Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-JollyJabeen- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
😳Tash!!! 🤗
Firstly i'm SOOO sorry for such a late comment!!! My lappy broke and i was unable to comment for so long on your fic but i must say one thing, Your FIC is so amazing and addictive that i would constantly use the lappys in my sixth form without signing in just to read your updates and i would jump with absolute joy when i saw you update! It's a absolute pleasure of being a reader of your wonderful FF and it's just beautiful. The Diwali update, just everything was perfect and beautiful! You deserve so much praise for your hard work and lovely writing that is always a pleasure to read!!! 😳 Please do update soon, Will eagerly be awaiting your next update. Reading this FIC reminds me of the golden moments in Iss Pyaar! 😭
reallyhappy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
intezzaar ka fal meeetha hoga na..:P
Riima_Azraa thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
it has been 289 hours 58 minutes and 57 seconds since the last update!!!
Edited by Riima_Azraa - 11 years ago
LyssaPie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
It's okay, we shall wait hehe :D
yush-swt thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
this is extremely cute...and loved it soo much...will be waiting for your next update😊
sadhnasoumya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
it's monday dear😕
when are you gonna update?
waiting🤔
tash10 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

That unknown feeling of defeat had never found its presence ever before but today Khushi for the first time had a glimpse of what it meant to be controlled by another person. Rushing from left to right, from top to bottom, she was compelled to do all those things that she had never imagined to do one day. Lavanya's bag in one hand and her ordered cup of coffee in another, Khushi was following her like a shadow, waiting for her commands one after the other to fulfil. Carrying her books, responding to her every demand, booking a table for a date with Arnav … she had become Lavanya's puppet, and all that for a stupid challenge that Arnav had won.

"No, this can't be possible" Khushi woke up with a jolt, breaking the dream, more precisely the nightmare.

Rubbing her eyes and looking around her, Khushi heaved a sigh of relief when she realised she was in her bedroom. She patted the back of her head, condemning herself for all that she had just dreamt of. This would clearly be the worst case scenario to find herself dancing to Lavanya's tunes only to satisfy Arnav's challenge. The word CHALLENGE had not left Khushi since the eve; she had thought of every possible challenge that Arnav could impose to her and there was that persistent restlessness that Arnav would ask her to do something related to Lavanya.

"Simple, I will not go to university today! Yes, this would be right! What if all what happened in my dream turns out to be reality! No way! But then if I don't go, Arnav will think I am a coward and I will have to accept defeat. Again I will see that stupid smirk that he does" Khushi murmured to herself "But he has such a cute smile, and that winning expression on his face is to die for … his sweet brown eyes, his soft husky voice! What am I talking of! Khushi, focus!"

"Lavanya, we need to talk" Arnav told, as soon as he reached the university premises, prepared to listen to his heart and finally accept his misunderstandings about what he thought was love. He was ready to bury that chapter of his life.

"I know what you want to say ASR" Lavanya replied, having already sensed what was coming. In fact, she had already mentally prepared herself to face that and she had now even found a friend towards which she could turn to after her final discussion with Arnav. Someone who would really love her and someone whose presence she had started to appreciate.

Covering her head with a scarf and a pair of shades gracing her eyes, Khushi tried to make herself invisible from Arnav whom she had spotted a few distances away. She walked straight, hoping hard that Arnav would not even see her but no way could Khushi in whichever form she would take appear unnoticed by Arnav.

"Khushi" Arnav called out, causing Khushi to stand still, "Where are you going in this attire?

"It's a bit too sunny today, that's why I am protecting myself…protecting myself from the sun" Khushi retorted, slowly removing her scarf and her shades.

"Are you sure you are not protecting yourself from something else?" Arnav teased, inwardly smiling at what he was seeing.

"Ermm, we have class! Shall we go?" Khushi said.

