Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
we actually need a story where a wife mistreats her husband but still husband accepts her back...but the chance of it happening in drama and real life is 1%😆
i have read so many novel and watched so many dramas...most of them revolve around a mazloom aurat made to compromise
i understand it happens in most cases but tv needs to show a bit of responsibility and atleast try and change the thinking prevalent in our male dominated society
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: --Nida--

we actually need a story where a wife mistreats her husband but still husband accepts her back...but the chance of it happening in drama and real life is 1%😆

i have read so many novel and watched so many dramas...most of them revolve around a mazloom aurat made to compromise
i understand it happens in most cases but tv needs to show a bit of responsibility and atleast try and change the thinking prevalent in our male dominated society

Main Abdul Qadir Hoon was an exception. It revolves around a guy..the difficulties he faces..how the girl he loves rejects him etc..how another girl comes into his life & shows him what life really is..he then finds God & the meaning of life etc and eventually takes back the girl who rejected him initially.

Unfortunately..people like watching the bechari aurat always having problems. Main Abdul Qadir Hoon is an underrated performance..the fact it gets neglected at award shows, and didn't receive the grand recognition shows you that the Pakistani audience prefers watching the females as the central characters since more than half the viewers are females.
Edited by starstruckk - 11 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
That's why I LOVE Main Abdul Qadir Hoon..I was so glad to see a drama revolve around a guy as the main character for a change.
Raindrops. thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

Main Abdul Qadir Hoon was an exception. It revolves around a guy..the difficulties he faces..how the girl he loves rejects him etc..how another girl comes into his life & shows him what life really is..he then finds God & the meaning of life etc etc.

Unfortunately..people like watching the bechari aurat always having problems. Main Abdul Qadir Hoon is an underrated performance..the fact it gets neglected at award shows, and didn't receive the grand recognition shows you that the Pakistani audience prefers watching the females as the central characters since more than half the viewers are females.

Yes MAQH and QeT i believe are the only two exceptions...atleast they tried to show something different but since then we are only moving backwards
But even in MAQH and QeT the guys get married twice 😆
Novels mein toh its worst ...i can't even believe that most of these novel writers are women and still they treat their female characters so badly...aisa lagta hai that female characters don't have any self respect

Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

exactly!

Word Count: 1

OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
@ starstruck- I personally love MAQH...it is and will always remain to be one of my favorites...I can't put into words what I feel for that show..

As for SeZ, I finally watched the lase episode...had missed many in the middle due to the drag, but thought I'd watch the last one..and I actually liked it. When I had read the book, I was kinda disappointed in Falak that she forgave Salman and went back to him, etc. Of course, I didn't put myself in her position, or wasn't thinking straight because I just wanted to finish reading, but when I saw it today, I couldn't have been happier for the ending. It was so peaceful and satisfying. She forgave and saved her marriage. What could be better than this?! Forgiving is a great act in Islam and really loved by Allah and divorce is the most hated of all the Halal things that exist..I could go on and on, but all I'd say is, I was glad for Falak's decision.
starstruckk thumbnail

Yes MAQH and QeT i believe are the only two exceptions...atleast they tried to show something different but since then we are only moving backwards
But even in MAQH and QeT the guys get married twice 😆
Novels mein toh its worst ...i can't even believe that most of these novel writers are women and still they treat their female characters so badly...aisa lagta hai that female characters don't have any self respect

Writers are females..audiences are mostly females..no wonder everything is female centric. However, with reasoning I don't find female characters losing self respect in some of these dramas. For example, if Falak going back to Salman is her lacking self respect then I totally disagree..I think Umera puts it in perspective in the very end. And, in such a scenario..Salman, the guy. should think about his self respect if he had any to begin with as well.. why not criticize him too?... He has an affair with his wife, and then asks for forgiveness as if nothing even happened. Yes. however, there are other dramas which lack logical explanations of how a woman goes through so much etc .but the writer never provides solid reasoning as to why...and the audiences go along with it. As I mentioned before, why are some criticizing Umera for bringing Falak back to Salman..yet people loved Khirad going back to Asher through Farhat's writing? why? merely because they got their daily dosage of Fawad? romance btwn Khirad & Asher?

