Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Nopee.. That's why I was asking you the difference in my previous post?
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: BlackStar.

Nopee.. That's why I was asking you the difference in my previous post?

I think i missed your previous post.. Anyway, i strongly recommend you reading the novel. I have read the novel hence my expectations were high but to be very honest i'z somewhat disappointed at the dramatization. Imo Sarmad is over rated as a director.
as for the differences.. there was quite a few Naani's character was not part of the novel. Thats the major difference right? Also Hamza was not part of the novel. I think he was wasted in the serial too.. agar daalna hi tha toh proper storyline to dete.. Also many dialogues were changed & the novel was not dragged as they dragged the serial.
xpakigirlx thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nkapoor3

Another very important teaching of Islam is that it is not a wife's duty to serve her husband, and that the husband should be greatful to his wife, however nani paid out falak for not doing household chores!! And then falak feels bad about it later when her husband leaves her, I mean really?? How frikin regressive!!

u are totally wrong..it is totally the responsibility of a woman to look after her husband...what u r saying if for thegirls inlaws...
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: khushna

u are totally wrong..it is totally the responsibility of a woman to look after her husband...what u r saying if for thegirls inlaws...

why so? And falak was looking after the house, just because she was taking help does not mean that nani should look down upon her, why did she say that a woman is suppose to do the chores? And why did falak ponder upon her words after the separation? It was like promoting the fact that a man is never wrong!! But at the end of the day it is the woman's fault!
Edited by Nkapoor3 - 11 years ago
Nkapoor3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: BlackStar.

No offense Nkapoor, but I'm just generally stating for someone whose not exactly familiar with Islam it's hard to understand the drama.. But as a Muslim it was quite well made for me.. Yes I had to ponder upon a lot of stuff but it wasn't rocket science. It was just to think how I can make myself a better person.
And I'm a HUGGEE Humsafar fan..
But the truth is, that drama was more towards the entertainment side.. It was totally different from the type of drama's DES and SEZ are.

I haven't read the book so I can't speak about it but Usman wasn't she so-called rude to her mom in the book too?
What's the difference?

it was no rocket science but I do believe that religion and regressiveness was mixed up in this show! I am sure Islam does not promote regressiveness or does it?
Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
"At a certain stage, there was some disagreement between Fatimah, the Prophet's daughter and her husband, Ali who was the Prophet's cousin. They presented their case before him, requesting him to define their responsibilities for them. The Prophet (Pbuh) said to his daughter; "You do the work that must be done inside the home, and he does what needs to be done outside." This division of the family work is both fair and practical."

Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 3272 Narrated by Abu Hurayrah

When Allah's Messenger (saws) was asked which woman was best he replied, "The one who pleases (her husband) when he looks at her, obeys him when he gives a command, and does not go against his wishes regarding her person or property by doing anything of which he disapproves."

Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 3254 Narrated by Anas ibn Malik

Allah's Messenger (saws) said, "When a woman observes the five times of prayer, fasts during Ramadan, preserves her chastity and obeys her husband, she may enter by any of the gates of Paradise she wishes."

it is definitely not compulsory to do household chores but it is the responsibility of the wife to obey her husband and by taking care of the house she actually makes it home
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Well seems like I do not agree with Islam

Well seems like I do not agree with Islam

Exactly! When you dont know believe in Islam in the first place, then whats the logic of your argument?
Nkapoor3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: _QueenofHearts_

Exactly! When you dont know believe in Islam in the first place, then whats the logic of your argument?

the logic of my argument is that the show was not good enough for me to gain more respect for Islam
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

the logic of my argument is that the show was not good enough for me to gain more respect for Islam

So then why are you asking for opinions? you already have your mind made up..we aren't here to waste your or our time. And, besides there's 10 pages for you to see what most of us said..however, you've overlooked 10 pages and have just been repetitive with one stance..Falak disrespected her mom, why? how? and whatnot. Moreover, you feel Asher didn't even disrespect his mom whereas Falak did..that's just laughable in my honest opinion. No offense...I feel we have a different definition for disrespect here.

Anyway, suit yourself..you don't agree with Islam..nor have you gained any respect for Islam after this drama..so this thread is going no where.

@ Usman: No, I have not read the novel..but I can't help but think how the novel was written without naani's character as naani's character within the drama seems to be the core. That alone shows me Umera & Sarmad did a well job in convincing the people who haven't read the novel, that SeZ is unique. A lot of people always feel dramas & movies are never exactly like the novel..so, I can see where you are coming from..but the drama SeZ itself satisfied me and I honestly think it was directed quite well too.