grad2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
very nice plzz do update soon
..KaJenDelena.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5

Chapter Two

Zoya woke up a little late than she was accustomed to, with the sun peering right into her face. She could hear Aunt Amana struggling in the kitchen downstairs, probably pottering around getting breakfast ready. And for once it all bothered her, annoyed her. She realized the impinge on of jet-lag had come uninvited, more like crushing, rolling and tumbling down and messing up the only thing that was constant in her life, her daily routine.

She dragged herself from the bed in the lure of possibly being late to work and at the thought of finally seeing two people who meant the most to her. The air was fresh and clear this morning. Zoya took a deep breath in, feeling better as her gaze fell on the clear blue sky. She felt much better than yesterday.

The feeling didn't last too long as the throbbing headache she had gone to bed with slowly returned. Zoya stood up, half-heartedly thrusting her arms angrily into the pink bathrobe with an unaccustomed scowl on her face. Nothing was the same, not her mornings, not her moods, not her feelings and definitely not her.

No matter how hard or how deep much she pushed back the feeling of being definite something horrible was to occur. It just wouldn't go away. And because of it everything was frustrating her; this feeling, whatever this feeling was, it was eating her inside out. It just wouldn't go away. A hot bath and a coffee and I'll calm down, she thought- ignoring the nauseous feeling that cut through like a sharp knife.

The morning ritual of bathing, and dressing was soothing and she leisured on it, taking more time than usual. It certainly helped her headache and soothed the ache of her body but did not erase the sickening feeling from the pit of her stomach that was adamant to stay. Ever since he ... was no longer a part of her life, everything seemed a little messed up. She was clumsier. She cared less. She felt more.

Her eyes caught a glimpse of the mirror, and the image suprised her. Dressed in her all black uniform the mirror showed a slender, brunette with bright brown eyes; the girl who all the guys chased and all the girls wanted to be. All Zoya saw was a little girl who was afraid of the dark, who had scars on her body... who was scared. She wondered how they never saw the little girl that always stared back at her.

*BEEEPPP* *BEEEPPP*

Violet's honking pulled her out of the trance and she brushed her long silky hair for the last time, pulling it up in a high ponytail. She twisted the mascara wand open and applied three generous coats before spreading the baby pink lip-gloss across her thick lips. Then she grabbed her bag, stuffing her Iphone 5 and lip-gloss within it as she went down the stairs.

In the kitchen, Aunt Amana was standing in front of the stove tossing the pancakes with her dark black hair pulled messily into a bun and her skin a shade lighter and a little flushed. She looked worried, but then again, Aunt Amana was the type of women who always looked like she had got something on her mind. Her round face and her big russet eyes and mildly flustered skin always seemed to suggest she was troubled.

"Good morning." Zoya said briskly as she landed a peck on her cheek and then turned towards the door.

"But Zoya I made-"

"I am going to work, bye." Said Zoya, ignoring the irritation in Aunt Amana's voice.

"Zoya!-"

Zoya was already at the front door. She closed it behind her, cutting off Aunt Amana's protests about her eating breakfast. She had greater things in her mind than to be worried about the affects of not eating breakfast. She felt lost; that's what it was... that's what she felt ever since she had come back from India. And this feeling was stuck inside her like a broken arrow, and no matter how much she tried she just couldn't pull it out.

She began to slowly walk down the front porch and towards Violet's beloved black Toyota supra.

"Get in bitch or else we are gonna be late!" Violet screeched as Zoya neared the car.

She slipped inside and shut the door in no hurry, caring less about the consequences of being late to work. What has happened to her? Two months back she would have been the one yelling at Violet for being late. Two months ago, she wouldn't even risk being late. Two months ago everything was fine. Two months ago, she was fine. It seemed so long ago. She shook her head not wanting to deal with what was happening to her.

She dragged the seatbelt across her body and begun to pay extra attention to Violet as she clipped it in. Violet's long black hair was waved framing her beautiful face. Her brazilan tan complimented her thick black lashes and bright blue eyes which were darkened with smudged eyeliner.

She looked beautiful and Zoya couldn't help the pang of jealousy that washed over her. Violet was tall, slim and probably the prettiest girl Zoya had the pleasure of knowing. She was also her best friend, which always helped her self-esteem.

"Take a picture, it lasts longer." Violet playfully added as she turned on the engine and the machine roared like a lion, taking speed.

Zoya ignored her comment and turned her attention towards the scenery in the window. Grey hills had changed... too much. The weather was chillier and the rows of neat houses she had grown up with, looked a little unkempt these days. The grass looked a little darker and the sky a little more dim than usual.

The people had also changed, she didn't exactly know how but they certainly had changed and Zoya was sure of it. The small town had now a different air about it. She was only gone for two months. How could everything change so rapidly?

From the corners of her eyes Zoya saw Violet glance at her, from time and time again. From her worried facial expressions Zoya was sure, she was contemplating on whether to speak or not.

"Bad day?" Violet finally asked.

"Bad week." Zoya answered.

"It can't be that bad."

"It is."

"At least not as bad as your best friend ditching you for some other country. Without even telling you, may I add." Violet Hathaway's voice deepend with a pinch of slyness.

Zoya's heart quickened and her lips pressed on top of each other. She tilted her head towards Violet. She didn't realize how much her decision to go to India out the blue had affected her friends. Since when had Zoya been so careless?

Lost, was no longer the feeling she felt, it was much more... stronger. The feeling was much much deeper. The initial guilt that she felt suddenly melted away and a expression of anger took over. Why does everyone have to be on her case all the time?

"I said I was sorry. I meant it Violet." Zoya reasoned out loud, a little annoyed.

Violet's face lit up and a sly smile spread across her face like a cherished cat. Her eyes sparkled into a shade darker.

"welcome back fiesty Zoya." She purred.

Zoya shook her head, a little more than annoyed.

"Boo you wh**e." Violet purred.

"Violet enough with the Mean girl quotes." Zoya frowned.

"I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy..."

Zoya's frowned deepened. "I mean it, Violet."

"Bite me!" Said her over-hyper best friend as she slumped on the brakes and her eyes drifted towards the Cafe'. Work was beaconing and Zoya was no longer sure if she had the strength to face people.

Heylloo, namaste, salam, caio, allo people! Sorry for the mega boring chapter, a little boring but much needed. Some of you may ask about the arrival of Asad and let me jump ahead of you and answer with one word; sooon! bahaha ;) Thank you to all those who commented and liked. Very much appreciated and as a token of appreciation I would like to say, gracia's mucho bella's! xx

-Priyanka.

Edited by ..KaJenDelena.. - 11 years ago
ksg_ritika thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
awesum part ...

loved it ...

continue soon ...
sweetdesire thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Priii<3<3<3
Love the second part sweetheart
So Zoya is disturbed about something
Wonding what it could be?
I kind of like Violet
And yupp
Me too wanna see Asad soon

So do try to continue soon ;)

Thanks for the PM

Love u
Muahhh
Edited by sweetdesire - 11 years ago
kiran_rati thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
superb update
thanx for the pm
update next part soon
Kesha_H. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Loving the story so far Violet actually reminded me of one of my friends wen she told Zoya "get in bitch!" 😆and srsly hope u continue soon
ohsehun. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
I actually loved the update.
Reserving for now, but I'll hopefully edit it soon.
Edited by ..Labyrinth.. - 10 years ago
AMMY12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
nice part.
Thanx 4 d pm.
SleepingBeauty. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hey!! I just caught up with this FF and Love it how Its turning out to be till now.
I have seen you in DMG forums with stories on AR. And i am glad you are writing on AsYa! Will be waiting for the updates! Continue soon :)