Chandni Bar - Updated 23rd Nov

kaamchorni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Hello, lovely fellow Arjun forum members.

I'm Zarin and up until now, I've more or less been a silent reader but today, I bring you my own little contribution - a short story based on the show. I hope you all enjoy it and thanks for stopping by.

P.S. Bear with me while I dole out my mandatory lines (please read in a menacing voice ;) ):
I must admit that I am something akin to a protective Mother Hen and - if I may be vain enough to assume that I will actually have readers - I will not at all take kindly to any or all parts of my work being reproduced without my express permission. Plagiarism of this (or any) story is forbidden. I have neither a blog nor another currently active account so if anyone does happen to see my work posted through anything but this account, I will be extremely grateful if you let me know.

Also, I'd like to add that this story
intentionally bears no resemblance to the movie of the same name.

Thank you once again :)

- Zarin

Edited by kaamchorni - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kaamchorni thumbnail

Chapter 1

Her abdominal muscles flexed with the beat and every eye in the field was fixed on her swaying hips. A fat man sitting on a charpai put a roll of paan in his mouth and the more rowdy members of the audience whistled as she began singing again.

"Haye...jisko sanam maan kar shab bhar mare
Woh kameena subah hote phurr ho gaya
Jisko mohabbat ka teacher kehte rahe
Woh phateecher ik lesson mein fail ho gaya..."    

They hid behind the bushes, squabbling quietly and observing the crowd.

"Move further, Riya." He bit out.

"I have! Do you want me to go right into the audience, Sir?" He glared at her before Shree cut in with a 'shush'.

She watched as the woman danced to the cheers of the repulsive audience. Biting back her own revulsion, she turned away to see Arjun rolling his eyes at the paunchy old men.

They remained quiet for a few moments, scouring the crowd for anything suspicious, before moving away into the night.

"Raute!" Sameer barked. "Will you be standing out there all night or do you plan on gracing us with your presence too?"

Arjun gave him a disdainful look but didn't bother replying. He stepped into the small shack they had secured for themselves and sat down on a bale of hay.

"Alright team, I suppose we're all up to date now. The investigation will start early tomorrow morning. We'll meet the owner of the Chandni Bar first and then go from there. Any questions?" Sameer watched as everyone shook their heads and he nodded. "Good. Now get some sleep. We will head out at the first sign of daylight."

Riya moved to a corner of the shack and began arranging the hay into a makeshift bed. Shree and Chotu collapsed where they had been standing and fell asleep almost instantaneously while Sameer went to the other corner and lay down. Arjun remained where he was and watched the others.

Almost an hour went by before they fell asleep and Arjun stood up soundlessly. He opened the door slightly before slipping out into the cold night. Checking that nobody had awoken, he shut the door.  

He didn't plan on waiting for daylight.

Edited by kaamchorni - 11 years ago
SIP1997 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Interesting start, continue soon.
_mahi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
this sounds so unique to me dear😊
the title got me hooked to your story long before i finished reading the first chapter😃
something is up huh? 😉
can't wait till i read more of it
do continue soon!!!😳

Radhi12 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6
Nice..
Continue soon
Krishnaluv94 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
What an awesome start! Can't wait to read more! :)
JennyPenny thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Wow that was awesome. Please do continue.
Gurmeet4Drashti thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Great start ...
Looking forward to read the next chapters ...
rockz.diva thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
intrestng ^_^ waitng for next part
kaamchorni thumbnail
Thanks for the lovely feedback :) I will try to have something ready for posting soon.