OS- Nestled within her (Part 2 on pg. 6)

---Nisha--- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
Part 1

The two pink lines kept staring at Ria, taunting her. A thousand thoughts kept running through her head. How could this happen? How could she be'? What would she do now? No she couldn't be'she looked up and stared at her horrified reflection in the mirror. She placed her hand on her belly and gasped'no this couldn't be.

Her cell phone rang startling her. She quickly picked up the phone.

"Riya we have another case. We are all going to the murder site. Tum bhi vahi poohocho," Rathore sir informed her.

"Yes sir. Sir I don't feel well today. I have been sick all day. Can I please take the day off," she said.

"Uh okay." He disconnected the phone.

Riya was glad she had the day off because she looked like hell personified. Tears stained her cheeks, her eyes were puffy, her mascara running down forming dark circles underneath her eyes. God, what was she going to do now she thought thinking about the pink lines again. She was in no state to work today.

Riya went to her doctor in the afternoon and got her check-up. She needed to know the truth.

"Riya you are pregnant. You are three months along." Her first reaction was one of utter bliss. She was so happy that she had a part of him nestled within her. She touched her belly and smiled. But then her world crashed when she thought of how she would actually raise this child'how would she tell Arjun sir? What would she say? He had been ignoring her like the plague since that night and this news'he would probably lose it. He still hadn't gotten over his wife's death otherwise he wouldn't have ignored her all these weeks. He wouldn't have that guilty look on his face when he looked her. But still she couldn't deny that she was happy that she held a part of him. No matter what he said and did when he finds out, he could never take that part of him away from her.

Riya headed home and tried to rest her nerves the rest of the day but all she succeeded in doing was thinking of all the negative outcomes. What would happen with her job? She loved Arjun sir, but she loved her job too. She had always dreamed of being an officer, but with the pregnancy she wouldn't be able to do her job. She set aside all those thoughts and tried to rest her eyes late that night.

The next morning Riya headed to work.

"Riya are you feeling better now?" Shree asked as soon as she got there. "Better," she answered.

"Chottu, Shree can you update Riya on the case."

"Riya the victim's name is Shaileen Shergill. She was murdered in at her work at about 12 at midnight. Shaileen lived here in Mumbai away from her family because she worked here as a marine biologist. She lived alone and she had a boyfriend Karan Aapte. Apparently she overheard a few people talking when she stayed over her work late at night and she heard something that we believe caused her death. A few people were talking about illegally transporting gun ammunition through the ships she and her coworkers used. Her boss was helping them in this. We know all this because she recorded the conversation but the murdered didn't think to check her phone and we found it." Chottu said.

"We have a location of these illegal smugglers. We are leaving in five minutes. So get ready Riya. Quickly." Shree said.

Riya agreed but halfheartedly. She was worried about her safety, perhaps she shouldn't go.

"Rathore sire, can I talk to you."

"Not now Riya we have to hurry."

She was about to protest when he walked away fitting his gun in his holster. Shit. She would have to go now. She would have to talk to Rathore sir afterwards. She would just make sure she remained safe; she would have to remain highly alert.

They reached the site where the smugglers were within 10 minute. Rathore sir told Riya and Arjun to in through the back entrance.

Riya and Arjun sir ran towards the back entrance with their weapons raised. They entered through the back entrance quietly and made their way through the abandoned house. They heard some voices. Then one of the men looked up and spotted Arjun and yelled. The smugglers raised their weapon and open fire started between the smugglers and ETF team.

Riya had hid behind a counter and started firing as well when someone came up behind her and hit her on the head knocking her out.

Arjun heard Riya scream and looked over. "Riya," he froze. He shot the last smuggler who had hit Riya and ran over towards her. "Riya wake up."

But she didn't wake up.

"Raute what happened?"

"They knocked her out. The wound looks really bad. We have to take her to the hospital."

The ETF team took Riya to the hospital and admitted her. Half an hour later the doctor came out and asked them, "we had to do a blood work to figure out her blood group and we ound out she was pregnant. Why didn't anyone tell me that. Anyways, I asked the gynecologist to check her."

Arjun was shocked. He stood still. Time stood still.

Riya woke up in a hospital room. "Miss Riya you are awake. How are you feeling now?"

"What happened? I have a headache and owhhh," she said when she touched the back of her head.

"Don't touch the wound. You were hit on the head and you lost consciousness. I am nurse Mira by the way. If you need anything then flip the switch."

She said that and left. Her baby'."

"Wait nurse. I am pregnant. If my baby'" she asked scared to even finish the sentence.

"The baby is fine," she said with a smile. Riya exhaled a breath she hadn't known she was holding. Thank god. In that moment she realized how much this child mattered to her. Her job meant nothing in front of her baby. She hadnt even known she could love something that didnt even exist yet. She touched her belly and smiled slightly. What would she have done had she lost the baby?

She removed her hand from her belly when Rathore sir, Shree, Chottu and Arjun sir walked in then.

"Riya tum theek hoon?" Rathore sir asked.

"Yes sire."

"Good. Why didn't you tell me that you are'? I wouldn't have let you come to this mission. What were you thinking Riya?"

Riya was shocked. Did they all know that she was pregnant? God what would they think about her?

"I am sorry sir. I was going to tell you but you were in a hurry and plus I didn't know how to'" she said trying to not think about the fact that Arjun sir knew now. She felt his gaze on her but she avoided it.

"Okay lets go guys. Let her rest," Rathore sir said.

Chottu and Shree told her to get well soon and then left. Rathore sir walked towards the door and turned to look at Arjun sir. He looked like he was about to ask Arjun sir to leave but then stopped when he saw his face.

---------

I will try to update soon but no promises. I have got so much other stuff going on...

Edited by ---Nisha--- - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

elle.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
ommg...this is gonna b intrestinng...pllz update soon
nnd pllz pm me :):)
NeethuEli thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Wonderful start.
Update soon.
Radhi12 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6
Really  nice.
Continue soon...
sunshine94 thumbnail
omg..u decide to stop at a point where our breath is stuck,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.😭

yeh toh injustice hai yaar

but 😊
but😛
but😃
u r one hell of an amazing writer😉

congratz n thanks for writin👏

waitin for the continued part😳
Rong_ria thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Update it as soon as possible...
grad2011 thumbnail