Five Actresses Who Know How to Cry

Taify thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

19 Oct 2012

Articles: Five Actresses Who Know How to Cry

There are some who make you laugh with their acting (unintentionally) but then there are some who can make you shed a tear or two with their awesome crying skills onscreen. Some of the below given talented actresses don't even need glycerine to start their rona-dhona. Let's take a look at the top five on-screen crying ladies.

Sumbul Iqbal

I didn't know whom to put at number five. I had veterans, such as Sawera and Sania Saeed in mind, but I just decided to name Sumbul Iqbal here. She isn't considered the best actress; however, she knows how to shed a bucket of tears.

She did the over dramatic rona dhona in the likes of Mere Khuwab Reza Reza and Sabz Qadam. But, at the same time she showed that she knew how to do it the subtle way in Roag. She surely deserves a mention here!

Samiya Mumtaz

Meri Zaat Zarra-e-Benishaan brought Samiya and Pakistani dramas back on the map. I remember ladies in my home used to carry tissues whenever that serial was on-air. A lot of credit goes to Samiya's believable portrayal of the character and her amazing crying talent, which was beautifully shown in ARY's Maaye Ni again.

It is hard to find one serial of this woman where she didn't have to cry. Yaariyan, anyone? Watch Again!

Ayesha Khan

She is among the most regularly seen and crying ladies on screen. Sometime, it gets so much you wish you could go there and ask her to give it a break. This woman is known for switching form crying mood to happy mood within a few seconds.

Watch Mere Charagar if you doubt her crying skills that were full in display in other serials too, like Ijazat and recently concluded Maseeha.

Aminah Sheikh

I just decided that it is not a top 5 list; it is a random list because I don't know which place to put this talented actress in. This talented actress may go a little overboard at times, but when it comes to crying onscreen, there is no match.

Watch Mora Piya, Umm-e-Kulsoom or any other serial of hers. There are rumors that she often finds it difficult to control her tears in a scene… Hmmm… hopefully we will see a different facet of her in her next play, which is based on Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice.

Saba Qamar

The one who made Aminah Sheikh cry in Maat is here thanks to her bravura performances in the likes of Thakan and Mein Chaand Si. I, personally think she is among the best. Her crying is so real, you actually feel her pain. The actress does not need glycerin to begin crying. Now a pro, Saba can go minutes sobbing.

So, who do you think should make it to the list? Name the actress who makes you cry… and ah, we are serious… don't name the likes of Mahnoor Baloch, unhain rota dekh hamari hansi nikal jati hay!, Sorry Mahnoor.

P.S: We decided not to include the old bracket, such as Rubina Ashraf, who is great at crying (onscreen, of course). Watch her in Mere Charagar or Samdhan and you will see that she has only improved with age.

by admin in Uncategorized Tags: pakistani actress crying

5 Comments

1. asadullah
    Oct 19, 2012 @ 20:54:34

achi pics nahi use ki

2. sila
    Oct 19, 2012 @ 21:25:54

Sanam baloch is the one who is best at making someone cry with her and feel her pain.

• abcd
      Oct 20, 2012 @ 08:20:59

Her crying looks fake to me.
      I don't know about Sumbul Iqbal but the rest of them are spot on!

• momi
      Oct 20, 2012 @ 12:16:42

i agree with Sila sanam deserves a place in this list

3. abcd
    Oct 20, 2012 @ 09:23:26

I love the last line I think u should do 5 who cannot cry LOL

4. bano
    Oct 20, 2012 @ 14:53:19

samiya to hansay bhi to lagta hy ro rahi hay

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Sumbal is alright..I like her..but she's not as good as the others.

Sanam Baloch was awesome in Dastaan & Daam..I would've liked to see her name here..but Aamina Sheikh & Saba Qamar are hands down great at emotional scenes.

And Mahirah? Mahirah may be a favorite on this forum..but lets be real...her crying is selectively good ..depending upon the scene. No way is she good as Samiya, Ayesha, Saba or Aamina..Her being put up against Sumbal could be debatable..but the likes of Sanam Baloch who has excelled in dramas like Dastaan & Daam with her crying didn't make it to this list, let alone Mahirah.

-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
sanam baloch made me cry in dastaan...and anita kamphor( senior actress) in the same serial.(after the riots) i have never cried like that before...it was my ugly cry😭

sumbul cant make me pay attention let alone cry...she is horrible at acting, dont know if she has improved.

amina sheikh and saba are great though i havent cried with them
and samiya is only a one role actress...MZZBN was her only achievment.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: happyviewer

sanam baloch made me cry in dastaan...and anita kamphor( senior actress) in the same serial.(after the riots) i have never cried like that before...it was my ugly cry😭

sumbul cant make me pay attention let alone cry...she is horrible at acting, dont know if she has improved.

amina sheikh and saba are great though i havent cried with them
and samiya is only a one role actress...MZZBN was her only achievment.

It's so weird how the girl who actually made us cry.Sanam as Bano..isn't up there on the list. I cried literally while watching Dastaan so many times..even while watching the ending of Daam..the confrontation scene between Aamina and Sanam was beautiful. The way she tells her "friend" that she wasn't whom she thought she was, was touchy.

For Aamina and Saba..I haven't cried with them either..but I always feel their characters' pain when they emote, especially when crying. However, with Saba..while watching Thakan..I think I almost got teary quite a few times in the initial episodes. Her character's struggle to support her weird family was so close to perfection.
Star_001 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
mahira should be in this list
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
mahira is great but her roles have not been such in which you cry with her...atleast i havent, i feel sorry for them, but not cry...but thats me.

i agree with starstruck...sanam in daam was awsome...and dastaan is her best performance...so many scenes in dastaan made me cry, not just sanam...it was the story i guess...the struggle and sacrifices that our ancestors went through to get pakistan.

Amina cries the best, but i havent felt her pain yet, not that she hasnt blew it out of the park...it all depends on the story telling...i mean amina cried buckets in mora piya...and she did full justice to the role, but i could only feel sorry for her, but it didnt touch me so much to make me cry.

sabas performance in pani jaisa pyar, after the rape and confronting her mom, made me teary eyed...saba is also a great actor.
Usman. thumbnail

Originally posted by: happyviewer

mahira is great but her roles have not been such in which you cry with her...atleast i havent, i feel sorry for them, but not cry...but thats me.

i agree with starstruck...sanam in daam was awsome...and dastaan is her best performance...so many scenes in dastaan made me cry, not just sanam...it was the story i guess...the struggle and sacrifices that our ancestors went through to get pakistan.

Amina cries the best, but i havent felt her pain yet, not that she hasnt blew it out of the park...it all depends on the story telling...i mean amina cried buckets in mora piya...and she did full justice to the role, but i could only feel sorry for her, but it didnt touch me so much to make me cry.

sabas performance in pani jaisa pyar, after the rape and confronting her mom, made me teary eyed...saba is also a great actor.

This was the scene i was about to mention. For me this serial was turning point in Saba's career.

I agree with the list barring Sumbul.. She definitely needs improvement.

and i agree with Starstruck & HV about Mahirah
Taify thumbnail

plx.. no Mahira!

PS: is Sania Saeed good at crying?
Rabz_14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Saba n Sanam are great at crying scenes...
Mahira is also good in crying scenes but not always..
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Usman.

This was the scene i was about to mention. For me this serial was turning point in Saba's career.

I agree with the list barring Sumbul.. She definitely needs improvement.

and i agree with Starstruck & HV about Mahirah

I totally forgot..Saba gave me the chills during many scenes in Pani Jaisa Pyar. She was phenomenal in that drama to say the least. All of her crying scenes were so natural.