Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tash10 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
Ducking to avoid all the chappals coming my way for not updating yesterday 🤣 But I have a reason - me was Achooing 🤔 So here I compensate by a longer update, 2500 words 😃 Enjoy reading :D

Action speaks louder than words. Nothing could be more apt to describe the situation that Arnav was going through at the moment, with no words being directed towards him but only movements around him. Silently sitting waiting for the ice to break, Arnav felt the pair of eyes in front of him, swiftly moving around and thoroughly dissecting him. They were conveying shock, surprise and anger, and he clearly had the impression that he was no less than a hard-core criminal who had committed heinous crimes.

"So Mr Harvard-I-Know-everything is asking for help and that too from me?" NK asked, as he settled down after a long process of scrutiny.

Although NK was genuinely displeased with Arnav's behaviour with Khushi, for the first time ever, he noticed the extent to which Arnav looked vulnerably sad and guilty. But NK knowing Khushi, he knew it would be no easy task to rectify the wrong but strongly believed that Arnav would know best how to tackle the situation. As a simple suggestion, NK advised him to ask for forgiveness for whatever he did, and that a simple sorry could change the game. Arnav instantly gave him a 'Are you sure?' look which immediately changed into one 'Okay, I can do it' look.

In an attempt to provide himself with a boost, Arnav took the challenge of earning Khushi's forgiveness by the end of the day, and he being Arnav Singh Raizada was resolute to achieve success, not just for the sake of a challenge but also to fill the missing blanks in his life. As soon as he spotted Khushi in the canteen all alone, he made his way towards her, already rehearsing what to say. However, as soon as he reached two feet away from Khushi who refused to meet his gaze, he felt all the words that he had practised to pour out vanish in thin air.

"Khushi" Arnav tried to gather his composure and let spontaneity guide him "Khushi, please look at me, I need to talk to you"

Khushi was about to leave turning a deaf ear to his words when Arnav held her hand and prevented her from moving away. Once again, she was under his grip but the only difference was that this time only tenderness and compassion were prevailing as opposed to the hot-headed argument that occurred some time back.

"Whatever I told you, whatever hurt I gave you, whatever reason I gave you to feel so bad…I would only like to erase everything…but it's just not possible. I genuinely apologise for this…please forgive me. I am so sorry" Arnav unleashed, taking time to digest the fact that he had finally spoken what was weighing on his heart so naturally.

"Are you done? Now tell me one thing. Where did you get that speech from? From the same place where you got the one you used for Lavanya? The great Arnav Singh Raizada would never say sorry, especially not to a simple, middle class girl like me! Just leave me alone…you follow your path and I follow mine…and am pretty sure they won't cross again" Khushi retorted before forcefully taking her hand away from Arnav's and moving away.

No way was this first sour attempt going to break Arnav's resolve; in fact, he was even more decided than before. He angrily approached NK and rebuked him for his bad advice of only saying sorry.

"You…I…Phew…I should have known before that this is not a simple usual case! Arnav, Khushi is not your house's kaamwali who in a jet will accept your apology. Among even 100 girls, Khushi will stand apart, and she is not one of those who easily will bury harsh words that have been thrown at her, especially when her self-respect is questioned." NK told Arnav while mentally thinking that Arnav and Khushi were actually made for each other, both being terribly stubborn for instance.

"So what should I do now?" Arnav helplessly asked, inwardly knowing that NK was right. Khushi was very different, a different that he could not deny liking.

"Idea!" NK suddenly let out all smiling at his idea that he deemed to be a genius one "Khushi loves food, and she loves…"

"Jalebis" Arnav interrupted NK, smiling at the sight of a happy Khushi gorging on those syrupy delicacies and rushed to implement the next set of action.

Trying hard to forget that she ever knew a person called Arnav, Khushi made her way to her locker, sporting a sulking face which was so not her usual self. But the sadness plastered on her face disappeared and was soon replaced by an enlightening expression at the fragrance of freshly cooked jalebis that were lying in the box on the shelf of her locker, ready to be munched. Holding the box, she was about to pick one when she noticed from the corner of her eye Arnav slyly stealing a glance, and she immediately realised that it was one of his tactics.

"Nanhe, this is for you! I don't feel like having them" Khushi revealed, once she found him, before slowly murmuring to her best friend, "This morning before coming to university, I spent so much time in the kitchen to prepare sugar-free jalebis, but they were all wasted…lying on the floor."

"Sugar-free jalebis? Why?" NK enquired.

"Arnav has diabetes na and for Diwali he couldn't even have sweets, so I thought…I shouldn't have thought actually!" Khushi said, which did not go unnoticed by Arnav who felt another pang of guilt at the idea of Khushi preparing something special for him and he ruining it all.

