Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Nkapoor3

but I don't understand why falak got all religious after her husbands affair, and why did she blame her materialistc ways for breaking her marriage?

insan Allha ko jab yaad kerta hai jab woh mushkil main hota hai, before that we dont even thank Allah properly...and Allah is all forgiving, he does not care when you call to him as long as you do......she didnt blame her materialistic life for breaking up the marriage,rather she realized how consumed she was with all these wordly things, in the end it will not matter to anyone...she looks at her servants differently, the same servants who she used to yell at if they took a few minutes extra to turn on the generator...she starts to look at life and its meaning...she realizes that if she had spent more time worshipping god then worshipping salman then her life would have peace...isnt that the basic belief of islam , to prepare yourself for the hereafter...this life is fani...it will end...thats what i think the message was.

Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: happyviewer

insan Allha ko jab yaad kerta hai jab woh mushkil main hota hai, before that we dont even thank Allah properly...and Allah is all forgiving, he does not care when you call to him as long as you do......she didnt blame her materialistic life for breaking up the marriage,rather she realized how consumed she was with all these wordly things, in the end it will not matter to anyone...she looks at her servants differently, the same servants who she used to yell at if they took a few minutes extra to turn on the generator...she starts to look at life and its meaning...she realizes that if she had spent more time worshipping god then worshipping salman then her life would have peace...isnt that the basic belief of islam , to prepare yourself for the hereafter...this life is fani...it will end...thats what i think the message was.

look I do understand what the show was trying to show, but I do feel that the show could be much better made, some things were very annoying
Edited by Nkapoor3 - 11 years ago
Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
The article is written in a bad light ...i am sure they don't even know the basics of Islam and use some teachings without even understanding Islam ...and they clearly missed the point
This world is a test for human beings believers or non-believers but whatever you sow in this world you will reap in hereafter ...this in no way means that if you are a muslim you will not have to go through Azmaish ...some people who believe in God but after Azmaish they may go away from him , they have then failed the test as Acha bura waqt both are test from Allah and how you deal with them will be your result in hereafter.
Some people get Hidayat from Allah in this world and they are truly blessed ...it gives you peace and steadfastness as you realize that you will not live on forever and should prepare for the hereafter
Duniya fani hai
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: --Nida--

The article is written in a bad light ...i am sure they don't even know the basics of Islam and use some teachings without even understanding Islam ...and they clearly missed the point

This world is a test for human beings believers or non-believers but whatever you sow in this world you will reap in hereafter ...this in no way means that if you are a muslim you will not have to go through Azmaish ...some people who believe in God but after Azmaish they may go away from him , they have then failed the test as Acha bura waqt both are test from Allah and how you deal with them will be your result in hereafter.
Some people get Hidayat from Allah in this world and they are truly blessed ...it gives you peace and steadfastness as you realize that you will not live on forever and should prepare for the hereafter
Duniya fani hai

yes they might've missed the point, but then can't u attribute that to bad story telling?
Edited by Nkapoor3 - 11 years ago
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
to be very honest i somewhat agree with Nkapoor that the message which the members here are conveying was not exactly which was conveyed in drama. I have read the novel and i just loved it but at the same time i 'm really disappointed how it has been dramatized. It could be me only. The only time when i've been disappointed by Umera Ahmad..
Theres enough people here to argue my point so ill just keep quiet! :P
-Lostindreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Wht a wierd article. I thought this drama told very well abt how ppl love materials rather than loving Allah. PPl think they have evry thing, yet there is something missing.

I did not think at all there was something wrong wth falak, her behaviour to her mother.
The feeling of not having learned the most important thing in the world and realising it whn evrything is falling apart, where your own mom is to be blamed is so painful.
I cud just feel the anger towards her mother/confusion in Falak whn evr she realised something.
Also at the time Falak was angry at mother, she was just beginning to become religious, how come the writer of the article didn't realise the peaceful Falak after she became religous and then her behaviour towards her mother, also showing her the right path.
honey.b thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Some one tell me the purpose of showing that black taweez in last few episodes right after Falak finds that taweez Tabinda is shown gone from the story and Falak had flash backs of it too when she washing her face but why didnt they explain it ? ? ?? If they are trying to show black magic then they have defeated the whole purpose of the show.
honey.b thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

The point is that Falak blamed everything on her mother go listen to the dialogues even in the last episode when shes leaving her mothers house on her own will to go to her husbands she again taunts her mom that her life couldve been different if not for her mother Excuse me Can you please stop blaming your mom for everything and seriously even after her choosing to forgive the guy and return to him that taunt wasnt needed! Your mother didnt make you arrogant neither did she teach you to worship idols. Falak couldnt even make her husband love him now is that her mothers fault as well? Her mother didnt teach her to obsess with a person to the lengths of insanity she herself did.

