The dialogues in Shehr e Zaat's episode 15

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Let me start off by saying I'm a huge fan of Umera Ahmed's work. I love her dialogues and way of writing..but I didn't like some of her dialogues in the recent episode that aired..more so because I don't agree with what she was trying to say.

Why did Falak have to say something like I wish I wasn't rich so I could've been more closer to God and thus had a connection with God. I find this quite flawed. Why not say ..why have we been so greedy and selfish that we can't even be thankful to God for all that He has given us? I mean I get the point that because she has everything she has never ever thought of God..but is that REALLY Falak's problem? No. Her problem is that she was never taught about having a relationship with God..she was never taught to be thankful to God for what she has which others may not have. Also, as an adult too..she was so full of herself and her wishes etc she never pondered about anything but herself..that's called being self absorbed more than anything else.

What I also didn't understand is that a person who's poor..what do they ask for? to become rich..to have an easy life..to have everything that they don't. Moreover, some people that are poor like rich people forget God as well..because they think that their life is so unfair, and they have been hit with tragedy after tragedy etc and in thinking so, they have either a weak faith or no connection at all with God. Just take a look at our dramas..what do they show the poor doing?..(well most of them)..aiming for stuff that they don't have - whether it's a rich life partner, luxuries etc etc .

Point is..Umera could've written those dialogues better..I understand what she was trying to say..but you can't categorize people like that. Rich or poor..people can have a weak connection with God either way...it's as if she was trying to say if you're rich then you're too selfish otherwise you're fine..hmm, no that's not always the case Umera.

Did anyone else feel this way?
Edited by starstruckk - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rabz_14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i think they mean tht Falak was so engrossed in enjoying her luxuries tht she never prayed or Thanked Allah for what she has...they'r just telling us wat happened wid Falak...its not a generalization tht rich ppl arent religious...but yes this line was confusing..n ofcourse its true tht she was never taught about having a relationship with God..
but its just tht she never considered anything more imp than these expensive Worldly things..
I agree, those dialogues could have been written better!
I mean what are they trying to show...that poor people are loved by Allah and rich people arent?!
thats not true
Allah loves and forgives ANYONE who repents for their mistakes
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
everyone is equal in the eyes of Allah, what differentiates us is Taqwa.
simplytoxic thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
The way I understood it was that Falak meant that if she was poor, then at least she would have prayed to Allah for getting a better life. You get easily drawn to Allah in your troubled times. You might not be religious but you at least remember him while asking for a better life. Then she would have at least had SOME kind of relationship to Allah... She has had everything in life and never felt the NEED to ask for anything. And in this way, she lived a life without any hardships, being selfish and selfabsorbed...being oblivious to the fact that there is a higher force that has actually provided her this comfortable life.
I know what she meant...But the dialogues could have been written in a better way
Also, its not necessary that poor people pray and rich people dont right?
Some people have nothing in life and still dont pray... Some people have everything and still have a strong faith
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Yeah, I understand the point Umera was trying to make..but the dialogues were flawed. You can be anyone, as long as you have a strong Imaan..God will listen to you, regardless and you can have a connection. If the rich forget their connection with God, then so do the poor and the middle class...and then there are the exact opposite kind of people too.

I honestly think being the writer Umera is..she should've realized this before writing those dialogues as it ruined the scene for me. My sister and I were just left discussing how the dialogues didn't make sense when the scene was directed and acted well...however, it lost its essence in my opinion because I was too busy trying to figure out why Umera wrote the dialogues the way she did. Why couldn't Falak just say why aren't we thankful for what we have especially since so many other people don't have the things we have..something like that..it would've made more sense than what was actually said how she wishes she was poor to have a connection with God.
Edited by starstruckk - 11 years ago