Another plan gone wrong, Arnav thought. Time for a new one, and this time he decided to act all alone. A quick phone call made and everything was ready. Thirty minutes later, Khushi was approached by a delivery boy who remitted her with a parcel, which she opened despite being sceptical about the author of such a gesture. Opening it, she discovered to her utter surprise a flamboyant designer bag and her eyes popped out seeing the price tag. No brownie points were needed for Khushi to guess who could have done that, and she furiously looked around for Arnav until she finally spotted him.

"What do you think of yourself?" Khushi shouted, pointing towards the bag.

"Actually when I pulled you earlier today, your bag was thrown on the floor and it got dirtied, so I just thought that since it was because of me, I should compensate this with another bag. You don't like it?" Arnav expressed.

"These were only dirt stains on my bag, as compared to the indelible stains you inflicted on me. Anyway, just keep your bag and give it to your pompous girlfriend. I don't need your display of money." Khushi replied, once more making it a failed attempt for Arnav.

"Di, I need to make up for something bad, very bad that I did. Help me please, she won't listen to me. I said sorry, gave her jalebis, offered her an expensive bag, but still she is angry" Arnav told his sister on the phone.

"Who? Lavanya?" Anjali asked.

"No Di, Khushi" Arnav let out, making Anjali secretly smile.

"Chotte, sometimes simple things coming from the heart can work out to be the best! Just close your eyes and think of something that would genuinely make Khushiji happy. Don't think of buying her with such material possessions, but concentrate on the emotional value. I know that my brother will know what to do" Anjali replied, leaving Arnav to ponder on what to do next.

"Khushi, this is for you" NK told Khushi, as they settled in their respective seats for their afternoon lecture.

"What is this?" Khushi curiously asked.

"Some important photocopies and notes for the upcoming exams. I made some for me, so I thought of sharing" NK gently said.

"Aww, you are so sweet Nanhe" Khushi let out, a smile slowly paving its way on her face.

Arnav was dying to see her smile again and he quickly blinked eyes at NK, as a sign of acknowledgement for what he had done. If Khushi had known that it was actually Arnav who had prepared the notes and photocopies, she would have blatantly refused and he desperately felt the need of seeing Khushi happy. Arnav knew he had to win Khushi's forgiveness but he also knew that this would not happen so soon, keeping in mind Khushi's nature, so he felt that he would leave no stone unturned to make her feel happy. Just at that moment, Lavanya approached Arnav and told him to change seats and sit next to her, and not next to Khushi.

"Lavanya, actually you sit at the back. And since few days, Arnav is complaining of severe eye problems and headache, right Arnav?" NK came to the rescue, sensing that Arnav wanted to stay where he was, close to Khushi.

"Yeah right, so it's better I sit here itself, else I won't be able to concentrate" Arnav answered.

While an irritated Lavanya left, Khushi could not stop herself from giggling at what had just happened. Why Arnav had refused to go, she did not know, in fact she did not even want to know but she felt good to see Lavanya being defeated.

The Professor soon announced the students that he would be returning their assignments, and that the pair earning the best grade would give a presentation of their work in front of the class. And it happened that Arnav and Khushi were the pair in question, and they immediately had to go on the elevated platform where the lecturer was standing to give their presentation. Once Khushi reached there, seeing such a large class, she felt tongue-tied and panic got the better of her.

Noticing how uncomfortable Khushi looked, Arnav took the responsibility of initiating the presentation, thing that he was used to, and naturally created a way for Khushi to join in whenever she would feel more at ease. He laid much emphasis on how Khushi had ingeniously showed creativity with the sketches, and Khushi kept on staring at Arnav who was singing praises for her, and truly could not believe her eyes. When she finally gathered the needed confidence to confront the audience, she spoke up and she knew it was only thanks to Arnav who had throughout given him comforting looks.

The class soon came to an end, with students quickly dashing out while Khushi and Arnav were still standing on the platform, being congratulated by the remaining few people. Khushi was about to walk down the steps when she tripped over the projector cable and sprained her ankle. Arnav hurriedly rushed towards her and gripped her shoulders to stabilise Khushi, and made her sit.

"Khushi, are you fine?" Arnav asked, his face covered with worried expressions.

Wincing in pain, Khushi looked at her ankle which had swollen, causing Arnav to, without losing any second, lift her in his arms and bring her to the first aid room of the university.

"Arnav, put me down. I don't want to go to the first aid room. I don't like that place." Khushi pleaded on the way.

"Khushi, shut up. You are hurt" NK replied, as he was following them.

"NK is right!" Arnav added.

"No, please please please. Look I am better. Please Arnav" Khushi literally begged.

"Okay" Arnav finally agreed, "but let me see it"

Arnav gently made Khushi sit on the bench, and he slowly extended his hand towards her ankle, getting hold of it to eradicate the pain. Sensing his tender touch on her soft skin, Khushi felt her heart beating faster than normal and everything else, and everybody else faded away. She could only hear the music of her heartbeats, feel her ankle being subtly caressed, making way for butterflies to swarm through her tummy.

