ll Ashk Overall Review ll Disappointment

..Armaania.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Today was the last episode of the famous show Ashk that consisted of Fawad Khan and Neelum as the leads.
Honestly speaking, the promos of this drama made me attract to the story. I don't know, after Fawad Khan appearing in a hit: Humsafar, I expected this time again he is going to come up with something simple yet huge. So I was like YES, THIS IS HIS ONE! I hardly used to watch Shehre zaat as I loved Ashk so much in the beginning.

The first episode was OKAY-ish, as it was just an introduction so as viewers we did not expect much. The tone of the drama slipped away, it went really imbalanced, sometimes episode 4 acted to be better than 5 and sometimes 7 even more worse. Altogether, as Ashk GENUINE fans we tolerated every tone of it and always appreciated when the episode went good.πŸ˜ƒ

The TWIST

And then came the twist for which we were waiting, Rohail refusing to marry Mehru and choose Zaibu..πŸ˜ƒ

When Zaibu said 'YES' for the marriage we were like happiest souls on earth.😳 BUT a lame twist came on the way. Zaibu did not say 'Yes' because she loved Rohail but because she wanted to take revenge from him as he refused to marry his sister, that decremented Zaibu's Aapi and mother's dignity. πŸ₯±
There were many other ways to take revenge except of marriage, aur agar marriage dikhana tha tu ye revenge track kyun laaya? Both just couldn't match.

However, still as Ashk fans we continued to watch the show.
And then Zaibu , what tactics she showed while taking revenge.
1) Being awkward with Rohail on Wedding Night.
2) Wearing some awkward clothes when she was suppose to wear bridal dress at Reception.
3) Unnecessarily drinking alcohol, etc.
4) LOL making one a brother by putting him rakhi and asking him to be your boyfriend to jealous your husband.
5) Unnecessarily doing shak on Rohail.
6) And the list continues..πŸ₯±

And how does Rohail react?
1) So calm and patiently..
2) Forgives her for each and every thing.
3) Does not react violently when she argues having Chinki as a friend.
4) Forgives her for wearing lame dress at Reception Party.
5) In short, he becomes EPITOME OF DECENCY and PATIENCE.😳 ( Just like a sweetheart).

But then everything changes...
Twist comes..πŸ˜ƒ Zaibu on one fine day gets to know its not Rohail's fault.. and then suddenly her PYAAR jaags utho..☺️🀣

Par Rohail Saab bhi kisi se kam nahin,suddenly he becomes all close with Madeeha and Madeeha makes him very much ziddi.

Aur baazi palat jaati hain.

Now Rohail becomes Zaibu and Zaibu becomes Rohail.. nahin samjhe?🀣

Rohail starts to act ignorant how Zaibu used to be in beginning days and Zaibu becomes extra sweet jaise Rohail tha pehle.

Zaibu NOW :
1) Becomes a VERY obedient and as we say in Urdu : Tabedaar biwi : ban jaati hain.
2) She now loves to do khidmat of Rohail.
3)Suddenly she starts to love her Phupho.
4) She goes on doing anything for forgiveness whether it is crying infront of Rohail, haath jhorna uske saamne ya uske pair pakarna.
5) So in short, Zaibu becomes the very-obedient wife, just how every typical wife is shown in every pak drama: being tabedaar and doing khidmat of husband, etc etc.

Arrey agar Zaibu itni hi achi thi tu achai pehle kyun nahin dikhaayi? πŸ₯ΊNow Rohail is in web of Madeeha, how will he notice all the sacrifices you are making for him?

Mr.Rohail on other hand: To be honest the ONLY character I liked. I really appreciated how he forgave his wife for ALMOST every thing whether it was wearing lame clothes in such high party or forgiving her befriending a guy whom she did not know.. BUT then suddenly what happens to him in the latter part of the drama?πŸ€“

I know i know Sabar ki bhi inteha hoti hain, but not that when U stop being patient you become totally blind and inhuman. Blind to not see how much someone is so desperate and helpless just to take ONE FORGIVENESS from you, and Inhuman not caring about the person who is doing everything so you can forgive her.

