Chat transcript - Manish Raisinghani

livingsince thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Manish Raisinghani

Transcript of LIVE CHAT with TV actor, Manish Raisinghani at 12 noon on Thursday, March 31, 2005 in Mumbai

Manish Raisinghani
TV actor

"I am an extremely unsatisfied man. I think I have to move on to better things."

Rita > Hi, did you feel the heat from the audience after replacing Ejaz Khan as "Varun" in Kahiin To Hoga (KTH)? He was their favourite. How did you cope with the immense popularity he enjoyed?
Manish Raisinghani > I think I was comfortably accepted by the audience in the first go itself and I got a very positive response from them. I don't think it was a very difficult task.

Sak bhavna > Hey Manish, this is Bhavna. You are just tremendous to look and are giving a fantastic performance in Kahiin To Hoga. So, what do you think about your cast? How are your co-stars? Is your co-star Rajeev co operative?
Manish Raisinghani > Thanks a lot for the compliment. Initially, Rajeev and I didn't share a very good relationship. But now he is more of an older brother. He is very cooperative. And about the rest of the co-stars, it's like a huge family and I am the brat kid of the family who's pampered like crazy!

Archie > Tell me, do TV stars become snooty like big film stars after they attain popularity?
Manish Raisinghani > Well, I can't talk on behalf of everybody. But, at least I am not like that. In fact I have become more humble.

Honey > What is your fitness funda?
Manish Raisinghani > I workout for 45 minutes in a day and eat whatever you want.

Shama > Manish, are you planning to do movies?
Manish Raisinghani > I am not taking up serial offers, as I want to do movies.

Gehta > Manish, Ejaz quit the serial and before him TV industry has (generally) seen replacement of actors so many times. Do you feel the insecurity as a professional?
Manish Raisinghani > I believe whatever happens, happens for the best. And I don't feel any kind of insecurity. The only thing you need to do is be good at your job.

Thegr8_m > I have heard that you were a model in Paris. Is it true?
Manish Raisinghani > I was a model in Europe (Turkey). I modelled there for a year.

Kush > Are you happy being a TV actor or you wanna do films also?
Manish Raisinghani > I am an extremely unsatisfied man. I think I have to move on to better things.

Honey > When is your date of birth?
Manish Raisinghani > 22 of July, 1979

Jugs > Are you marred? Do you have a girl friend?
Manish Raisinghani > I have a girl friend and we will be getting married after four years.

Lili > Why didn't Rajeev and you get along initially? Some cultural differences or professional jealousies?
Manish Raisinghani > Probably because both of us are known for our looks. So we had this kind of a rivalry. But when we got to know each other personally, everything got better (doubts were removed).

Clod > Some time ago there was talk of "Sujal" (Rajeev) quitting the show and then also "Kashish" (Aamna) was rumoured to be not happy with her role and was thinking of quitting. When such things happen, don't they have a demoralising effect on the rest of the time? Please do give an honest answer. Don't you guys feel that next it would be your turn to walk out?
Manish Raisinghani > They had their own personal reasons and I would not like to comment on it. It did affect us, as it would be like one of the family members leaving (the family).

Honey > Who else are there in your (real) family?
Manish Raisinghani > My mom, dad, a younger sister and grandmom.

Jugs > How did you get the role of "Varun" in KTH? Do you know anyone in the television industry?
Manish Raisinghani > Before KTH I was doing a serial named Kahiin Kissi Roz and Kehna Hai Mujhko. So when Ejaz was being replaced I received a call from Ektaa to do the role.

Meena > What made you take part in the Mr. India contest?
Manish Raisinghani > I have always been a misguided missile with a lot of energy and I landed up there and came out with flying colours.

Kali > What's your education? Do you come from a business family?
Manish Raisinghani > I am a mechanical engineer. I come from a service family.

Bhavnasak16 > Have you done any albums? If yes then which one? Who's your favourite actor/actress? If you want to date who would you date?
Manish Raisinghani > None because I have a very possessive girl friend who will kill me. I have done three albums – for Vaishali Sawant, t-series and another one is a Punjabi video, which is yet to release.

Uri > What's it with you guys, haan? You do engineering, MBAs etc and then become actors. Why? Don't you feel that you wasted your education and time?
Manish Raisinghani > I believe you need education to fall back upon wherever you are. And it (education) reflects in your persona.

Dima > Don't you think your chocolate-boy looks may just over shadow your acting abilities and people will cast you just for the looks and not so much for acting skills? Has the thought occurred to you?
Manish Raisinghani > Just for this sake I have been doing some thriller and suspense episodes for Aahat and Raat Hone Ko Hai where it's more of acting than style and looks; those are not even the criteria.

Khushbhu > Were you sure to become a model or TV actor since your child hood? If you were not an actor or a model, which profession would you choose?
Manish Raisinghani > If I was not in this profession, I'd probably be vice president of some company but after five years. As a kid I never thought about acting or modeling. It all started when my seniors dragged me for an inter-collegiate pageant where I won the best male model.

Honey > Manish, your favourite movie?
Manish Raisinghani > Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge is my all time favourite.

Sam > Hey Manish, how do you look at the competition with Rishi? If a situation arrives wherein two of you fight for the same girl what will you do?
Manish Raisinghani > Just smile and the girl will be mine.

Jigs > What in a woman turns you on?
Manish Raisinghani > The way she carries her self. It's not just the looks, it's mainly about the persona.

Binni > Tell us about your girl friend. Is she an actress too? What do you like in her sooo much? Where did you meet her? How long have you two been going steady?
Manish Raisinghani > This March 10th we completed three years (of relationship). She's a model too. She is from Pune and her name is Vilvin. She was my best friend for a year. I met her at a friend's birthday party. What I like about her is - it's just that she is a class apart.

Sam > Manish, in real life will you marry a girl like "Mehak" who was already married earlier?
Manish Raisinghani > If I really loved the woman, her past wouldn't matter.

Sam > Who is your favorite actor and actress?
Manish Raisinghani > Favourite actor - Collin Farrell, Amitabh Bachchan. And among actresses – Catherine Zeta Jones and Rekha.

Kush > I am feeling dam jealous!!!!!!
Manish Raisinghani > About what?

Kush > About your girl friend.
Manish Raisinghani > Please don't be jealous.

Reena > When will you start looking for a corporate job since you want to be a VP of a company. Aren't we going to see you as actor for too long?
Manish Raisinghani > I said if it all I wasn't in this profession I would have ended up as a VP. Since I am here, I'd like to deliver my best and entertain all of you.

Riky > From whom do you face tough competition - Rishi, Sujal or Akshat?
Manish Raisinghani > I think it's Rajeev (Sujal) as his popularity is already sky high and he's got a much better and an adorable character to play.

Sign Off Message > Aim for the moon because if you miss at least you will become a star. Love, Manish.