Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: MeephRun

Not only in Quran,even in Bible its stated how a wife has duties towards her husband and vice versa.
Falak was so engrossed in her makeup and to look good for Salman,that she wasnt fulfilling her duties.

Getting dressed up 4 ur husband is nice and sweet and preferred in our religion but it doesnt means u ignore ur other responsibilities towards ur husband.

I dont exactly understand what u r confused about.
Go ahead,m all ears.

so that excuses Salman's arrogance and behaviour!??? I suppose all the duties are of women, a man has the right to have an extra marital affair if the woman does not do household chores!? Wow!! The height of regressiveness!!!!!!!!!!
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Nkapoor3

so that excuses Salman's arrogance and behaviour!??? I suppose all the duties are of women, a man has the right to have an extra marital affair if the woman does not do household chores!? Wow!! The height of regressiveness!!!!!!!!!!

A man's duty is to treat his wife LIKE A FLOWER! Do you know how delicate a flower is? He has to see his wife as a FLOWER, nourish her, take care of her, fulfill her needs and necessities, protect her, cherish her because she is the one who makes his house a HOME! a HOME! Something that people go at the end of the day! Home is the most priceless thing in the world and a WIFE makes it! That's a man's duty in marriage! What Salman did was WRONG! Because he hurt someone so harshly, someone who was to be treated as a flower. Falak may have forgiven him, the world may have forgiven him, heck! He could've thought that he was clear of everything but did Allah forgive him? That, my dear, only Allah knows. We can judge and fume and what not but when Allah decides to show His judgement, it happens to fast that no one even knows what happened to them.

The most tragic thing in the world is that men FORGET their duties.! Don't blame Islam, blame the men who have tweaked Islam to only favor themselves and torture women in the name of Islam.

You are talking about being regressive? Well, here's the deal. A woman has EVER RIGHT to file for a divorce on the basis of not liking her husband's FACE! See! just the face! We are not talking about character but the face. If her husband's face displeases her, she can file for divorce! Please, no one respects women like Islam does. Don't judge Islam by how people are following it, judge it by itself. Study it to know it. Don't point fingers just by watching a DRAMA! It's fiction!

Regarding Falak vs. Asher. Falak was written by Umera Ahmed, Asher by Farhat Ishtiyaq. You can't compare two people from different worlds and judge who is better or who is right. When writers change, everything changes.
Nkapoor3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mais

A man's duty is to treat his wife LIKE A FLOWER! Do you know how delicate a flower is? He has to see his wife as a FLOWER, nourish her, take care of her, fulfill her needs and necessities, protect her, cherish her because she is the one who makes his house a HOME! a HOME! Something that people go at the end of the day! Home is the most priceless thing in the world and a WIFE makes it! That's a man's duty in marriage! What Salman did was WRONG! Because he hurt someone so harshly, someone who was to be treated as a flower. Falak may have forgiven him, the world may have forgiven him, heck! He could've thought that he was clear of everything but did Allah forgive him? That, my dear, only Allah knows. We can judge and fume and what not but when Allah decides to show His judgement, it happens to fast that no one even knows what happened to them.

The most tragic thing in the world is that men FORGET their duties.! Don't blame Islam, blame the men who have tweaked Islam to only favor themselves and torture women in the name of Islam.

You are talking about being regressive? Well, here's the deal. A woman has EVER RIGHT to file for a divorce on the basis of not liking her husband's FACE! See! just the face! We are not talking about character but the face. If her husband's face displeases her, she can file for divorce! Please, no one respects women like Islam does. Don't judge Islam by how people are following it, judge it by itself. Study it to know it. Don't point fingers just by watching a DRAMA! It's fiction!