Lowering her gaze, Khushi clutched onto her salwar, and made baby steps towards class, while silently praying that Arnav forgets all about the challenge. But Arnav forgetting about it would be like a miracle, which obviously was no way going to happen. Khushi suddenly stopped, much against her will, as she felt her dupatta being stuck against her neck. Peeping behind her, she opened her eyes wide at the sight of Arnav grabbing the end of her dupatta in his fist and slowly pulling it and at the same time her towards him.

"What are you doing?" Khushi asked, her voice signalling anxiousness.

"Just trying to refresh your mind about the fact that I won the challenge and that now you need to do what I ask you to" Arnav pulled Khushi closer to him.

"I did not forget" Khushi mumbled, nervousness getting the better of her, unable to break free from Arnav's grip over her dupatta.

"Really? So you will do what I ask you to?" Arnav murmured to Khushi who was only one foot away.

"Hmm" Khushi answered, tilting her face to the other side, and mustering courage, added "But don't think that because of this, you will take advantage and have me following Lavanya like her puppet. I am ready to anything, except carrying her books, holding her bag and I don't know what more"

"What?" Arnav raised his eyebrows, trying hard to refrain from bursting out of laughter, "You do know that you are a unique piece, right Khushi?"

"Yes but don't try to buy me with such talks! A big No to Lavanya" Khushi let out.

"Lavanya…Lavanya…why are you bringing her here?" Arnav asked.

Khushi was about to reply but her mouth hung open with no words flowing out as she felt Arnav dangerously approaching her, together with his lightly warm breaths that he was propelling against her soft skin. Bringing her hand to her heart which she tried to control as a result of the festive hustle and bustle swarming through within her, she finally closed her eyes as Arnav bridged the gap and left a kiss on her cheek.

Arnav slowly moved away from the region where he had just left a peck, region which had reached the peak of the red colour with Khushi blushing like anyone would breathe. With a small smile of victory plastered all over his face, he in turn touched his heart which had only one name written: Khushi. He stared at that girl in front of him who had instinctively touched her cheek, biting her lips out of nervousness and refusing to meet his gaze. Crossing his arms, he leaned against the pillar as he witnessed a different Khushi trying to overcome what had just happened. How could he not fall in love with such a girl? He finally knew what love was.

As if Khushi had not gone through much, Arnav once again approached her and murmured into her ears:

"Will you be able to fulfil this challenge with success?" Arnav pointed to his cheek.

Taking shallow breaths, Khushi ran away from Arnav while glancing at him and observing that smirk which sent her even more shivers down her spine. As soon as she reached class, Khushi sat in her seat, with her heart still running a marathon and she found herself unknowingly smiling. She replayed that moment millions times in her mind and each time she felt that feeling which was the strongest of all the feelings that she ever experienced. Burying her face into her hands, she tried to understand what was going on until NK came and only added to her worries.

"Chuma…chuma…de de" NK started singing at low voice, causing Khushi's hand to fly to her cheek.

"Nanhe, why are you singing this?" Khushi asked him, only reminding her further of the kiss.

"My voice, my wish, my song" NK replied, huffing, leaving Khushi even more troubled as she saw Arnav staring at her, with that characteristic smirk still present.

"I think that Khushi looks troubled today … maybe it's just the fact that she is accepting that she lost a challenge" Arnav winked at Khushi, while a confused NK preferred to stay out from their conversation and think about his new-found interest.

"And may I know when I said that I accepted defeated? Khushi Kumari Gupta is not a loser!" Khushi bluntly retorted, her hands on her hips and glaring at the one who had just questioned her.

"So just prove it" Arnav slyly smiled, thoroughly enjoying teasing her.

"Hmph" Khushi let out, drowning in her own turmoil about willing to win the challenge but also coming face to face with her budding feelings which had by now reached the crescendo.

As soon as the lecture ended, Khushi rushed home, with her mind replaying that cheek kiss on a continuous basis. She thought she needed time: it was just a simple silly challenge that she could win at a snap of the finger but she also knew that it was more than a challenge. It was clearly something bigger and larger – it was like a lifetime decision.

