Reviews: Sirat-e-mustaqeem TVKahani

Taify thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

06 Oct 2012

REVIEWS: Siraat-e-Mustaqeem Express Entertainment Full Drama Review

I know this one has been pending for a really long time; however, I just couldn't decide where to begin with. And now that I am bed ridden, thanks to a fractured foot, I decided to pen down my review on the only Express Entertainment's serial I watch, Siraat-e-Mustaqim.
Do not let the name foot you. S-E-M is not on the lines of Pul Sirat. It does not talk or revolve around religion. It is a story of a man who does nothing but roams around. He falls in love with a woman; however, it received a negative reaction resulting in the man evading from his place and reaching a big city.
On paper the serial looks interesting. Honestly, the first few episodes were brilliant. The initial romantic track worked, but things turned sour the moment the story shifted to Karachi. I understand that there is a lack of stories, which is why writers are presenting a khichdi to us.
Sarwat Nazeer writes a fair screen play that highlights the plight of women and other social issues. However, the thing is that her pen goes awry at places, as she is unable to connect a few dots initially. One wonder about sudden twists (I.e: The whole Sami father's affair thing made no sense to me).
The dialogues are not fascinating, and so is the editing. The OST is something I couldn't bother about. Production values lack perfection. May be it has something to do with the channel, because the prod. house itself is associated with great prod. vaules.
Now, to the acting… I had been waiting for Sami Khan to show his acting talent. In a conversation I had at the time he was busy doing same serials, he said that he was planning to do different things, especially characters with negative shades.
I must congratulate Sami Khan for pulling off this role, which has various shades. His body language and dialogue delivery are perfect as the goon. He actually makes you like him. Bravura performance! I hope to see more of such acting from this man.
Fiza Ali is irritating. I am sorry but I cannot find another word to describe the actress who makes me scowl whenever she is on air. This is an extension of her over-the-top character from Mehndi… or may be it is because it doesn't matter what character she is playing, she is always the same. The character demanded her to be that way but she just ruins it at places. Sami Khan's first love in the serial got nothing to do but move around.
Firdaus Jamal and Azra Aftab do justice to their characters. Firdaus Jamal, even though has done such roles before, actually impresses. Nasreen Qureshi doesn't get to do much. Imran Arooj is gradually improving. Good thing! Miss Hocaine still needs to improve her expressions and dialogues; however, she seems to be working on it already. Her on-screen husband has a lot of potential.
Overall, Sirat-e-Mustaqeem is a fair show that is interesting in bits and parts. It starts off well, goes downhill and then picks up again. Sami Khan definitely is the highlight of the serial that doesn't offer anything new, but still entertains. A passable affair!

Ratings:

by admin in Reviews Tags: sirat e mustaeem review drama, sirat e mustaqim review

2 Comments

1. alisha
    Oct 06, 2012 @ 09:06:18

injured?

2. maha
    Oct 06, 2012 @ 10:56:54

This is an over rated drama, even 2.5 star rating is too much

Leave a Reply

Your Name *

Your Email *

Your Website