-Sania- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Clash of the Titans

Posted by Faraz On October - 18 - 2012

Kehtey hain khamooshi toofan ka peshkhaima hoti hai. Dam that was one hard urdu proverb isn't? Okay let me try to translate it exactly in English, "silence is the announcement of a tornado on its way". Ajeeb si baat hogai yehi tou :) but as one of my balochi friend abbas bhai says. "Point samjh ana chahey baat chahy ghalat English mein hoo "

Mein bhi kitni faltu baatein likhta hoon :) hain na? Itni lambi chori "tamheed" bandhi hai so that I could talk about the upcoming dramas that are all poised to start in the next season. And especially the ones in the weekend slot. Yup! App bhi samjh gaye mein kya kehney wala hoon :) a few weeks ago, I had completely stopped watching TV shows. Bilqees kaur was the last show that I had watched with the, "Sab kaam chor do drama dekho" attitude. And after that it was all dull and dry period. Not many shows impressing me. Some starting on a very high note, however losing their mark in the middle somewhere. All of a sudden it seemed there wasn't anything good to watch. Shows like Mera yakeen, Roshan Sitara Merey dard ko ji zuban miley all becoming thuss patakaha with time, with Shehr e zaat looking strictly decent.

But not until I had watched the promo of Tanhaiyan (Sequel), which is about to start on Saturday Oct 20th 2012. So here's the deal. All of a sudden we are looking at Saturday slot with big dramas. Let's take a quick look at all the 3 dramas that will be coming on Saturday 8-9 pm slot and see how the competition is shaping up.

Bari Appa: This one is my fav these days. Why? Well I will be biased here. It's a samira Fazal Serial so humari website Kisi channel ki PRO ho ya na ho.. PRO Samira Fazal tou hai hi hai :) . So don't expect me to say anything against SF and my firm belief on her was supported with Bari Appa coming off with flying colors. Its been 7 weeks of pure Bari appa entertainment, the twist, the home made politics, the excellent direction and to top it all, brilliant acting of Savera nadeem, Nauman Ijaz and Aisha khan, is all that's making this serial go stronger and stronger week after week, .Bari appa was this dark horse that no one saw coming and that exactly worked out to its favor.

LEKIN!!!! Abb maza aya ga khel ka :D oh yeah! With Aik Nayee Cinderalla starting on a very strong note last week , Bari Appa has gotten a serious competitor.

I have always had this thing with A&B Production. They always start off on a very strong note. But down the line they always loose the plot. However since It has the deadly duo of Akbari Ashgari fame. i.e Faiza Iftikhar and one of my Fav Director, Haissam Hussian, This Show is really looking promising. The producers took a real gamble by having Fresh new faces for this show. And it's safe to say that af the 1st episode this drama hasn't disappointed at all. With the hero entry still on the cards. The competition looks really stiff. Per itna competition tou chalta hi hai naa? However!!!! Here comes the real twist. :P kahani mein new entry ati hai Tanhaiyan (sequal) say.

Hahahaha ,, Gabbar Khush howa' bohat Khush howa..

We never saw Tanhaiyan coming did we? Tanahiyan has to be the darkest horse that has all of a sudden gotten everyone interested and why not? Sab say pehlay its Tanhiyaan after all, but even if we, for the sake of argument, not think about its cult reputation, let's look at the names tied to.

Being backed by one of the biggest FMCG Company, Tanhaiyan boasts off names like Marina Khan (Director) Haseena moin & Mohammad Ahmed (Writer) and the veteran actors like Behroz Sabzwari, Badar Khalil, Marina Khan, Asif Raza mir , Javed Sheikh , and fresh faces like Syra yusuf, Alishba yusuf, Shehryar munwaar and shehroz Sabwari. Plus we can also not forget the fact that, Tanhiyan will be played simultaneously on PTV as well as ARY. Which means the areas where we still don't have Hum, ARY or Geo, they will be watching Tanhiyan atleast, and this makes it a very strong contender.

So Sat 20 oct 2012 is going to be one hell of a ride. With TV Channels competing against each other for the no 1 slot, the competition looks very strong.

And to top it all we will have Zindagi Gulzar hai , which marks the directorial comeback of Sultana Siddiqui.aur jee haan, App sab kay fav and chaheetay Fawad khan. With the story adaptation from Umera ahmed's Novel. This show is also poised to start on very strong note, however here is another twist. The day when it is suppose to go on air is Oct 26th. Now here is the thing. It will be bakra Eid Chand Raat, so my personal suggestion is that HUM TV should delay it to next Friday. Or are they up for the challenge? Because most of the people will be busy with Eid Preparations. So khain fawad bhaiya qurban hi na hoojaein :D

So here you go. The next season is looking very stiff. And to top it all we have couple of very promising weekday serials like daag, ik tammanna la hasil si ,Meri behan Maya, Maya and Mera pehla Pehla pyar as well. In mein say bhi koi serial upper ajaye to muqabla aur sakht :)..

But for aam janta :) and normal TV viewing people like us. It seems like a festival :) kya dekhin aur kya na dekhin , however let me be very honest, It will be a survival of the fittest. Jo Jeeta wohi sikandar, the next season is tough, 1 weak episode, and viewers will switch to a different channel :) however this has to be one of the best times of Pakistani Drama industry.Per jo bhi ho' We are all in for some fantabolus Entertainment.

Bring it on!!!

PS: Where is Mehreen Jabbar? Oh no :P wouldn't it be a roller coaster ride if her drama goes on air in this season as well , hahahaha Gabbar khush howa.. bohat khush howa!!!!!!!

Edited by -Sania- - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
who wrote this and who proofread it? so many grammatical errors..

there's "an" before vowels.. someone tell her
Edited by -ChillMahaul- - 11 years ago
simplytoxic thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

^^^lol, got so lost in the grammatical errors:P

But it's actually interesting about the saturday slot, will be three biggies on all the channels. Wonder which one will turn out to be the winner.

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
No more moving ZGH pleaseee.
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Tanhaiyan sequel... i'm so looking forward to it..