Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

teenindia_usa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
namaste gudia luv u missed u lots so what u think on this idea of a dress contest?
Sumesh I was away on internship or would have surely wished u and wife Antara....

Ahmed/GG missed u... want u too participate and maybe write some words as we that is ur sis gudia is planning afanfic/writingcompetition...on preity...
balh_luvr thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
didi i think the idea of dress contest is great didi tommorow didi i will post a few ideas aswell didi i have a few that will look astonishing i am sure

aur hanji didi will start the fanfic on priety zinta tommorow aswell didi but i really hope you and ahmed bhaiya participate
and so do the rest of the pz fan club
and missed you tons didi and also love ya tons didi
Too_Much thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
that is good gudia........i think 1 should take responsibility and send pm to most of the members active once and inform abt this contests....so that they will get interest and participate.....as ur didi informed me that ur idea abt story one it is good and hope all participate....regarding me i cant promise busy with work and personal matters....so if mental state fine then sure will write...but cant promise but will be waiting for every ones story
teenindia_usa thumbnail

Originally posted by: guess_gallery

that is good gudia........i think 1 should take responsibility and send pm to most of the members active once and inform abt this contests....so that they will get interest and participate.....I will as well as work permits miss u gudia my sweet sister and miss My Pari

gudia urbhai will participate when work load is less and all he has informed his Pari and that he sweet...we all surely willbe happy in seeing his work...

Members appreciate all those involved in dress contest...I would appreciate all getting involved here and making it great one....

Ash when time Pm members, Sumesh u made ur Antara's party a success try here as well. Gudia looking too see ur writing tommorrow and Ahmed will awiait urs(in mean time post words to the preety one)...

Other Members those who said will partake indress competitiojn please PM Hr ki sayonni (Ash) and will ask her if ok to post here....

Edited by teenindia_usa - 18 years ago
sumesh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
thanks angie...I thougth u come early with Preity's party wear....

Komal come with ash's wear & attended party !!!

Anwyays nw party is over...hangover nw !!!
teenindia_usa thumbnail
i am doing an internship if our party was on the weekend
I surely would have yet since a weekday and at intership was unable to....well glad u and Antara enjoyed as well as others sure the party was a smash..

Right now we having a makeover 4 preity and want as many enteries as possible and our Ash here is handling that..

we also have writingcontest and Gudia is handling that and writing as well...as will Ahmed/GG..

as 4dresscontest will need judges and all and u know urs with Antara was a hit...
Edited by teenindia_usa - 18 years ago
Too_Much thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
FANNAH SHAYERIES.........ENJOY

Bul karke bhi humse koi bhul hui ho to,

Bhul samjkar use bhla dena,

Lekin bhulana sirf Bhul ko,

Galti se bhi Hume na Bhulana.

Be khudishi jindgi hum jiya nahi karte,

Jam dusro se chin kar hum piya nahi karte,

Unko mohobbat hai to aake Izhar kare,

Pich hum bhi kisi ka kiya nahi karte.

Humse dur jao ge kaise,

Dilse hume bhulaoge kaise,

Hum to khushbu hai jo sanso me baste hai,

khud ki sanso ko rok paonge kaise.

vinit_fan thumbnail
GR8 idea pari didi... it will be lotss of fun with those contest.... 😛

Preity rockzzzz !!!! 👏

Btw hiiiiiii gg bhaiya 😛
vinit_fan thumbnail

'Kabhi Alvida...' a treat for music lovers 😳

By Priyanka Bedi, New Delhi: After the huge musical hits "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai", "Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham" and "Kal Ho Naa Ho", Karan Johar has hit the right notes again with "Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna", which is already a chartbuster.

He has once more teamed up with composers Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy and lyricist Javed Akhtar, who gave the music of "Kal Ho Naa Ho", and the outcome is enthralling.

Although Johar's forte is romance, he ventures into a different kind of love story this time - and the music reflects it too.

The opening track is the title song "Kabhi alvida naa kehna", a slow and sad number sung beautifully by Alka Yagnik and Sonu Nigam with enjoyable beats.

The next track "Mitwa", which starts with "Love will find a way, jaaniye, heeriyain" sung by Caralisa and Shankar Mahadevan, hooks listeners instantly. Thanks to Pakistani singer Shafqat Amanat Ali, who has churned out catchy tunes by fusing Pakistani and Indian classical music.

If music lovers fell for "It's the time to disco" from "Kal Ho Naa Ho", they will also love "Where's the party tonight". The romantic and sentimental track sung by Shaan and Vasundhara Das is also a blend of Indian and Western music.

"Tumhi dekho naa", sung by Alka and Sonu, is the best song of the album. It has the feel of "Suraj hua maddham" and "Kuch to hua hai" and is a feast for the ears.

"Mitwa Revisited" is the remix version of the song "Mitwa" which sounds quite trendy and cool.

Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy once again have Amitabh Bachchan jiving to their tunes in "Rock 'n roll soniye". Shankar's voice modulation may have many thinking that Amitabh himself has sung the number.

The last track, "Farewell trance", is an instrumental number and is worth listening.

Overall, the album is good and it is already topping music charts. Those who liked the music in Johar's earlier films must listen to this one too.

