent Muslims suffer....FYI,The area of Jogeshwari(where one of the 8 blasts took place) is inundated with Muslims who live on either side of the track.....and it was so heartening to see the Hindus,Muslims,Sikhs and Christians  working hand in glove as INDIANS in helping out the victims and restoring normal life in Mumbai👏👏👏..Had it not been for these selfless philanthropists,the death toll would have as well crossed 500..Reiterating,i have nothing against the Muslims,but i simply abhor the terrorists(99.9% of them being misguided fanatic Muslims🤢 )

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago
syrene thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

E-mail | Comments | E-Mail Newsletters | My Yahoo! | RSS

AFX News Limited
'Big power' behind Bombay train blasts, says anti-terrorist chief
07.12.2006, 05:04 AM
BOMBAY (XFN-ASIA) - The head of the anti-terrorist squad investigating Bombay's train bombings said a 'big power' was behind the well-coordinated operation that killed at least 183 people here.

'It was a well-coordinated and well-planned operation and it seems some big power is behind all this,' the police anti-terrorism squad chief KP Raghuvanshi told Headlines Today television channel.

The anti-terrorism force has taken over the inquiry and visited addresses across the city but had not yet arrested anyone, a senior officer told Agence France-Presse.

Forensic experts are examining timers found near the scene of the seven blasts, six of them in first-class compartments, that happened little more than 10 minutes apart.

The wreckage of the six carriages was taken to a railway shed where bomb squad officers continued to search them for clues, according to a railway official.

'It seems pencil timers, which are actually mercury fulminators, were used to carry out the blasts one after the other,' a top official from Maharashtra state's home department told AFP. Bombay is the state capital.

'We have collected some vital clues in this regard and the Central Forensic Laboratory has been requested to examine them without any delay,' he added, on condition of anonymity.

Police said high-grade explosive material was used in the seven blasts during the evening rush hour yesterday. Tests were being carried out but officers suspected the use of RDX or plastic explosives because of the power of the explosions.

Senior police officer Arup Patnaik said he believes an eighth unexploded device has been found and added that anti-terrorist officers are now investigating. 'I believe they have got some leads,' he said.

Police are looking for two men they suspect may have planted explosives on one of the trains, which exploded at Borivili, the Indian Express reported quoting unnamed officials.

It said police are composing a sketch of a fair, wavy-haired young man who boarded the train and got off in a hurry. The other suspect was wearing a police uniform.

But officials said they have not yet identified any group behind the blasts. No group has yet come forward to claim responsibility.

'Investigations are going on,' DK Sankaran, chief secretary of Maharashtra, told AFP.

'So far, we do not have any information linking the blasts to any particular outfit. All media reports are based on guesswork.'
Newspaper reports have said police are investigating growing ties between two Islamic outfits, the Lashkar-e-Taiba (Army of the Pious) and the Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI).
The Hindu newspaper, quoting 'highly-placed government sources', said the bombings were 'clearly a job of Lashkar' and designed to raise 'the tempo of communal violence'.

Maharashra deputy chief minister RR Patil told reporters late yesterday that the blasts represent an intelligence failure.

'It's not just the state intelligence department and the elite anti-terrorist squad that failed. Even the intelligence bureau at the Centre (federal government) had no inkling of the blasts,' Patil was quoted as saying in the Times of India.

ppy/bpz/sm/swp

Isnt it just wonderful that even in these times we have defenders for outfits such as SIMI? 😕
Aparna_BD thumbnail

Originally posted by: winnie_pooh

Isnt it just wonderful that even in these times we have defenders for outfits such as SIMI? 😕

Those defenders aren't even Indian yaar. What else can we expect from them.
insouciance thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aparna_BD

Those defenders aren't even Indian yaar. What else can we expect from them.

Its understandable that the non-indians wouldnt be as incensed as we are,but they can atleast not rub salt on our wounds ...They can do that much,cant they??Especially when they are on INDIA-FORUMS

SolidSnake thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Not going to happen, how many times have we begged (instead of demanding) for that pig Dawood Ibrahim from Pakistan? Kuchh hua? Nahin! Our PM MMS ji does not deem it necessary to give a televised address even after ~200 innocent people die, he should have broken off all ties with Pakistan. Our leaders somehow feel embarrased mentioning Pakistan's name. Our news channels are reporting how Mumbai is back to normal, sensex is up, people don't feel threatened blah-blah, and we are going to forget this incident too within few days.

Pakistan will not stop this nonsense bec'se they know that no matter how many people they kill, we are not going to react. We will continue with "peace process"...kill as many as you wish. It is high time that we take some strong visible actions, or wait for Delhi to be bombed in coming months.

😡

Swar_Raj thumbnail
India had a golden chance to attack terrirism by entering their territory when attack on parliament was done.
Now this series of attack is another chance. Give ultimatem and get rid of them.
People will die either by terrorism or by fighting against it. Why not second part 😃