Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: starstruckk

So then why are you asking for opinions? you already have your mind made up..we aren't here to waste your or our time. And, besides there's 10 pages for you to see what most of us said..however, you've overlooked 10 pages and have just been repetitive with one stance..Falak disrespected her mom, why? how? and whatnot. Moreover, you feel Asher didn't even disrespect his mom whereas Falak did..that's just laughable in my honest opinion. No offense...I feel we have a different definition for disrespect here.

Anyway, suit yourself..you don't agree with Islam..nor have you gained any respect for Islam after this drama..so this thread is going no where.

@ Usman: No, I have not read the novel..but I can't help but think how the novel was written without naani's character as naani's character within the drama seems to be the core. That alone shows me Umera & Sarmad did a well job in convincing the people who haven't read the novel, that SeZ is unique. A lot of people always feel dramas & movies are never exactly like the novel..so, I can see where you are coming from..but the drama SeZ itself satisfied me and I honestly think it was directed quite well too.

calm down, and for ur kind info some did agree with me, if u r not ready to let go of ur opinion, neither am I
Edited by Nkapoor3 - 11 years ago
itzMYattitude thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
ok i dont know what everyone's is talking about over here
just this serial didn't clicked me real well
m not saying it was anti Islam or something
but it was not as impressive as other ummera's plays were
n falak's character, i wasn't able to get it
i dont know what mohib was doing in the play, there's wasn't any need
ok nani's character was fine but mohib???
n play was real stretched

now it seems that all the ummera's plays are having the same storyline i dont know y
i know she's an amazing writer and she had written other stories beyong perfection
but for me she's a writer love writing story with theme "in the begging there's a girl became religious after facing hardships in life"
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Nkapoor, i admire you for trying to understand islam...but i am confused what is it exactly that you want to know...could you explain please, we will try our best to answer them.

friends, nkapoor has said she isnt muslim...plz, if someone is taking interest in your deen then try to make it easy for them, dont be harsh.😊
Nkapoor3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: happyviewer

Nkapoor, i admire you for trying to understand islam...but i am confused what is it exactly that you want to know...could you explain please, we will try our best to answer them.

friends, nkapoor has said she isnt muslim...plz, if someone is taking interest in your deen then try to make it easy for them, dont be harsh.😊

shehr e zaat was regressive, is Islam the same? I think not
-shabz- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nkapoor3

shehr e zaat was regressive, is Islam the same? I think not

why do you think shere zaat is regressive?

no islam is not regressive...islam gave rights to women when women were not even deemed human...islam gave inheritance rights hundreds of years ago...women have a right to chose their husband and can divorce them if they like...women have a right to educate themselves etc etc...women are put on a pedestal in islam, not to be seen as a sexual object, hence told to cover up...people see that as opression which it isnt...if you ask specific question i will be able to answer you further..😊
Nkapoor3 thumbnail

why do you think shere zaat is regressive?

no islam is not regressive...islam gave rights to women when women were not even deemed human...islam gave inheritance rights hundreds of years ago...women have a right to chose their husband and can divorce them if they like...women have a right to educate themselves etc etc...women are put on a pedestal in islam, not to be seen as a sexual object, hence told to cover up...people see that as opression which it isnt...if you ask specific question i will be able to answer you further..😊

I wanted to ask about this?

"At a certain stage, there was some disagreement between Fatimah, the Prophet's daughter and her husband, Ali who was the Prophet's cousin. They presented their case before him, requesting him to define their responsibilities for them. The Prophet (Pbuh) said to his daughter; "You do the work that must be done inside the home, and he does what needs to be done outside." This division of the family work is both fair and practical."

Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 3272 Narrated by Abu Hurayrah

When Allah's Messenger (saws) was asked which woman was best he replied, "The one who pleases (her husband) when he looks at her, obeys him when he gives a command, and does not go against his wishes regarding her person or property by doing anything of which he disapproves."

Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 3254 Narrated by Anas ibn Malik

Allah's Messenger (saws) said, "When a woman observes the five times of prayer, fasts during Ramadan, preserves her chastity and obeys her husband, she may enter by any of the gates of Paradise she wishes."

it is definitely not compulsory to do household chores but it is the responsibility of the wife to obey her husband and by taking care of the house she actually makes it home

-shabz- thumbnail
[QUOT

"At a certain stage, there was some disagreement between Fatimah, the Prophet's daughter and her husband, Ali who was the Prophet's cousin. They presented their case before him, requesting him to define their responsibilities for them. The Prophet (Pbuh) said to his daughter; "You do the work that must be done inside the home, and he does what needs to be done outside." This division of the family work is both fair and practical."

