YaSha0512 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
please update soon

can't wait to read chapter 13

Mxk3444 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Aww the relationship between Arnav and Rahul is adorable ! I can't wait to see how Arnav pataos khushi thanks for the update :)
saavan_lover thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Love this Fic <3 Eagerly waiting for the next update :)
Anupama. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Hello hi bye bye! Updatewa?
How are you now?
Whats your name? Tash...?
Iqraimran thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
love this FF
just read
it is one of awesome piece i ever read
tash10 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Only five minutes had elapsed but it seemed that Arnav had already become part of her family. Khushi could not help herself from rubbing her eyes each time she saw how close Arnav and Rahul were, as if they had known each other since ages. What irritated her to such a great extent was the fact that both seemed to ignore her in their boyish world, hardly even paying attention to her. And it would even seem like Arnav was the son of the family and Khushi the guest.

Even her Amma seemed to be full of praises for Arnav, but then this is how she was, always treating guests with utmost respect and affection. Khushi observed how Garima tried her level best to make sure that Arnav felt comfortable and how she was always staring at him as if lost in deep thoughts. Seeing Rahul with Arnav brought her back memories of Rahul with his father, but Khushi snapped her out of her dream world.

"So where did you meet?" Khushi suddenly asked, making Rahul and Arnav take a quick glance at each other.

"Park/School" Arnav and Rahul replied in unison, and when they noticed that their answers did not match, they immediately clarified "In the park near the school"

"O..kay'how did Arnav become your friend then?" Khushi queried.

"Hmm we became friends just like that" Rahul explained, shrugging his shoulders.

"Very smart answer, but listen to me both, you are the worst liars ever. I can very well know when you lie" Khushi glared at Arnav and Rahul.

"Khushi, stop harassing them. Dinner is ready" Garima's voice saved the two new friends.

"Rahul, give me one minute please. I need to talk to your friend" Khushi prompted before turning to Arnav and asking him with suspicious eyes "What are you trying to do?"

"Nothing much! Rahul invited me and I couldn't refuse, that's why I am here." Arnav casually answered.

"Don't lie! I can't believe you are using Rahul for your selfish motives" Khushi accused him.

"If you already know why I am here, then why are you seeking an answer? Yes, I have come for you" Arnav revealed, looking intently into her eyes that he found bewitching by each passing minute. He was here to be close to her, to win her forgiveness back because that meant the world to him.

Khushi suddenly felt a warm feeling paving its way within her: Arnav was here for her, but why? Actually many a time she thought about it but she refused to believe what she was thinking of. The reason being that she no longer wanted to hold great expectations and have them crashed the next minute. Why would Arnav be here for her? Khushi kept on repeating "For me?" while Arnav smiled at her before getting to the dining table. She finally came to a conclusion.

"He is only concerned about the challenge, but I won't let him win at any cost. After all, I am Khushi Kumari Gupta" Khushi thought.

At the dining table, Garima filled Arnav's plate with innumerable food items, as Arnav looked at what he was to eat in such abundance with shocked expressions, while Khushi hid her amused looks. Arnav slyly winked at Rahul, giving him the green signal to start the new mission as hatched by both of them.

"Rahul, can you pass me water please?" Arnav asked.

"Momsy buddy, the jug is near you. Pass it to Arnav" Rahul told Khushi, who hurriedly served Arnav water.

"Rahul, napkin?" Arnav pointed to it.

"Momsy buddy, the napkins are next to you" Rahul commented.

"Anything else Arnav?" an exasperated Khushi asked.

"Actually yes, can I have some more dhall please?" Arnav asked.

"Beta, I will give you" Garima said, before Khushi interrupted her and proposed to do it.

Hiding her wicked smile, Khushi served Arnav a bowl of dhall which she had secretly mixed with chilli powder. She believed this would serve him right to mess with her in her own house. The first taste of the dish made Arnav almost explode out of the spiciness, but he noticed Khushi's evil grin and immediately knew that it was her tactic.

"How is the dhall? Amma prepared it" Khushi faked a smile at Arnav.

"Perfect! Aunty, I love it" Arnav let out, smiling back at Khushi whose mouth hung open seeing Arnav finishing the bowl at one go.