Johar returns to big screen after five years with "Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna", which is one of the most anticipated movies of 2006 with huge star cast - Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Abhishek Bachchan, Preity Zinta and Rani Mukerji.

source: musicindiaonline.com
vinit_fan thumbnail
Music review of KANK-Brilliance All The Way

The marketing whiz kid is back. He also happens to be a fine Filmmaker. Karan Johar's much awaited Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna is all set for a grand August release. Its music was recently released amidst fanfare in London as well as at the IIFA Weekend in Dubai. The CD priced only at Rs. 99/- has seven brilliantly produced tracks and is complemented by a surprise video trailer as well. Composer threesome Shankar Ehsaan Loy as expected, have done an excellent job. Each song has been treated with exceptional care. There is a Kal Ho Na Ho hangover in the basic idea of the entire album, but one doesn't mind the end result as long as the final product makes you feel satiated. And asking for more!

Tum Ko Bhi Hai Khabar
Mujh Ko Bhi Hai Pata
Ho Raha Hai Juda
Dono Ka Rasta
Door Ja Ke Bhi Mujhse
Tum Meri Yaadon Mein Rehna
Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna...

Wordsmith Javed Akhtar pierces the heart with simple emotions that tug at the strings binding relationships. A melancholic piano begins the proceedings interspersed by the terse flute and a chorus of violin strings. It's a song delineating upon the unpredictable distance in human bonds and the subsequent compromises. Even though the parting is inevitable, one wishes to stay connected in a subliminal undefined way. Unpretentious tabla rhythm loop, a somber flute shadowing constantly and the piano-strings combination carries the song effortlessly. Sonu Nigam and Alka Yagnik do full justice to the finer nuances of the layered meaning of the lyrics by incorporating a generous dose of pathos. A song you'd love to cry with while driving alone on a wet road remembering someone special when the rain has just stopped. Play it again dude.

Jo hai ankahi/ jo hai ansuni/ Voh baat kya hai bataa...Mitwa... : Love will find a way. Acoustic guitar strums along in a languid laidback manner. The rock guitar appears from nowhere followed by a tabla-dholak combo in a typical Karan-Johan style. Mitwa is one number that will rock the nation with its sheer universality. It makes your feet tap frivolously while the smile dances on your lips for the stupendous energy level in this number is infectious. A beautiful mix of Western and Indian Classical, the jugalbandi between Sarod and the peppy beats is an absolute treat. Shafqat Amanat Ali's vocals are the highlight of this song. He sings with a lot of heart and all you guys are going to hear a lot from him in the future. Shankar Mahadevan's classical alaap and Caralisa's sensuous vocals gives Mitwa a taste of fantastic opposites. It's a number that will appeal to all age groups. And has HIT written all over it.

Mitwa Revisited : the remix version by Sel and Indrajit Sharma dashes on the dance floor in a split second. It's a Club Mix with an up-tempo beat. The musical arrangements are an all out attempt at serenading the young-n-hip crowd that loves to groove to the Exceptional Beat. The flavour of the original is maintained while the female chorus Love will find a way is repeated often to give a catchy hook-line for the youngsters to scream while dancing-as-if-possessed. The catchy fillers and the vocoder effect gives this remixed delight an orgasmic feeling. Mitwa Revisited An absolute sharpshooter!

Where's the Party Tonight : is an amalgamation of It's the Time to Disco and Mahi Ve from Kal Ho Na Ho. This retro mix starts with a keyboard generated electronic sound something in the mould of Scatman followed by the trademark tabla-dholak combo. To be honest, too much of repetition of a good thing starts sounding predictable. Maybe, too much of this tabla-dholak combo should have been avoided. Thankfully, what follows is high powered electronic beats and techno sound. A song for the dance floor and it succeeds in doing that all right. Shaan and Vasundhara Das stand out for their smiling singing style while Loy does the talking like a DJ-in-the-house, Shankar Mahadevan's eclectic singing portions are needless. Nevertheless, Where's The Party Tonight, kicks bass. Play it for me baby...One more time.

Tumhi Dekho Na : starts with its cherubic piano strains, one is reminded of the title track of Kal Ho Na Ho. The Dhaphli-loop confirms it further, but then it veers into another direction. I would say, there's no harm in taking inspiration from one's own incomparable work for Kal Ho Na Ho was a fabulous number. As for Tumhi Dekho Na, well, credit goes to Alka Yagnik who sings in a brilliantly restrained manner while Sonu Nigam is his usual dependable self. An ode to love, this song celebrates the unpredictable nature of the bond between man-woman. Bonds that have no name yet exist. It's not merely friendship. The unexplained gets on the road to togetherness while the minimalistic music arrangements, compliments the need for silences. The piano piece takes the cake for its honesty. Caressing Flute sections, tingling acoustic guitar fillers and the sky of fulsome strings makes this song an enchanting experience.

Hey...What's with you baby/ I have never never felt like this way before... : ... Shaan croons in his Ronan Keating voice and the mood is set for a rock-n-roll-retro-meets-bhangra-beats. A song for the Asian expatriates living in US, UK and elsewhere. Its Shava Shava time guys, conjoined by jazz piano. With a bit of old numbers thrown in for that Sooraj Barjatya antakshari feel, this number will go down well with everybody. The picturisation of this song will make it even more endearing with the masses. Shankar Mahadevan is in his element as he traverses the various moods, pitches and flavours involved in this electrifying number. Shaan and Mahalakshmi Iyer compliment him well.

Farewell Trance : by DJ Shane is a club instrumental of the title track Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna with a few words by Shweta Pandit and Caralisa.Never ever say goodbye Angelic female chorus line dots this well produced trance track which will find better response in the clubs in UK. For in India, we are still hooked on to the voice based stuff. Somehow instrumental clubby tracks are not the usual norm out here while the kids abroad are more open to such experiments.

KANK music is oozing freshness. Moreover, the production quality is top class. It's an album that you'd love to play on and on, gift to friends and loved ones. And also treasure in your music collection of all time greats. 😃