Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Nkapoor3

then that means it is nani's fault that falak's mother is not religious!!

No it doesnt, they mentioned in the show that her mother was religious before she got married! She changed because of her HUSBAND so she has no reason to blame her mother for anything...but Falak does have a reason to!
Nkapoor, noone said that following Islam makes you not face hardships, if thats what you misunderstood it as
Infact, believers of Allah and Islam sometimes face even MORE difficulties in their life but they manage to overcome them more easily just because they know theyre not alone and God is with them! When Falak had Allah with her, she didnt feel alone anymore and learnt how to face her problems.
Rabz_14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
r u kidding me?? what sort of article is this?? seems like the writer just wanted to criticize Sez thats it..be it in any sense

doesnt he/she know that its Parents' esp a Mother's Responsibility to teach her children about Islam..tell them whats right n what is wrong...if a child performs a sinful act, his mother will also be questioned punished for tht in Hereafter...its common sense

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nkapoor3

It is the director/writer's duty to make us understand their POV, it is not the viewers duty to go out of the way to understand it! so if some people did not understand the show, then that is a failure in the execution of the story!!
yes I am not a Muslim, but that does not mean I am intolerant to the religion, if that was the case then I would not have watched this show. I watched this show to get in touch with my spiritual side, to see a story of a person and their growth in to a better human being, but I was left dissapointed!! 1st step to being a good human being is to accept all responsibility of one's actions and do not blame loved ones for your own failure, which Falak did not do, and instead kept on telling her mum off for her situation, where else talked perfectly well with Salman who was actually responsible in ruining her life, it was not like Allah gave Salman to her as a punishment!!??
To be honest, shows like humsafar evoked much more of a philosophical and spiritual side of me! Through the character of Khirad I learnt the value of honesty, through Ashar I learnt how to be restrained and how to always be respectful towards parents, however Shehr-e-zaat has not been able to teach me anything!

you're just going in circles with the constant "she disrespected her mom" part.
Nkapoor, I've seen you criticize naani's character from the very word go. You have mentioned in the very first few episodes as to why does naani always tell Falak to search for God etc. let alone during the last few episodes where naani's role really kicks in. So, when you've had a problem with such a character that was the core of this drama from the first few scenes, then I can't imagine what perspective you have on the theme of this drama..which is more or less along the beliefs of naani's character.

Furthermore, the director and writer etc of any show, movie etc try their best to project their work to the best of their ability..some agree, and some disagree..we can only argue for and against opinions. No one's forcing you or the writer of the article to go along with what most of us are saying. Although, yes I personally think Sarmad & Umera presented this theme brilliantly..and I actually don't think anyone but Sarmad, the director of this drama could've presented this theme this well.

And, once again..you like the writer of the article you posted..only pinpoint Falak asking her mother why she didn't teach her mom about religion. So, more or less that is the problem you guys have with the drama? You do realize that Falak only questions her mom in one or two scenes at most. Also, Falak couldn't even recite the basics of the Holy Quran..which is an integral part of learning Islam for every child. As a child your parents should teach you how to recite the Quran..yet Falak couldn't even do that because as a kid she wasn't taught. She didn't know how to conduct wudu, which is the process of cleansing yourself before prayer. That too is taught when you're a kid. Not being able to do such basics only makes one question why they weren't taught the basics of Islam as a kid...and even if they were, why their parents never focused on Islamic teachings as a kid you learn the basics of everything so as a grown up you could hold on to them. Moreover, Falak never disrespected her mom..she questioned her mom..and had she disrespected her mom, her mom would have never understood what she was going through..instead she would've felt Falak was being irrational and rude..yet, her mom only starts pondering on Falak's words and her own mother's words about what she has done wrong...because not only Falak, her mom too was away from her faith. Falak also never blames her mom for everything..she never does. Questioning is different...and she questioned her mom about something that actually needed to be questioned. In the end, Falak even clears it out to her mother before leaving her home, that it was never her fault..If you saw the last scene btwn her mom & her, it's self explanatory.

And if you're going to talk about Humsafar teaching a lot whereas SeZ only taught you about Falak disrespecting her mom ..well then, I can easily say I found Asher to have disrespected his mother in the end like that. I mean..why would you even question your mom, ever..don't you think? I mean what difference is it if you question your mom the way Falak did..or the way Asher did? in the end they both questioned their mom and I guess disrespected them? of course using your analogy of how Falak disrespected her mom..I would like to say I think Asher disrespected his mom then. Once again, writers & directors try their best to portray a theme..some agree, while some don't. 😊 Going back to this show, then if you didn't learn anything then we can't change that.

About the article however..as mentioned before..In my opinion, it''s poorly written and the emphasis on Falak "disrespecting" her mom constantly within the article is so baffling. Out of all things, the writer only focuses on something mentioned in one or two scenes..and labels the questioning as disrespecting. I still don't understand that. 😆

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: --Nida--

what about Asher who shouted at his mom and insulted her at the end? ...to be honest no amount of Falak misbehaving( which i don't believe she did) can match that one last scene where he humiliated his mother

where were the very same people when sara shouted at her mom ...the examples go on and on but just that these people would never understand

OMGGG NIDAAA..I just saw your post after I posted my post above. And you mentioned the same thing before me already!..Yes, what about Asher SCREAMING at his mother? Sara shouting at her mother? I actually feel Asher insulted his mom..Falak was no where near that.

It's simple..some people don't want to understand the message SeZ provided. I think this show even provided a lesson aside from religion...like not being selfish, self-centered..considering human relationships as perfect etc..yet none of that seems to be satisfying..the only concern is why Falak "disrespected" her mom..yet people learned a whole lot from Humsafar which didn't even have an as strong of a theme like SeZ..Not to mention, the shouting/insults between Asher & Sara and their parents is of no problem. 😆
Edited by starstruckk - 11 years ago
51559 thumbnail
Not at all ! A perfect drama !
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: --Nida--

what about Asher who shouted at his mom and insulted her at the end? ...to be honest no amount of Falak misbehaving( which i don't believe she did) can match that one last scene where he humiliated his mother

where were the very same people when sara shouted at her mom ...the examples go on and on but just that these people would never understand

Ashar did not shout at her! He very politely told her that she did wrong with him! Which she did
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Are we really comparing ashar's mum with falak's? Falak was a lot more rude to her mum even though she did nothing wrong with her!!
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Another very important teaching of Islam is that it is not a wife's duty to serve her husband, and that the husband should be greatful to his wife, however nani paid out falak for not doing household chores!! And then falak feels bad about it later when her husband leaves her, I mean really?? How frikin regressive!!
I think you have no clue what your talking about yourself here...so I wont even bother to argue