Miscastings of 2012 - TVKahani Article

Taify thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

03DEC2012

GOSSIP: Yeh Hain Misfit ( 10 wrong castings of 2012)

These are 10 actors who, according to us, were miscast in their roles. Well, the list deserved to be huge, but we had to cut down at 10.

Half the Cast in Mera Saaein 2

Mera Saeein 2 had too many things going against it, including the poorly selectedcast. I can't stop complaining about how weak Sunita Marshall was for the role; however, I can give the makers a benefit of doubt here, as they had to continue with the same cast as the prequel.

However, how can I forgive them for casting actor who look older than Aminah Sheikh/Sunita Marshall to play their on-screen children? Seriously, what were you thinking A&B?

Affan Waheed in Maseeha

Affan Waheed was opposite Ayesha Khan in Kaafir, but I forgave that mistakethinking it was one of those. However, Six Sigma did the crime and brought these two again, together, in romantic roles about each other. Someone tell the makers that Affan is young enough, or Ayesha Khan is old enough to play Affan's ' Bari Behan'. The two make for a poor on-screen pair. Failure!

Nauman Ijaz in Mehrbano aur Shahbano

Nauman Ijaz has done a variety of roles over the years, including some very bad ones, such as this one. He plays a young, love struck boy when he can easily pass off as a father of the guy he is supposed to play. It was painful to watch Mona Liza dreaming of Nauman ijaz as her partner.

Shehzad Sheikh in Mi Raqsam

Mi Raqsam had too many flaws, including the casting of Shehzad Sheikh, who just isn't good enough to do justice to this role with many layers. Shehzad fell flat, even when put against Ayza Khan, who isn't herself a very seasoned actress. Had they cast a better actor in this one, the serial would've been much better.

Shehryar Munawwar in Tanhaiyaan ' Naye Silsilay

We haven't seen much of him onscreen yet (in this role), but it is obvious that this role is not made for Shehryar, if it continues on the same line. I have read too many people complaining about Shehryar's make-up in this one that makes him look weird.

He needs a lot of experience before he can play such a role. And above all, he is just not cut out for this. The guy looks too sophisticated for what he is doing in Shehryar Munawar. Bad choice to have him!

Samina Ahmed in Behkawa

Samina Ahmed was doing nothing but wandering here there in Behkawa speaking her mind. This role just wasn't for the legendary actress. Watch the serial yourself and you'll know what we are trying to say.

Faiza Hassan in Amma Aur Gulnaz

Faiza Hassan was a wrong choice for Amma/Gulnaz's role in this serial. Move makeup and ugly direction further ruined this already horrible serial. Faiza just wasn't ready to play 40+ woman onscreen. I have no idea why they had to cast her' did they run out of actors?

Sarwat Gillani in Mere Dard Ko Jo Zubaan Milay

I know I will be hated for mentioning this one, but I just couldn't bring myself to like Sarwat when she is joking around. The actress suits the part when it gets all dramatic, but she just wasn't the right one given that the character was the happy go lucky kind.

Ayza Khan in Shadi Mubarak

I just saw a few glimpses of this serial, and they were enough to decide how wrong they had gone in this casting. So what if Ayza is the in-house favorite and someone who has grown by leaps and bounds, it is not like she suits every role on this planet!

Aijaz Aslam in Topi Dramah

2>
Am I the only one who hates Aijaz Aslam's despicable comic timing? I am starting to believe that he is in the industry only because he is friends with some bigwigs. The actor hasn't done anything worth talking in the last few years. He is only seen hanging in serials giving support to the likes of Faysal Qureshi.
Other than this, there were many other bad choices, such as Adeel Hussain (Mora Piya ' too strong a role for a new comer) and Moammar Rana in Roshan Sitara. Share your views now!

by admin in Gossip Tags: pakistani actors

15 Comments

1. maha
    Dec 03, 2012 @ 13:59:05

I am glad I am not the only one who found sarwat misfit

And Shehryar looks gay in TNS

• admin
      Dec 03, 2012 @ 15:49:18

It is just his weird dialogue delivery, I think.

2. Hammu
    Dec 03, 2012 @ 14:49:22

Toatally agreed to each and every person you mentioned was a bad choice.Not Shereyaar though.Yeah that's a very big role for someone who acted mute in his in his acting Debut,but he isn't bad.He justifies his character.Oh i'm still in pain for that Sarwar Gilani's role.Such a waste of talent.Sarwat is much better than what she did in that drama.