"What are you doing?" Khushi asked.

"If you don't want a big injection over here, just stay silent and let me do what I have to do" Arnav replied, while gently trying to massage her ankle and make it better.

Khushi spontaneously placed her hand on Arnav's shoulder as the latter made it a must that Khushi's ankle would get better really soon. Few seconds later, without Khushi even realising it, Arnav was done and he signalled Khushi about the same. The pain had truly gone, only a small tiny fragility could be felt. Had it not been Lavanya interrupting them, they both would have been lost in their own world.

"ASR, will you drop me home please?" Lavanya asked.

"Lavanya, Khushi is not well, so better I drop her" Arnav answered, clearly upsetting Lavanya who felt something was amiss.

"No, NK will drop me" Khushi interrupted.

"Me? Of cour…" NK was about to say when he noticed Arnav glaring at him, "Actually Khushi, my car tyre got punctured and I just saw that. Must be a silly prank! Better you go with Arnav"

"I will just take an auto then" Khushi affirmed.

"No way will I let you go home alone in this condition. Your ankle is still vulnerable" Arnav shouted, making it the final decision.

Lavanya looked on as she saw Arnav holding Khushi and guiding her to the car, and was about to leave when NK proposed her to give her a lift.

"But you just said your car tyre got punctured" Lavanya said, raising her eyebrows.

"It was, but I just got it repaired. See, it's fine now. So, shall we go?" NK asked.

Throughout the journey, not a single word was spoken until Arnav finally asked Khushi whether she had forgiven him. Khushi refused to provide him with an answer and instead looked outside the window. She wanted to forgive him, but there was that constant fear of Arnav always hurting her at the least expected moment that prevented her from doing so. Once destination was reached, Khushi went out of the car, muttering a 'Thank you' and made her way towards her house, still walking slowly in order not to exert unnecessary pressure on her ankle.

To make sure that Khushi was all fine, Arnav decided to follow her until her house door where he stood and peeped in through the window to see that Khushi was sitting. He heaved a sigh of relief upon seeing Khushi was okay until what followed next.

"Chor … chor … chor" a voice came from behind, when Arnav abruptly turned around to stop the ruckus, and signalled to stay quiet.

"Sshh…I am no thief, just Khushi's friend! May I know who you are?" Arnav asked, looking at the 42 inches creature standing in front of him.

"The man of the house…Rahul…naam to suna hoga, right?" the small kid replied, crossing his arms and glaring at Arnav without blinking his eyes.

Chapter 12 : From Man to Man will be updated on Saturday 😉

Special mention to Anupama 🤗🤗 You guessed right that the jalebis were the sugar-free ones that Khushi was to make for Arnav. And also for reminding me it was Tuesday yesterday 😆

And as always, press the 'Like' button and leave your comments pweez 😳

noclapsplease thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
ME FIRST AFTER YEARS

Poor Arnav all his efforts in vain .. but one did work out
Lavanya's face must have been worth seeing

Aww Khushi in Arnav's arms .. RABBA VEY

Rahul's entry was DHINCHAK "NAAM TO SUNA HI HOGA"

FANTASTIC UPDATE TASHU

GOING TO READ THE NEXT UPDATE . .
Edited by aaliyahassan - 11 years ago
Anupama. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Yayie.reswa!
Editwa-
hehehe.see! I knew! And thanks for that mention..:) and i really should stop this guess work.the thrill gets lessened a bit for me! So il just enjoy and gush on this enjoyable ff! 😆
And a supercute update.glad that arnav in this doesnt have issues in saying sorry..
and may i date NK? ;)
eager for next chap! Take care! I hope your acchoing stops. :)
Edited by Anupama. - 11 years ago
bewakoofLadki thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
unfair 😭 i res first bt at d same tym may b u resd fr ur frnds n i my comment is far behind...i sooo wantd to cum first dats y had been stalking...nvr mind m bfr d pm n atleast at d same page of d update.. 😊

amazing update...love arnav
Edited by massu91 - 11 years ago
arnavbarun thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
loved the update!!!

arnav is trying so hard!!! may be rahul can help him
Edited by arnavbarun - 11 years ago
tash10 thumbnail
I saw what you wrote before 🤣🤣🤣 Arm twisting me huh? 🤔
And read the note at the end also !! Esp for you 🤗 Good you are here early 😃
tash10 thumbnail
Why so? 🤔
bhadraprasad thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Loved the update...Rahul…naam to suna hoga, right...this dialogue was the catch of the day...Thx for the PM
falak9090 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Awesome , update and pm me
Rhysenn thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Ahahaha, so Arnav finally meets the infamous Rahul!