Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: _QueenofHearts_

Burt the thing is kids usually look up to their mother as a role model na? If her mother was religious then perhaps Falak would have been like her too

then that means it is nani's fault that falak's mother is not religious!!
cape thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Are you kidding me? The person who wrote this article has either been misguided or don't know what theyre talking about :S

What was wrong with Falaks behaviour towards her mother? When did she misbehave? She never did, infact at the end SHE was the one who brought her mother to the right path.

agreed...and beside she was a lilttle mad just because she wanted to ask her mother ke y did she not teach her anything about islam...thats it...and she was sooo confused and in soo much pain she didnt know what she was doing thats how she got mad at her mother and only complaining y didnt her mother tought anything about islam...THATS IT...
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nkapoor3

then that means it is nani's fault that falak's mother is not religious!!

Naani did teach Mehr Un Nisa religion..
She only changed after marriage.
Nkapoor3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: BlackStar.

Naani did teach Mehr Un Nisa religion..
She only changed after marriage.

yeh so not everything can be blamed on the mother!!! Who knows falak might've married a good person and would have still stayed unreligious but happy, would she still blame her mother for it?!?
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Burt the thing is kids usually look up to their mother as a role model na? If her mother was religious then perhaps Falak would have been like her too

precisely thats why i said Falak is partially to be blamed for .. She could've learned it from Naani if she wanted to.. but she actually dint want to learn..
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
lol, where do I begin...but, let me be blunt and say some people on this forum have a problem with writers projecting Islam in their novels. Not unless you're a Muslim, you will simply not understand the importance of following Islam in a Muslim's life. It's as simple as that.

This article is so poorly written that it's laughable to say the least. You're going to criticize the drama..which is more or less on Falak's changing as a person, yet more than half of the article pinpoints how Falak disrespected her mother. Really? where? She never disrespected her mother, ever..she merely asked her mother why she never taught her the basics to being a Muslim..why she never emphasized any of those basic things right from the word go. And, no her naani is not responsible to teach her, it's her mom & dad. How many of you have learned the basics of religion or anything in life from your parents? I'd say 90% of us..our grandparents, aunts & uncles etc can guide us but we live and grow up with our parents for the most part..what we see & learn from them as a child is what stays with us until we grow up. Lets nbt make it rocket science now because it's plain & simple. Falak's mom was self absorbed after marriage..and that only translated into her daughter being the same as she grew up in the same environment.

Also, I don't think many of us paid attention to the stuff naani said in her dialogues. She said there's a time & place for everything and God decides that. Falak was not going to change because of naani's words..she wasn't going to change & realize the importance of God & Islam in her life until Salman kicked her to the curb. That was the life changing event that made her realize how she wasted time on a person who never loved her and ruined her yrs over him when she could've used time to search for God.. Why? because that is when Allah had planned Falak to go through obstacles only to find something positive out of it - Allah. See, this goes back to what I said initially..you have to understand Islam & its teachings to even get the slightest idea of what Umera's projecting here..otherwise, your going by logic and faith & logic are two separate things.

The drama doesn't tell you that not unless you're a Muslim..you will not be happy, not unless you're a Muslim you're life will always be hell etc etc..No, that's not what the drama teaches you. The drama says, if you're a Muslim..and you follow Islam..that having faith in Allah and going by your religion is important and in time of need, you should seek Allah's guidance..and faith in Allah will lessen the severity of the obstacles and give you hope for the better. I'm a Muslim..and I agree. All the times, I've had to go through an obstacle or felt restless..my faith helped me..it gave me hope. It's about faith. Religions don't go hand in hand with rationality..because faith is something which you can not describe with rationality..either you have faith in religon, God etc or you don't. Umera's drama emphasizes Islam & Allah (God) in this drama..and as a Muslim it's easy to relate..and even if you're from a different religion..I'm sure one could understand that faith keeps you intact and does help you get through hardships by having hope if nothing more.
Edited by starstruckk - 11 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Another thing..the drama just doesn't project Islam..it projects other stuff too which I'm not sure why many have neglected. And, such stuff you could see from a general perspective. The drama also focused on not to be self absorbed/self centered & consider relationships with humans as perfection...because they are not. Once you start considering such stuff as perfection, you will end up being disappointed. It also told us that humans desire weird things, their hearts ask them to do absurd stuff.."dil ajeeb sheh hai, naani" depicts that well. There were many things that this drama showed through that I felt we could connect with as just humans with putting religion to the side. It showed so much actually..and though I had certain problems with certain things in the drama..I can put them to the side because I personally felt the drama taught a lot if you actually understood what the writer & director as a whole were trying to convey.
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
It is the director/writer's duty to make us understand their POV, it is not the viewers duty to go out of the way to understand it! so if some people did not understand the show, then that is a failure in the execution of the story!!
yes I am not a Muslim, but that does not mean I am intolerant to the religion, if that was the case then I would not have watched this show. I watched this show to get in touch with my spiritual side, to see a story of a person and their growth in to a better human being, but I was left dissapointed!! 1st step to being a good human being is to accept all responsibility of one's actions and do not blame loved ones for your own failure, which Falak did not do, and instead kept on telling her mum off for her situation, where else talked perfectly well with Salman who was actually responsible in ruining her life, it was not like Allah gave Salman to her as a punishment!!??
To be honest, shows like humsafar evoked much more of a philosophical and spiritual side of me! Through the character of Khirad I learnt the value of honesty, through Ashar I learnt how to be restrained and how to always be respectful towards parents, however Shehr-e-zaat has not been able to teach me anything!
Edited by Nkapoor3 - 11 years ago
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
starstruckk, i was actually waiting for your reply because your posts have great analysis.. 😆
You just summed up everything so well.
Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
what about Asher who shouted at his mom and insulted her at the end? ...to be honest no amount of Falak misbehaving( which i don't believe she did) can match that one last scene where he humiliated his mother
where were the very same people when sara shouted at her mom ...the examples go on and on but just that these people would never understand