Viewers are to blame themselves here also..they appreciate stuff like this half the time...

starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: OnlyHope

@ starstruck- I personally love MAQH...it is and will always remain to be one of my favorites...I can't put into words what I feel for that show..

As for SeZ, I finally watched the lase episode...had missed many in the middle due to the drag, but thought I'd watch the last one..and I actually liked it. When I had read the book, I was kinda disappointed in Falak that she forgave Salman and went back to him, etc. Of course, I didn't put myself in her position, or wasn't thinking straight because I just wanted to finish reading, but when I saw it today, I couldn't have been happier for the ending. It was so peaceful and satisfying. She forgave and saved her marriage. What could be better than this?! Forgiving is a great act in Islam and really loved by Allah and divorce is the most hated of all the Halal things that exist..I could go on and on, but all I'd say is, I was glad for Falak's decision.

I agree..I never wanted Falak to go back to Salman..but Umera provides her reasoning well here. Falak's asking God for forgiveness..she's changing her life around from what she was before..yet she can't forgive another human? So, how can God forgive her when she can't forgive another person..as her naani puts it, you don't use your heart in such matters..you go according to the Quran., Allah's words. I agree..and as you mentioned once..in the novel, Falak returning to Salman is far more vague and not explained. In the drama, with the addition of naani's character, Umera explains it well..and I personally liked it.
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
So apparently, that last dialogue about behayayi/bahayayi..was NOT Umera's and the director personally added it!
No wonder it never made sense to me and didn't sound like Umera could've writter in what so ever. Felt like it was thrown in there out of the blue because it didn't connect to the theme AT ALL!
In fact, it sorta messed with the storyline because it was the last line said by Falak </3
Edited by OnlyHope - 11 years ago
Raindrops. thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

Writers are females..audiences are mostly females..no wonder everything is female centric. However, with reasoning I don't find female characters losing self respect in some of these dramas. For example, if Falak going back to Salman is her lacking self respect then I totally disagree..I think Umera puts it in perspective in the very end. And, in such a scenario..Salman, the guy. should think about his self respect if he had any to begin with as well.. why not criticize him too?... He has an affair with his wife, and then asks for forgiveness as if nothing even happened. Yes. however, there are other dramas which lack logical explanations of how a woman goes through so much etc .but the writer never provides solid reasoning as to why...and the audiences go along with it. As I mentioned before, why are some criticizing Umera for bringing Falak back to Salman..yet people loved Khirad going back to Asher through Farhat's writing? why? merely because they got their daily dosage of Fawad? romance btwn Khirad & Asher?

Viewers are to blame themselves here also..they appreciate stuff like this half the time...

I was not talking about Umera over here ...by novel writer i meant the ones who have not written for the drama ...my bad i didn't specify ...i meant majority of the Urdu novels have mazloom aurat concept
And waisay not always Umera's leading female go back to their heroes
MZZBN mein Samiya and Faisal didn't reunite and Daam mein bhi SB didn't go back
There is a big difference between Farhat Ishtiaq's writing and Umera Ahmed's
I mean Umera's writing is much more than boy meets girl and they live happily ever after...when i read Umera i feel i am reading philosophy in every single line
Farhat wites romantic love stories and trust me no one writes better sweet love stories than her
About Asher being more liked than Salman or Mansoor...it's not because of Fawad or Mikaal
Asher the character loved khirad truly ...yes he had issues later on which started around 9th episode 😆 ...he did hurt khirad but then he also went through the pain of separation , he longed for khirad 😉😆
On the other hand Salman or Mansoor were slightly greyish character since beginning...their side of love story was not given as much importance...Salman certainly didn't love Falak, he came back only when he was made to by God
Its not because of Fawad or Mikaal ...when i read humsafar it showed POV of both Asher and Khirad ...their pain , their love
When i read Sher e Zaat it showed Falak's arrogance, her pain , how she changes and finds God ...Salman was only treated as her Azmaish and the reason she turns to God nothing more than that
However I believe both endings were justified at their own place ...Asher and Khirad deserved to be together because of their love and their daughter
Salman and Falak reunited but it really didn't matter to Falak whoever her husband was as she changed her life to please Allah
I loved Humsafar, DeS and SeZ but now we need a story completely opposite to all of these ...as i said kabhi Admi bhi mazloom dikha saktey hain aur woh bhi apni biwi ko maaf kar sakta hai 😆