When Allah's Messenger (saws) was asked which woman was best he replied, "The one who pleases (her husband) when he looks at her, obeys him when he gives a command, and does not go against his wishes regarding her person or property by doing anything of which he disapproves."

Allah's Messenger (saws) said, "When a woman observes the five times of prayer, fasts during Ramadan, preserves her chastity and obeys her husband, she may enter by any of the gates of Paradise she wishes."

it is definitely not compulsory to do household chores but it is the responsibility of the wife to obey her husband and by taking care of the house she actually makes it home

[/QUOTE.
God has created man and woman differently...men are made physically stronger than woman,agreed? hence they are the bread winner...women have the ability to bear children, and have virtues like patience and are sensitive...God made them different for a reason...they both complete each other...this men and women both have to earn money is a very new thing, ...now due to feminist movement we think differently...but hundreds of years ago that was the norm...dont you agree...women till the late 1800's basic job was to take care of the household...now things are different, islam doesnt prohibit a woman from earning money, as long as she stays within the limitations of islam...if you listen to lectures by dr. bilal philips and yousef estes you will be more clear, and i truly appreciate you asking questions.

btw...when you read she has to obey her husband, its if her husband is just with her and treats her well...she is not supposed to obey him if he keeps her from her religious obligations...God comes first...husband is not our God...so dont confuse yourself.😊

Nkapoor3 thumbnail

[QUOT

[/QUOTE.
God has created man and woman differently...men are made physically stronger than woman,agreed? hence they are the bread winner...women have the ability to bear children, and have virtues like patience and are sensitive...God made them different for a reason...they both complete each other...this men and women both have to earn money is a very new thing, ...now due to feminist movement we think differently...but hundreds of years ago that was the norm...dont you agree...women till the late 1800's basic job was to take care of the household...now things are different, islam doesnt prohibit a woman from earning money, as long as she stays within the limitations of islam...if you listen to lectures by dr. bilal philips and yousef estes you will be more clear, and i truly appreciate you asking questions.

btw...when you read she has to obey her husband, its if her husband is just with her and treats her well...she is not supposed to obey him if he keeps her from her religious obligations...God comes first...husband is not our God...so dont confuse yourself.😊

what are the limitations of Islam for women??
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

It's not even about Islam in many places. It's about not even making sense rather.

How can someone find Falak "disrespecting" her mother in SeZ when she's rather questioning her mom about why she never taught her the basics to religion..and they're constantly emphasizing how Islam teaches you to respect your mom...however, they don't find anything wrong with Asher screaming at his mother in the end of Humsafar..and that shock more or less makes his mom disabled. That just doesn't make sense.

Secondly, people have a problem with Umera's writing in general. It was seen at the time of DeS, it's no different now. People talk about her shows being regressive yet in other shows with the woman going back to the guy with less or no explanation are appreciated. If you're going to call one show regressive..then I fail to understand why another show that should also be called regressive is appreciated. Once again..no logic. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I'm not sure why there's the need to constantly ask for explanations to self satisfy yourself when you know can't seem to agree. That's just a case of having a difference of opinion then.

Me like others have provided tons of explanation for people in this thread. Not saying they should agree..but at least go ahead and tell us where they disagree or where they don't understand so we could further explain and MAYBE provide some clearance. However, if you're going to constantly say that Falak disrespecting her mom is such a huge problem..and overlook so many of the posts that people have provided..then I'm sorry..you're choosing not to help yourself.
Edited by starstruckk - 11 years ago
Nkapoor3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

It's not even about Islam in many places. It's about not even making sense rather.

How can someone find Falak "disrespecting" her mother in SeZ when she's rather questioning her mom about why she never taught her the basics to religion..and they're constantly emphasizing how Islam teaches you to respect your mom...however, they don't find anything wrong with Asher screaming at his mother in the end of Humsafar..and that shock more or less makes his mom disabled. That just doesn't make sense.

Secondly, people have a problem with Umera's writing in general. It was seen at the time of DeS, it's no different now. People talk about her shows being regressive yet in other shows with the woman going back to the guy with less or no explanation are appreciated. If you're going to call one show regressive..then I fail to understand why another show that should also be called regressive is appreciated. Once again..no logic. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I'm not sure why there's the need to constantly ask for explanations to self satisfy yourself when you know can't seem to agree. That's just a case of having a difference of opinion then.

Me like others have provided tons of explanation for people in this thread. Not saying they should agree..but at least go ahead and tell us where they disagree or where they don't understand so we could further explain and MAYBE provide some clearance. However, if you're going to constantly say that Falak disrespecting her mom is such a huge problem..and overlook so many of the posts that people have provided..then I'm sorry..you're choosing not to help yourself.

please stay out of it, I am talking to someone who is understanding my POV