Kahaan Kho Gaye Woh Lamhe: Daam- down memory lane.

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
FOR ALL DAAM CRAZY FANATICS!! like me..if any 😆

DAAM

I started watching some scenes from the drama Daam that aired on ARY back in 2010, just a few hrs ago and that led me to watching scene after scene. I've watched this drama twice already and seeing bits of it again just made me love it evem more.

I youtubed it again after I saw it here in a poll, as to whether or not it's Umera's best serial and that thread just made me want to see some scenes again. 😆 Sounds weird (perhaps) but, I personally adore this drama..and I'm sure many of you do too..and this drama aired back in 2010 so not sure if there was a thread on it already..but with this thread I'm sure some of us could down memory lane and just discuss what we thought about it.

I personally think this along with Malal (I'm sure Usman would agree) are Umera's best drama serials. The best part about both are that the scripts aren't novel based and since they weren't ..nothing seemed fictional or far fetched whatsoever..like most novels. Daam had no imagination involved as I felt it was real. It was about the price that came with friendship, and within it was the story of several relationships that all of us have gone through or at least seen. Such a touchy drama to say the least..I won't mind saying it's my most favorite drama in recent times.

I LOVEDDD Sanam Baloch in this drama. I remember watching Sanam in Dastaan & Daam both in 2010 (when this drama aired) and this drama aired Friday and Saturdays was Dastaan. I loved Dastaan and it has its own place..but that anticipation of Fridays just to watch Daam at night was something else. 😆 & I loved Sanam WAYY more here than in Dastaan because she made the character so real..I felt everything Zara felt with every step of the way. It was a real character and Sanam made it even more realistic. No one, and I mean no one could've done it better than her. Aamina, Adeel, Fizza, Nimra, Behroz Sabzwari etc were all awesome in their respective roles too..but I loved Zara the most..and the ending just made me love her more. I'm so glad Umera wrote such a play.

This is my most favorite scene:

from 5:20 to the end. Sanam & Aamina were brilliant to say the least. And their dialogues...this scene gets me every time.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGznvVs7tz8[/YOUTUBE]

Whoever else saw this drama and loved it..please do share your favorite scenes and opinions!

Edited by starstruckk - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Simplicity of Daam is what attracted me the most, no over the top drama...very easy to relate as it was based on friendship
One of my CC friend told me about Daam and Dastaan when i was looking for some good dramas to watch
So the likes of Daam, Dastaan, Qaid e tanhai and MAQH made me comeback to Pakistani Dramas and after that i am only watching Pakistani serials.
Sanam, Aminah and Adeel were all amazing in their respective roles...this is my all time favourite character by Sanam, post Dastaan she has done lots of Dastaan type stuff but i really want her to do Daam type of look.
Umera's dialogues were as always amazing especially when Sanam says "tum farishta thi mere liye thumein insaan nahi bana chayie tha"
All scenes between Adeel, Sanam and Aminah were great to watch ...i also love the scene when junaid confronts Maliha and also that hug scene between Zara and Junaid.
There are too many favourite scenes from this play, very real and easy to relate to story, great dialogues and perfectly portrayed characters by all actors.Also top notch direction makes it my favourite Umera Ahmed play till now.

I loved the scene in the last episode, when she confesses to her friend what she did! The dialogues were amazing! <3
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I did not see Daam when it originally aired.. some of my friends suggested me to watch it a few months back.. i tried watching it on YT but the quality was pretty bad. but then ARY started its re-run there I started watching it. and i have to say i really liked it.
the speciality about UA is that the characters writted by her are so real. you see such characters in real life & you can relate to them.
Coming back to Daam.. The concept was very nice & this was not something that we had seen before. Not even once you feel that the serial is being dragged or they should have edited some portions and i have to say that I loved the chemistry they showed between Maliha & Junaid in initial episodes..
Sanam Baloch & Amina both were the best choices for this role. They were totally in the character and i'm surprised Starstruck that you dint mention Nimra Bucha and the actress playing their mom..They did a fab job too..

starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Usman.

I did not see Daam when it originally aired.. some of my friends suggested me to watch it a few months back.. i tried watching it on YT but the quality was pretty bad. but then ARY started its re-run there I started watching it. and i have to say i really liked it.

the speciality about UA is that the characters writted by her are so real. you see such characters in real life & you can relate to them.
Coming back to Daam.. The concept was very nice & this was not something that we had seen before. Not even once you feel that the serial is being dragged or they should have edited some portions and i have to say that I loved the chemistry they showed between Maliha & Junaid in initial episodes..
Sanam Baloch & Amina both were the best choices for this role. They were totally in the character and i'm surprised Starstruck that you dint mention Nimra Bucha and the actress playing their mom..They did a fab job too..

are you sure I did? 😆 re-read :p..I never forgot Nimra. Oh yes, their mom and father were great yes I didn't mention them. lol Faisal Shah was good too!
Usman. thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

are you sure I did? 😆 re-read :p..I never forgot Nimra. Oh yes, their mom and father were great yes I didn't mention them. lol Faisal Shah was good too!

😆 my bad.. I missed it..
.Iconoclast. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Just finished Daam. I've never seen such a realistic drama on television. Every character was so real. The ending too was progressive and different.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Iconoclast-

Just finished Daam. I've never seen such a realistic drama on television. Every character was so real. The ending too was progressive and different.

I know! Thats the best part about that this drama..it's real & every character is realistic and important. I feel this drama deserved way more recognition then what it actually got as it was something different. I feel anyone who loved Daam will also love Malal...thats another unique one.
Edited by starstruckk - 11 years ago
Usman. thumbnail
^ agree SS.. malaal was another masterpiece.. it kept me hooked from the beginning till the very end... bohat kam aise serials hote hain jo end tak grip mein rakhe viewers ko.
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I didn't complete this serial but it was pretty intense stuff, i'd put it right up there along with my favourite Oopar gori ka makaan