Sarmad Khoosat Disowns Shehr-e-Zaat

Taify thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

09 Nov 2012

HAPPENINGS: Sarmad Khoosat Disowns Shehr-e-Zaat

Sarmad Khoosat recently announced that he is officially disowning Shehr-e-Zaat as a director. This has resulted in raised eye-brows.

The director was earlier in news for treating Ashk the same way; however, back then it was justified, given how poorly Ashk has fared. However, this is surprising because Shehr-e-Zaat was a major success that had people walking.

Some say that it is just to show his anger towards Umera Ahmed who publicly announced that she had written only 16 episodes of the serial, which was stretched beyond limits. Some say that Sarmad is angry with HUM for the same, as the channel did this to his previous serial, Humsafar, too.

However, a little section believes that it has more to do with the criticism he has received over the dialogues in the serial that were added by the director without the consent of the writer (Umera Ahmed). Umera has shown disconcern over dialogue ""Cheezein beyhaya nahi hoti hain un say jo kuch mansoob kiya jata hai wo unhey beyhaya ya baahaya bnata hai. Haya bhi nazar mein hoti hai aur beyhayyai bhi." (rumored) as this is said to have disrespected her.

Whatever the case, we don't know why he would do that – that too on a public forum. Well, keep checking this space for more updates.

by admin in Happenings Tags: sarmad khoosat drama, shehr e zaat dialogue, umera ahmed controversy

[Edit]

2 Comments

1. msn
    Nov 09, 2012 @ 11:47:45 [Edit]

umera ahmed is right to complain but i think she is whining too much these days. may be she is desperate for attention. First the Aks controversy and now this.
    The dialogue was not bad at all. UA needs to shut up.

• admin
      Nov 09, 2012 @ 11:52:58 [Edit]

Please refrain from using such language against any celebrity. We'll have a clearer picture tonight, as the whole team is to appear live on HUM.

Leave a Reply

Logged in as admin. Log out?

Anti-Spam Quiz: 3+3=

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Usman. thumbnail
I was about to make a separate topic for regarding that particular dialogue which is mentioned in this article but lets discuss it here only..
i'm not getting whats so controversial about this dialogue.. i'm not completely getting it. Some one please through some light on it.

@ article ; Sarmad really seems angry. and i think Humtv is to blamed for it. They have stretched the show unnecessarily. His anger is justified. The show was also dragging in the middle episodes and they dragged it even further.
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Usman.

I was about to make a separate topic for regarding that particular dialogue which is mentioned in this article but lets discuss it here only..

i'm not getting whats so controversial about this dialogue.. i'm not completely getting it. Some one please through some light on it.

@ article ; Sarmad really seems angry. and i think Humtv is to blamed for it. They have stretched the show unnecessarily. His anger is justified. The show was also dragging in the middle episodes and they dragged it even further.

Wait I thought it was Umera who said the show was stretched beyond limits and he was angry because she made that announcement. Now I am confused someone clear this.
Usman. thumbnail

Originally posted by: canuck-umz

Wait I thought it was Umera who said the show was stretched beyond limits and he was angry because she made that announcement. Now I am confused someone clear this.

Everyone is confused regarding this situation.. The article states that either Sarmad is angry at Umera for saying this or he is angry at channel for doing it.. hope i made any sense 😆
Taify thumbnail
I am trying my best to extract information regarding this.. just wait for a few days ;)
simplytoxic thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I remember seeing a post on Umera Ahmad's facebook page about those lines not written by her, but added by the director. My suspicion is that the channel probably wanted Sarmad to apologize or something maybe like that and he refused... and that's why he didn't turn up at the live transmission either. But that's just my guess.
I personally don't get it either that why that dialogue created so much fuss...but the problem is that all have different views on these topics, when it comes to music, art and stuff. It's not possible to make everyone agree so it is a very sensitive topic.
Taify thumbnail
I didn't like the dialogue, personally =P
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Usman, the dialogue isn't so much controversial when looked at from a general perspective (we discussed this in the SeZ AT as well), but it just didn't go well with the theme of the drama, or the story that UA actually wrote...which is why it created so much hype and what not..
I think Umera is right! I am disappointed with Sarmad too!