Okay so yeah ROHAIL - LATER ON :
1) Suddenly starts SOO caring for Madeeha.
2) His wife is literally losing her self respect to ask forgiveness from him but he doesn't care TILL the last episode where he calls her a 'Bechaari'.. I really felt those words. πŸ˜” But Rohail agar ye itni hi bechaari thi tu when U said U r going to divorce her, she literally came on her knees for you, yet you did not care and sent her off to Pakistan.

So yeah, it IS story of Rohail-Zaibu but both the characters were badly butchered by the writer. Sadly!! 😳

Coming to the last episode, all rona dhona of every character and JUST last Seven minutes of the Show given to Rohail-Zaibu to talk.

And what do they talk? πŸ˜•πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Zaibu hamesha Rohail ki thi and Rohail tu kabhi Madeeha ka tha nahin, agar hota tu uski zindagi mein Zaibu kaise aati! And THE END!! 😡
Kitna pyaara couple tha, atleast dialogues thore powerful hote in the end.

I mean when a serial is ending, you expect a happy ending, right?
And we ACTUALLY got a happy ending, but did not feel happy, why?
Because the last seven minutes of Rohail - Zaibu's abrupt conversation just did NOT satisfy the viewers. I mean all this Zaibu asking forgiveness and Rohail not forgiving her drama dragged till 8-9 episodes and in the end, just one happy moment of them together?

I did not talk about other characters of Ashk, they also had few flaws in between, but that doesn't matter as eventually it was story of Rohail-Zaibu for me.

Though it was a happy ending, it did not satisfy me. I did not feel happiness seeing the lead pair together as I used to feel happy seeing end of other dramas.

All in one, Ashk was a good experience for me to watch. The team consisting of respected actors, writer, etc must have put up their best and I appreciate it.
Loved the pair of Fawad and Neelum and also Loved Rohail in the beginning and Zaibu in the latter part of serial.

Sorry if one has been offended, not intended to use any derogatory or rude remarks for anyone, or the serial.

Do share your views regarding Ashk if you have any!
Edited by Princezz22 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I watched the whole drama thinking the screen play will get better the story line will become more interesting, however it was a big disappointment.
Had no idea it was the last episode.

But now looking forward to Zindagi Gulzar hai.

Edited by Peacefull - 11 years ago
..Armaania.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Peacefull

I watched the whole drama thinking the screen play will get better the story line will become more interesting, however it was a big disappointment.
Had no idea it was the last episode.

But now looking forward to Zindagi Gulzar hai.

Same here! I watched from first episode till the last just IN HOPE that once it will try to be balanced, but the drama never got balanced.. All characters were badly butchered.πŸ₯±

You watched the episode and didn't get to know its the last one or U haven't watched the episode yet?πŸ˜† Waise no one can derive from this episode as last episode, as I said a viewer cant get the satisfaction and contentment seeing them happy together in the end.

Zindagi Gulzar Hain I REALLY hope is good. I am a fan of Fawad and definetely going to watch all his plays as I watched Ashk.. 🀣 Ashk : Tolerance test for every Fawad Khan fan.. 🀣
Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Princezz22

Same here! I watched from first episode till the last just IN HOPE that once it will try to be balanced, but the drama never got balanced.. All characters were badly butchered.πŸ₯±

You watched the episode and didn't get to know its the last one or U haven't watched the episode yet?πŸ˜† Waise no one can derive from this episode as last episode, as I said a viewer cant get the satisfaction and contentment seeing them happy together in the end.

Zindagi Gulzar Hain I REALLY hope is good. I am a fan of Fawad and definetely going to watch all his plays as I watched Ashk.. 🀣 Ashk : Tolerance test for every Fawad Khan fan.. 🀣

Watched it earlier and then after ur post realized it was the last episode. Don't blame me yaar Drama waise tha kya kare. πŸ˜†πŸ˜† That itself tell you the impact of the drama. I still consider myself a big Fawad Khan..:) Dastaan, Humsafar, AA all good this one just didn't work.
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
lolll, this drama was a weird one.