Okay so I found this article which relates to Falak's situation and I'm gonna post a part of it here, NOT TO OFFEND ANYONE WHO ISN'T A MUSLIM, but just so that you can understand why Falak did what she did, in Islamic perspective. Don't take any offence please.

Most people could sympathize with the pain of these people, and most would be heartbroken in the same position. But if having a child or a particular person in our life is our reason for being, something is terribly wrong. If something finite, temporary and fading becomes the center of our life, the raison d'etre (reason for existing), we will surely break. The imperfect object that we place at our center will'by definition'fade, let us down, or pass away. And our break will occur as soon as it does. What happens if, while climbing a mountain, you hang on to a twig to hold all your weight? Laws of physics tell us that the twig, which was never created to carry such weight, will break. Laws of gravity tell us that it is then that you will most certainly fall. This is not a theory. It is a certainty of the physical world. This reality is also a certainty of the spiritual world, and we are told of this truth in the Qur'an. Allah says:

"People, here is an illustration, so listen carefully: those you call on beside God could not, even if they combined all their forces, create a fly, and if a fly took something away from them, they would not be able to retrieve it. How feeble are the petitioners and how feeble are those they petition!" (22:73)

The message of this ayah (verse) is deeply profound. Every time you run after, seek, or petition something weak or feeble (which, by definition, is everything other than Allah), you too become weak or feeble. Even if you do reach that which you seek, it will never be enough. You will soon need to seek something else. You will never reach true contentment or satisfaction. That is why we live in a world of trade-ins and upgrades. Your phone, your car, your computer, your woman, your man, can always be traded in for a newer, better model.

But there is a freedom from that slavery. When the object upon which you place all your weight is unshaking, unbreakable, and unending, you cannot fall. You cannot break. Allah explains this truth to us in the Qur'an when He says:

"There is no compulsion in religion: true guidance has become distinct from error, so whoever rejects false gods and believes in God has grasped the firmest hand-hold, one that will never break. God is all hearing and all knowing." (2:256)

When what you hold on to is strong, you too become strong, and with that strength comes the truest freedom. It is of that freedom that Ibn Taymiyyah, may Allah have mercy on him, said: "What can my enemies do to me? I have in my breast both my heaven and my garden. If I travel they are with me, never leaving me. Imprisonment for me is a chance to be alone with my Lord. To be killed is martyrdom and to be exiled from my land is a spiritual journey." (Ibn al-Qayyim,al-Wabil, p.69)

By making the one without flaw, end, or weakness the only object of his worship, Ibn Taymiyyah described an escape from the prison of this life. He described a believer whose heart is free. It is a heart free of the shackles of servitude to this life and everything in it. It is a heart that understands that the only true tragedy is the compromise of tawheed (the doctrine of the Oneness of God), that the only insurmountable affliction is the worship of anyone or anything other than the One worthy of worship. It is a heart that understands that the only true prison is the prison of replacing something with God. Whether that object is one's own desires, nafs (ego), wealth, job, spouse, children, or the love of one's life, that false deity will entrap and enslave you if you make it ultimate. The pain of that bondage will be greater, deeper, and longer lasting than any other pain which could be inflicted by all the tragedies of this life.

The experience of Prophet Yunus 'alayhi sallatu wa sallam (may Allah send his peace and blessings upon him) is so crucial to internalize. When he was trapped in the belly of the whale, he had only one way out: turning completely to Allah, realizing Allah's oneness and his own human frailty. His du'a' encapsulates this truth in such a profound way: "There is no God but You, glory be to You, I was wrong." (Qur'an, 21:87)

Many of us are also trapped inside the belly of the whale of our own desires and objects of worship. It is our own selves which we become enslaved to. And that imprisonment is the result of putting anything where only God should be in our hearts. In so doing we create the worst and most painful of prisons; because while a worldly prison can only take away what is temporary and inherently imperfect, this spiritual prison takes away what is ultimate, unending and perfect: Allah and our relationship to Him.

Edited by _QueenofHearts_ - 11 years ago