• admin
      Dec 03, 2012 @ 15:50:02

I am glad someone is agreeing on Sarwat, as I received quite a backlash when I first mentioned this about her in my review of the serial.

3. momi
    Dec 03, 2012 @ 14:56:51

i have got no issues with Shereyaar's casting i think he is doing a fine job. rest in the list i totally agree.

• admin
      Dec 03, 2012 @ 15:51:02

I, personally, think the guy is more suited for "sophisticated" kind of role, like the one he is going to play in Kahi Ankahi.

4. beenish
    Dec 03, 2012 @ 15:48:09

What about Mawra in meri ladli?

• admin
      Dec 03, 2012 @ 15:50:18

Both the sisters are always a miscast

5. abcd
    Dec 03, 2012 @ 17:18:35

Agreed with MS2
    Don't know much about others

6. khurram
    Dec 03, 2012 @ 17:19:10

title to us dramayt ka hay miss. fit

7. Haseeb
    Dec 03, 2012 @ 17:27:20

I agree to the people in the list but Adeel Hussain from Mata-e-Jaan should also have been in it, what about Moamer Rana in Roshan Sitara and Neelum Muneer in Ashk and Sameena Peerzada as the irritating nanee from Shehr-e-Zaat

• Hammu
      Dec 03, 2012 @ 20:17:19

No not Adeel please ! He was brilliant as Ibad Uzair.And SeZ was all because of Naani,portrayed beautifully by Sameena Peerzada.I agree about Neelum though.She will get a "Most Irritating Actress" award (Even if there's not any,i'm sure people will realize that they should have this category too)

• abcd
        Dec 04, 2012 @ 05:13:40

I think Samina was perfect for SeZ. The character might have been irritating, but it is not the case of wrong casting. Who else could've played that role better?

And Adeel in MeJ was really good. He had a small role and we saw something fresh.

8. Haseeb
    Dec 03, 2012 @ 17:33:45

btw it was urwa and not mawra in meri ladli

9. akhtar khan
    Dec 03, 2012 @ 17:43:03

your line friends with some bigwigs. that what i think for Faysal Qurashi'he is just redonkulous with no talent'don know y ppl they think he can ACT.

Leave a Reply

Your Name *

Your Email *

Your Website

Anti-Spam Quiz: 3+3=

Sponsors 2012

Edited by Taify - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

itzMYattitude thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Shocking sami khan' nowhere 🤣

about the guy in tanhanyan NS i guess he looked cute doing a mute role 😈 i dont know i dont like his voice or what, but he didn't impress me when he started speaking in the very next play 😆

Ayza khan i totally agree
but the play wasn't that good either

n about javed sheikh's son i agree
after watching the promos i realized that

about all other plays have no clue
thanks for sharing btw =)
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Mi raqsam reminds me of Khuda aur Mohabbat...epic failure. Of course to top it off with the leads that they chose.
Also think Aijaz Aslam is a misfit in every drama.
Taify thumbnail

Originally posted by: itzMYattitude

Shocking sami khan' nowhere 🤣

about the guy in tanhanyan NS i guess he looked cute doing a mute role 😈 i dont know i dont like his voice or what, but he didn't impress me when he started speaking in the very next play 😆

Ayza khan i totally agree
but the play wasn't that good either

n about javed sheikh's son i agree
after watching the promos i realized that

about all other plays have no clue
thanks for sharing btw =)

sami khan does similar roles, but they suit him..
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Never liked Aijaz Aslam, even now he can't act

Who is the person in the comments section that said that Faisal Qureshi can't act? 😲

Unfortunately, I don't know many of these actors/actresses but I love the comment by the admin saying Urwa and Mawra are always a miscast 🤣
Taify thumbnail
^ This conversation took place on the original website (www.tvkahani.com) . I copied the whole page; hence, the comments are also there.
Usman. thumbnail

Originally posted by: canuck-umz

Never liked Aijaz Aslam, even now he can't act

Who is the person in the comments section that said that Faisal Qureshi can't act? 😲

Unfortunately, I don't know many of these actors/actresses but I love the comment by the admin saying Urwa and Mawra are always a miscast 🤣

I'z about to point out this line.. it made me ROFL too..😆
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Mommar Rana and Sanam Baloch in Roshan Sitara was truly so effed upp! Who looked as old as her fatherr..
Yuck!
I dont think sarwat was a misfit! She was good in that role!
Usman. thumbnail

Originally posted by: _QueenofHearts_

I dont think sarwat was a misfit! She was good in that role!

I agee..
I quite liked her in initial episodes of the serial