Regarding Falak vs. Asher. Falak was written by Umera Ahmed, Asher by Farhat Ishtiyaq. You can't compare two people from different worlds and judge who is better or who is right. When writers change, everything changes.

that is what I am saying, I am saying that the drama did not portray Islam properly
Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
In all of this why is everyone over looking the fact that Salman was also betrayed by Tabinda ...what he did to Falak he got it back...he loved Tabinda and did everything for her but in turn she aborted his child, ran away taking money and all...wasn't it like a slap on Salman's face that he had to go back to Falak and ask for forgiveness and beg her to come back to him.
Besides Salman lost his position in Falak's heart...she did not care if she was living with Salman or not ...she only forgave him because of the fact that if Allah can forgive us human's on such grave mistakes than why can't we as humans forgive each other
Also whether Salman was forgiven by Allah or not will be decided on the day of judgement since he was unable to do justice with his wife and was unable to fulfil his responsibilty.
Although Falak was never an ideal person initially but the change in her personality may please Allah ...as whatever she did was to please him and not any other person
The charity she did, the pain she felt for the poor, Namaz she prayed and Quran she read, forgave her mother for not teaching basics of her faith and forgave Salman inspite of how he treated her all shows the great change in her
All of these are things that Islam projects ...i think the drama showed all these things very clearly and beautifully
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
The general storyline was ok, the execution was not, I don't understand why nani bags falak out because she does not do household chores, both men and womn should contribute in them, and I really do not understand why falak felt guilty about her broken marriage, why she felt that it was all her fault, and why she felt that it is because she could not make a proper home, Salman was also very arrogant and did not respect falak, she could have easily justified having an affair herself!!!

And what has that got to do with shehr e zaat? :S
Nkapoor3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: _QueenofHearts_

And what has that got to do with shehr e zaat? :S

I think the point was that Islam and culture is being mixed in this show
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: --Nida--

In all of this why is everyone over looking the fact that Salman was also betrayed by Tabinda ...what he did to Falak he got it back...he loved Tabinda and did everything for her but in turn she aborted his child, ran away taking money and all...wasn't it like a slap on Salman's face that he had to go back to Falak and ask for forgiveness and beg her to come back to him.

Besides Salman lost his position in Falak's heart...she did not care if she was living with Salman or not ...she only forgave him because of the fact that if Allah can forgive us human's on such grave mistakes than why can't we as humans forgive each other
Also whether Salman was forgiven by Allah or not will be decided on the day of judgement since he was unable to do justice with his wife and was unable to fulfil his responsibilty.
Although Falak was never an ideal person initially but the change in her personality may please Allah ...as whatever she did was to please him and not any other person
The charity she did, the pain she felt for the poor, Namaz she prayed and Quran she read, forgave her mother for not teaching basics of her faith and forgave Salman inspite of how he treated her all shows the great change in her
All of these are things that Islam projects ...i think the drama showed all these things very clearly and beautifully

great post & what a valid point. Why aren't we focusing on how Salman was betrayed by a woman in the end? ..it shows so much..with one being that Salman got what we deserved as he was horrible to Falak. & I'm not too sure why people keep neglecting the part about Falak forgiving Salman only because Allah forgives those who forgives others. Here's a girl, Falak who is asking Allah for forgiveness & guidance etc..yet she as a human can't forgive another human? People need to put everything perspective.

This thread is just a never ending saga. Points are brought up time after time with every other post..yet they're being ignored.

Nkapoor3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

great post & what a valid point. Why aren't we focusing on how Salman was betrayed by a woman in the end? ..it shows so much..with one being that Salman got what we deserved as he was horrible to Falak. & I'm not too sure why people keep neglecting the part about Falak forgiving Salman only because Allah forgives those who forgives others. Here's a girl, Falak who is asking Allah for forgiveness & guidance etc..yet she as a human can't forgive another human? People need to put everything perspective.

This thread is just a never ending saga. Points are brought up time after time with every other post..yet they're being ignored.

because the story was not executed well
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
naani's character is annoying...
drama is regressive...
drama doesn't depict Islam well..
I don't seem to understand Islam, does it oppress women? hmm...
women portrayed badly within the drama..
drama not executed well..
...but story is ok..

*YAWNSSS* 🥱