Let me start off by saying, I loved the first 5 episodes..I really did. The initial scenes in Pakistan between Mehru-Rohail-Zaibu were awesome..it just went downhill from there on.

The story was the weakest link. Too much time & space to faaltu characters for no reason whatsoever. Then weak characterizations. Every single character was flawed to the max. Zaibu's behavior towards Rohail was always irrational..Rohail's sudden aggressive behavior towards her made no sense either..not to mention how out of no where Rohail starts becoming so friendly with Madiha. So, when the characters are so flawed, I don't know how you could possibly have a gripping storyline.

Sarmad's direction was alright..I honestly won't say he was all that weak here since the story just gave too much time to unnecessary characters..and as a director Sarmad had to give them exposure as the script demanded. I thought Neelum was the best out of all actors..with Fawad being the second. Everyone else was just okay.

I must admit I watched every episode of this drama in hope it would get better..but sadly, it didn't. I also continued watching it for Fawad as he's one my favs...and also because I like Neelum. Overall, this drama was a letdown ..the promos made it seem like something spectacular.

I cant believe i wasted my time on this! Moreover, I cant believe fawad agreed to be a part of it! :O
294531 thumbnail
Hey Mahi
nice to see you here .
Thank god i didnt watch this drama
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Starstruck - You may be the only person here who likes Neelum. Anyways, just wondering, why you like her?

So I am confused, did he or did he not divorce her? Did they or did they not get together in the end. Someone please clear it up for me.
..Armaania.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Peacefull

Watched it earlier and then after ur post realized it was the last episode. Don't blame me yaar Drama waise tha kya kare. πŸ˜†πŸ˜† That itself tell you the impact of the drama. I still consider myself a big Fawad Khan..:) Dastaan, Humsafar, AA all good this one just didn't work.

OMG now that totally shows how this drama made everyone senses not to work. 🀣 I mean its not ur fault yaar, drama hi aisa tha ke pata nahin chala whether its last episode or not. 🀣
Yup, Dastaan, Humsafar , I LOVED AA <3 he rocked in that drama..
..Armaania.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

lolll, this drama was a weird one.

Let me start off by saying, I loved the first 5 episodes..I really did. The initial scenes in Pakistan between Mehru-Rohail-Zaibu were awesome..it just went downhill from there on.
Yeah the Pakistan scenes were very nice till Zaibu agrees for marriage to take revenge.

The story was the weakest link. Too much time & space to faaltu characters for no reason whatsoever. Then weak characterizations. Every single character was flawed to the max. Zaibu's behavior towards Rohail was always irrational..Rohail's sudden aggressive behavior towards her made no sense either..not to mention how out of no where Rohail starts becoming so friendly with Madiha. So, when the characters are so flawed, I don't know how you could possibly have a gripping storyline.
Special mention to emphasize more on unnecessary characters.πŸ₯± The last episode was full of them and less of Rohail-Zaibu.
Zaibu at first is seen so immature getting into a marriage bond for stupid revenge and then later on, she is seen as [ u say it in hindi] pati wrata patni , sati savitri type.. 🀣 Like WHY SO BIG CHANGE? πŸ˜•πŸ€£ Cant her character be balanced? and on the other hand, Rohail changing from worlds best hubby to a more aggressive and ignorant husbandπŸ˜• Characters totally butchered as you said!

Sarmad's direction was alright..I honestly won't say he was all that weak here since the story just gave too much time to unnecessary characters..and as a director Sarmad had to give them exposure as the script demanded. I thought Neelum was the best out of all actors..with Fawad being the second. Everyone else was just okay.

In the beginning, I found direction to be weak in Turkey but it all got fine later on.

I must admit I watched every episode of this drama in hope it would get better..but sadly, it didn't. I also continued watching it for Fawad as he's one my favs...and also because I like Neelum. Overall, this drama was a letdown ..the promos made it seem like something spectacular.

Same here! I watched this drama from First episode till the last in hope it will get better, but it didn't. Yes, Neelum's acting was really good, I hope she get more offers after this drama as she has done a great job with her acting. I liked Fawad Khan the most. It was due to him I was watching this drama only and also in hope this serial might turn better.

Word Count: 1