Only Arnav knew how he finished it, but no way would he let Khushi ruin the day. He soon experienced a fit of hiccups, which made Khushi guilty as never before. She was hit by a wave of remorse and she immediately rushed to pat his back. Rahul handed a glass of water towards Arnav which Khushi helped him to drink.

"Are you fine?" Khushi asked, extremely worried.

"Is my 75% forgiveness limit increased now?" Arnav murmured to Khushi, who felt so bad that she said yes "But not totally because I am still angry. So make that 90% because I know I did something wrong"

"Arnav beta, have some kheer" Garima proposed to which Khushi immediately intervened. "Amma no, Arnav can't have sweets'he has diabetes"

Arnav looked at Khushi tenderly, amused at how the same person who had just played a trick with him cared for him so much at the same time. That must be the definition of Khushi, he thought, pagal.

Garima soon left for the mandir, like she always did on that day of the week for a special pooja, thus leaving Khushi, Arnav and Rahul alone at home. She had given Rahul the permission to stay up till later than usual, only because Arnav was here, but this was not very well received by Khushi. The more she saw Rahul getting close to Arnav, the more she faced gripping fears. It could look far-fetched but she always felt over-protective at Rahul and did not want him to build false hopes.

"Thank you Arnav for being here." Rahul smilingly told Arnav.

What started as a bad beginning between the two had finally evolved into a beautiful relationship, and Rahul genuinely felt every word he was speaking. Arnav was no less cheerful at the idea of having found a new little friend in Rahul. It was like he could see himself into Rahul's image but a merrier one, one who lived each moment of his life to the fullest.

"Rahul, go to your room and finish your homework" Khushi suddenly ordered Rahul.

"But I finished all my homework. Can't I stay here a little more and play with Arnav? Nani gave permission" Rahul pleaded.

"No, it's already late. Just go to bed now Rahul" Khushi let out.

"Khushi, it's okay if Rahul wants to play a little bit more. What harm will it cause for him to stay for some more time? Why are you being so strict?" Arnav intervened.

"Arnav, it would be better if you stay out of this, and I think you should go now." Khushi suddenly expressed, shocking Arnav. "Rahul, didn't you hear what I just said? Go to your room!"

"This is so unfair! I hate you!" Rahul shouted, tears flowing down his cheeks as he ran to his room.

Not able to withstand the latest turn of events, Khushi broke down and crumbled to the floor, her back facing the lower side of the couch and her arms clutching her legs as she buried her head into her knees. What started as lone tears soon evolved into low sobs to finally culminate into a real crying session. Arnav stood still as if time stood still while Khushi was shedding her tears, tears that if he had the power to, then he would definitely have chased them away. But he felt that those tears were a sort of escaping away, of letting go every single thing that was weighing heavy on Khushi's heart.

The cries soon subsided as Khushi felt herself cosily surrounded by a pair of arms that were so comfortingly enclosing her into a tiny world. Without even losing any second, she threw her arms around Arnav and reciprocated the tender hug, in fact embracing him even more tightly. Her head had found its heaven on Arnav's chest while her hair was being gently stroked in an attempt to calm her down. Arnav only knew that he had to be there for Khushi and enclosing her into his warm grip to provide her with support was the only thing he could actually think of.

Upon realising in which situation she was, Khushi moved away from Arnav, who helped her sit on the couch and gave her some water to refresh her. One look at Arnav and Khushi knew that she could trust him and share with him the saddest part of her life.

"Around one year ago, my life, our lives changed all of a sudden. Babuji was coming back from Lucknow and had just signed a big order for sweets. I had to go and fetch him from the station, but Di and Jeejaji proposed to go since I had to study for my exams. They dropped Rahul at home and went to the station. On their way back ... the car met with an accident and ... no one survived. Babuji, Di, Jeejaji, ... I lost all my close ones in a fraction of second. Since that day, I promised that I would take care of Amma and Rahul always"

"And you are taking great care of them" Arnav tried to reassure Khushi, while himself struggling hard not to let emotions get the better of him after listening to the pain through which she had undergone.

"No, I am a big failure ... sometimes I wish I was in that car in place of Di! At least Rahul would have his Mom by his side" Khushi said, but was soon interrupted by Arnav who placed his finger on her mouth.

