Tansmission Of Six TV Channels Blocked

chaha_khan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

By Hamza Mujahid

Around six television channels discontinued their broadcast owing to internal rifts and differences between them and cable operators.The Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) has taken notice of disappearance of six channels from the television screen and issued directions for restoration of their service.Responding to a question, the PEMRA spokesman said that if any channel or cable operator would approach it, the matter would be taken up and resolved.Meanwhile, Pemra Chairman also took notice of closure of some entertainment channels on cable networks. The channels were reportedly shut down by cable operators due to dispute between Cable Operators of Pakistan (CAP) and few members of Pakistan Broadcasting Association (PBA), said a press release issued by PEMRA. The Chairman assured both CAP and PBA to amicably resolve their grievances by holding a joint meeting between them. Meanwhile, Cable Operators of Pakistan have been asked to restore transmission of closed channels.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweetcharms thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
they should settle their dispute soon
_Maggie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
yeah i just read that in the newspaper😃
mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Urghhh! I miss humtv, ary and geo! I hope they settle their dispute soon.😡
sonu-monu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
what the f solve you problem soon coz of your problem ZGH timing date change it..:((

btw TFS