Home was her heaven and Rahul completed it whenever he was back from school. While she was distraught in her thoughts mounting freshly cooked jalebis in the kitchen, Rahul pleaded for some minutes to play together. Few minutes later, Khushi was blindfolded and her arms were extended in an attempt to reach Rahul who was running around the house trying his level best not to get caught by her. When the sound of footsteps indicated a presence around her, Khushi immediately ran forward and grabbed him in a tight hug.

"Hey Devi Maiyya" Khushi let out, immediately sensing something was amiss. "Rahul, tell me that you are standing on a stool right now, that's why you are longer than usual!"

Hearing a child laughter from afar, Khushi instantly realised her blunder and retracted her hands. Slowly removing her blindfold which had kept her eyes closed, she recited all possible prayers to make sure that who she was imagining to be in front of her turned out to be someone else. Opening the left eye first, she closed it within seconds, hoping it to be just a bad dream and repeated the act with her right eye.

"Arnav" Rahul shouted as he rushed towards his friend, finally proving to Khushi that Arnav was truly there.

"Hey champ!" Arnav said as he patted Rahul's hand and bumped his fist against his, as their friendship hand gesture.

"What are you doing here?" Khushi almost shouted.

"Arnav beta, come inside" Garima said when she noticed Arnav standing at the threshold.

"No aunty, it's okay! I just came to personally invite you all home today. Di wanted to meet you, so she invited you for dinner, and please do come. We all will be very happy" Arnav expressed to make Garima comfortable, before glancing at Khushi "You will come right?"

"If you insist, then yes we will" Garima answered, although sceptical about the idea but Arnav had successfully managed to convince her.

"So I will see you all tonight. Bye" Arnav said, resulting in Garima to immediately rush towards the kitchen to prepare something to bring to the Raizadas.

"So many jalebis?" Arnav said, looking at the pile of jalebis that Khushi had made.

"Momsy Buddy always makes loads whenever she is worried or something bothers her" Rahul said before joining his nani in the kitchen.

"You don't seem to be okay! Khushi, the challenge is still on or you would call it quits?" Arnav suddenly said, causing Khushi to almost burst out with pressure.

"How can you be so…so…" Khushi said, trying to find the proper word to characterise Arnav's meanness.

"Because I am me. Simple." Arnav let out, before adding "Khushi, look there Rahul!"

"Where? Rahul is not here!" Khushi's eyes looked for him.

As soon as Khushi turned to the other side, Arnav seized the opportunity and kissed her other cheek, sending the biggest jolt ever to Khushi whose mouth had turned to an O shape.

"Two things! I thought that this cheek might get jealous since the other one was receiving more attention today, and second it's just a reminder as to what the challenge is. See you tonight Khushi Kumari Gupta" Arnav let out, smiling at her like never before.

And this left Khushi even more confused … it was no longer a game that Arnav was playing, it was a spontaneous feeling that provided her with immense happiness despite her trying to deny it. Khushi finally realised that she was harbouring something very precious inside her heart for Arnav.

Chapter 15: Dinner at the Raizadas
Will update the next chapter this week itself, maybe Wednesday! Frequent updates now, promise 😳

As always, press the like button and leave your comments 🤗

crizal thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
yipee me first
other cheek getting more attention 🤣
loved d update😃
Edited by crizal - 11 years ago
noclapsplease thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
EDIT

Oh god !! the last two lines were so cute .. how can Arnav be so cute ?? Kudos to the writer YOU ROCK BABY 👏👏

the other cheek might get jealous WOW!!

Okay so the challenge is actually to kiss Arnav !1 Khushi will definitely rock it 😉

Nk was as usual so adorable and had a perfect timing 😛 Dinner at the raizada's is awaited 😳

Awesome update girl 🤗
Edited by aaliyahassan - 11 years ago
Glimmer thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
That was such an adorable update !!!!!
The kisss on the cheek !!!!!!! Loved the whole scene !!!!
Dinner at raizadas !!!!!!
And he even kissed the other cheek !!!! ❤️
Can't wait to read the next chapter !!!!!! Plxx update soon !!!