Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
I do not agree with Ur thinking, and I am not sure if Islam endorses what u r saying

Originally posted by: _QueenofHearts_

If you look at it islamically, from what I have read, a husbands job is to go out and earn enough so he can support his wife and kids and get the resources needed to run the house. A wifes responsibility is to take care of her family and house. A wife isnt even supposed to work outside UNLESS her husband needs her support. Thats what their duties are and men and women have been made for different responsibilities although they can help each other, such as a man can help his wife with the chores and she can help him earn money. I dont think there is anything wrong with this. Its fair for both of them. What they showed in this drama was that Falak was too busy engrossed in herself that she was ignoring her responsibilities, I dont think Salman ignored his responsibilities in his marriage ever, the only mistake he made was cheating on her. It is very hard to make a marriage work when one of them is neglecting their duties towards the other. Didnt you see how Tabinda was handling the house when she came in? Did Falak ever do that? I hope you understand what I mean.😊

Meeph thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Our Holy Prophet(S) always helped his wife with the household chores but that doesnt means that his wives didn't do ANY WORK.
Its good to do ur work urself but if ur wife is doing it for you,there is NO HARM and <----- This is not regressive.
Nkapoor3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MeephRun

Our Holy Prophet(S) always helped his wife with the household chores but that doesnt means that his wives didn't do ANY WORK.

Its good to do ur work urself but if ur wife is doing it for you,there is NO HARM and <----- This is not regressive.

yeh so I dont see the reason for nani's scolding or falak's guilt
Edited by Nkapoor3 - 11 years ago
winter.03 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Nkapoor3

yeh so I dont see the reason for nani's scolding or falak's guilt

She was not scolding falak, she was rather advising her, offering her an elderly perspective. And Falak, if you see her character, she is this self obsessed person, her life revolves around herself. And practicality of life is bend or completely break. Nothing will be achieved by being rigid. Nani was offering her some solitude towards improving her marital life. If Falak had been a working women, than things could have been looked at different. But all she did was go out and shop, there is bound to be problems. Any husband, in real, will start to act indifferent. And that is the reality of life.

You know i find it odd that you find managing a home, a regressive job. Its just our historical social construction has been made such that wearing the label of a ''housewife'' has become a shunned stigma in recent times. And that was back in the time, when women weren't allowed to do anything. Their only role was to wed, breed child and then raise them. You cannot be comparing the regimes of the past, to those today. Its completely baseless. Infact, having someone manage a household is an effective way to save money and make money.

Just because a woman is or works at home, it does not mean she is backward in her thinking. Actually it is those, who think such belong to the backward thinking. Any role, any job, is as equivalent to that of a wife. Just because we have grown so accustomed to gaining equivalence to men, it shouldn't degrade a role of a wife. It is an important one. And you will learn the importance, when you become one.

Edited by throughmirrors - 11 years ago
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
You have totally missed my point! I never said being a housewife is wrong! Being shunned for not being one is!

Originally posted by: throughmirrors

She was not scolding falak, she was rather advising her, offering her an elderly perspective. And Falak, if you see her character, she is this self obsessed person, her life revolves around herself. And practicality of life is bend or completely break. Nothing will be achieved by being rigid. Nani was offering her some solitude towards improving her marital life. If Falak had been a working women, than things could have been looked at different. But all she did was go out and shop, there is bound to be problems. Any husband, in real, will start to act indifferent. And that is the reality of life.

You know i find it odd that you find managing a home, a regressive job. Its just our historical social construction has been made such that wearing the label of a ''housewife'' has become a shunned stigma in recent times. And that was back in the time, when women weren't allowed to do anything. Their only role was to wed, breed child and then raise them. You cannot be comparing the regimes of the past, to those today. Its completely baseless. Infact, having someone manage a household is an effective way to save money and make money.

Just because a woman is or works at home, it does not mean she is backward in her thinking. Actually it is those, who think such belong to the backward thinking. Any role, any job, is as equivalent to that of a wife. Just because we have grown so accustomed to gaining equivalence to men, it shouldn't degrade a role of a wife. It is an important one. And you will learn the importance, when you become one.

winter.03 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
^^ You missed my point also. Instead of looking at it, that why is falak shunned for not conforming to the role of a wife. Why can't we question, why didn't she take on her wife role? Her life revolved around shopping and going out. Hello, she is married now? If she could not take up the responsibility, why did she marry him? And it wasn't until he started moving away from her, did she wake up from her dream. You simply cannot say, she did not have it coming. A marriage is a two way street, why shouldn't Falak work towards maintaining her home, and her relation with her husband? When he is going out and working to place food on the table. Its like saying, i am going to jump off this cliff, and not fall. Well obviously you are going to fall!! Falak isn't shunned, she is being shown the truth by nani's word. The simple truth.

xpakigirlx thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
its a responsibility of a woman dude...like men"s is to provide food shelter clothing etc...every person has a reponsibility and so does a wife..and a husband would love her wife for doing his work...these things build a relationship...and if according to u is not this way then tell meh what is the resonsibility of a women toward his husband...??...just to give long list of shopping..??..
saher_90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
I requested the members of this topic not to discuss/Involve Religion in any way..I see members are still discussing n accusing eachother, Therefore, Im CLOSING the topic.!!!

Topic Closed.
PSF DT.