Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
^ It's a public forum and anyone can comment & besides I wasn't talking to you.
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: starstruckk

^ It's a public forum and anyone can comment & besides I wasn't talking to you.

yeh but u were talking about me, so please don't
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nkapoor3

what are the limitations of Islam for women??

it will take forever to explain this, so i give you this link...this will answer a lot of your misconceptions and will make you understand islam much better...also i would like my muslim sisters to also have a look...you should know how Allah SWT has made you equal to men.😊

http://womeninislam.ws/en/women-right-islam_equality-men-women.aspx#basic_humanity
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

What Is the Status of Women in Islam?

Islam sees a woman, whether single or married, as an individual in her own right,with the right to own and dispose of her property and earnings without any guardianship over her (whether that be her father, husband, or anyone else). She has the right to buy and sell, give gifts and charity, and may spend her money as she pleases. A marriage dowry is given by the groom to the bride for her own personal use, and she keeps her own family name rather than taking her husband's.

Islam encourages the husband to treat his wife well, as the Prophet Muhammad said: {The best among you are those who are best to their wives.}1

Mothers in Islam are highly honored. Islam recommends treating them in the best way. A man came to the Prophet Muhammad and said, "O Messenger of God! Who among the people is the most worthy of my good companionship?" The Prophet said: {Your mother.} The man said, "Then who?" The Prophet said: {Then your mother.} The man further asked, "Then who?" The Prophet said: {Then your mother.} The man asked again, "Then who?" The Prophet said: {Then your father.}2

anonymous93 thumbnail

yeh but u were talking about me, so please don't

I have got to ask you this.
What is ur mental age?
4 6 or 7??

Meeph thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Another very important teaching of Islam is that it is not a wife's duty to serve her husband, and that the husband should be greatful to his wife, however nani paid out falak for not doing household chores!! And then falak feels bad about it later when her husband leaves her, I mean really?? How frikin regressive!!

Not only in Quran,even in Bible its stated how a wife has duties towards her husband and vice versa.
Falak was so engrossed in her makeup and to look good for Salman,that she wasnt fulfilling her duties.

Getting dressed up 4 ur husband is nice and sweet and preferred in our religion but it doesnt means u ignore ur other responsibilities towards ur husband.

I dont exactly understand what u r confused about.
Go ahead,m all ears.
Meeph thumbnail
Ashar did not shout at her! He very politely told her that she did wrong with him! Which she did

He said 'Aggar hareem meri beti nahi tou iska kya saboot hai ke mein ___ hussain ka beta ho'

Do u understand what this means?🤢

Falak said something like 'Mummy,aap ne mujhe Allah ke baarey mein kuon nahi sikhaaya...'

If u think Asher was polite,then my dear Falak coudnt have been nicer

Edited by MeephRun - 11 years ago
Meeph thumbnail

Falak was a lot more rude to her mum even though she did nothing wrong with her!!

So what?
Okay,so this girl Falak was going through a transition.
Even if she was rude to her mum,thats okay...
No big deal.
She was frustrated,she was annoyed and helpless.
Lets take a general situation...
Lets assume u lost ur wallet,ur looking for it since last 3 days and later u find out that ur mom kept it in ur drawer.Wont u be angry and frustrated????

Falak's mom failed to guide her daughter,thats way more big of a deal then the above mentioned scenario.She dint teach her what every MUSLIM child should be taught.She had every right to question er mom and in the process,if she was 'RUDE'...makes perfect sense to me.
Cut Falak some slack,she was a human,not some angel.She forgave her mom in the end,thats what imp.
Meeph thumbnail

She only changed after marriage.yeh so not everything can be blamed on the mother!!! Who knows falak might've married a good person and would have still stayed unreligious but happy, would she still blame her mother for it?!?

If she would have stayed unreligious and happy,she would blame nobody because she would be living in her same old lalala land.

[Talking in regards of drama]
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
To add Islam also seeks to balance things out, it is against the cultural dictate we're stuck in, for example the roleplay of an ideal Bahu serving her husband's parents, Islam says that it is NOT the wife's duty to serve her husbands parents after marriage, that's her husbands job not her's, unless she does it out of her own will then that's alright, if she wants a seperate home away from her in-laws, it's the husbands duty to oblige and fulfill her demand