"Never say this again!" Arnav almost shouted, his protective instinct surfacing. "Rahul is very lucky to have you. I can imagine how every day you give your best to provide him with the smallest and the biggest things that make him happy. And that's why he calls you Momsy Buddy, because you are not only his maasi, but also a mother-figure and above all his friend"

"But didn't you see the way he got angry at me?" Khushi said.

"Give me few minutes" Arnav expressed, leaving Khushi and heading towards Rahul's room.

Knocking at Rahul's half-open door, Arnav sneaked in, noticing that he was in bed, muffling his cries under the bed sheet. He slowly approached him and made his presence felt by clearing his throat.

"I thought that Rahul was smart, but I guess he isn't" Arnav let out, faking disappointment.

"Why do you think so?" Rahul surfaced from within the bed sheet and gave Arnav a curious look.

"If Rahul was smart, then he would have known that whatever his Momsy Buddy tells him or does is for his best because she loves him the most in this whole wide world" Arnav reasoned.

"Really? Rahul also loves his Momsy buddy the most in this whole wide world." Rahul expressed.

"So will you go and give her a huge tight hug?" Arnav asked, to which Rahul immediately jumped out of bed and rushed to Khushi who was standing on the threshold of the door, extending his arms to be lifted by Khushi.

"I am sorry for having shouted at you, will you forgive me?" Khushi asked.

"I am sorry for having said I hate you! I did not mean it. I love you" Rahul kissed Khushi's cheek, making her smile, and Arnav smile.

Khushi looked into Arnav's direction and gave him a 'Thank You' look.

"Arnav, I know that Rahul likes you a lot but please try to stay away from him. Just look at how he's getting attached to you. I don't want this to happen. Every single person who has been close to him has gone" Khushi did not even look into Arnav's eyes while saying these works, knowing how much it was hurting her from within.

"Why are you talking as if I am going away very far? I am here only, always" Arnav tried to reassure Khushi.

"Who are you to stay with Rahul forever? Have you ever thought about this? Your only aim was to get Lavanya back, which is why you came to Delhi University and by a coincidence, we met, you met my family. But now that you have Lavanya back, you will go, right? Far from us?" Khushi asked, secretly wishing that Arnav buried all her doubts.

"Never! How could you even think like this? Whatever happens, I will always be here for you, I mean ... for Rahul of course...now can you please wipe away all these tears, they don't suit you at all" Arnav tried to lighten the atmosphere.

Khushi immediately rubbed her fingers against her moist cheeks, and was soon helped by Arnav who captured one lone tear that she had forgotten to neutralise. Arnav was about to leave when Khushi stopped him by placing her hand on his shoulder and Arnav turned back.

"Thank You Arnav, for everything" Khushi said.

"Does that mean that I am 100% forgiven now?" Arnav smirked.

"Even more than that" Khushi laughingly said.

"So be ready for the challenge, Khushi! See you tomorrow" Arnav said before leaving.

Chapter 14: The Challenge πŸ˜‰ will be up next week! I have an important assignment deadline for Monday πŸ˜’ So, let's say around Tuesday πŸ€”
As always, press the like button and leave your comments πŸ€—
Edited by tash10 - 11 years ago
arnavbarun thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Yipee me first!
even before the pm...stalking surely does helpπŸ˜‰

The update was really beautiful!

loved the arnav-rahul bonding!

So arnav won ...can't wait for the challenge!

But why didn't he tell her that he is not interested in lavanya anymore???
Edited by arnavbarun - 11 years ago
ipkkndfanforeva thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Ohk i just loved the update!!<3

It was just beautifully written and i loved how you brought out the emotions.
Tbh i didnt understand why suddenly Khushi got so hyper and shouted at Rahul and also the breakdown bt then realised cuz he was getting close to Arnav and also she started to remember abt his parents!

Loved when she hugged him and he comforted her. Brought a smile to my face :)

Oh and you knw its really nice to see how their bond has evolved that she actually trusts him with her personal things! Really sad to see her family die that way :'(

And i also liked that she voiced out her fears abt him going away nd nt looking back.

Im soo looking forward for the challenge! :D

PS - Bher is everyone else! :O :/

Edited by ipkkndfanforeva - 11 years ago
saavan_lover thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Awesome update! :D Yay Arnav finally got his forgiveness lol looking forward to the challenge :)
Thanks for the PM :)