Frequent Posters

Posted: 11 years ago
I started watching saat pardon mein
Mikaals acting is too repetitive in this show
he acts the same as he does in sez
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I haven't watched Saat Pardon Mein yet but from the mere promos you could tell his character is somewhat if not completely similar to that of Salman's..which could lead back to his acting being similar. Mikaal gets typecasted as the rich, know it all guy way too much (so not too sure if Mr. Darcy would be repetitive for him too, although I do think he could pull it off) which is why I mentioned earlier in this thread that actors like Mikaal and even Fawad need to opt for versatility more often if they wanna be ranked amongst the likes of Fahad Mustafa etc because despite getting good work, they're still not there yet in my opinion.
Edited by starstruckk - 11 years ago
serendipity. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
you yourself said that Fawad is a brilliant actor and can pull off anything, then why do you say he isnt close to perfect and cant carry out all roles? how is he typecasted? agreed, most of his roles have been similar, (tbh i havent even seen ALL his work) i havent seen Ashk and so i dunno what kinda role he plays in there, but he has experimented with his roles, and no, im sorry, u cant deny it, i know you dont like Humsafar, cz frankly, he did not have a scope as an actor in Humsafar... and thats the reason he wasnt sure about doing it, cz hes a very project/matter oriented actor and would love doing different/varied roles, his role as Asher was very close to what Hassan in Dastaan was, cz he was a SIMPLE guy, like THE norm main exist karne wala, NORMAL banda, who loves, cares, has emotions of all kinds and well, yes, romantic to an extent, but thats it, whereas all the other roles that he's done are different...
i dont think theres similarity...
i mean look at it from Jutt and Bond... to Daastaan and Akbari Asghari, Sarmad in Khuda Kay Liye... Kuch pyaar ka Pagalpan... everything is poles apart, what part of it is similar? its just that his role in Humsafar and Dastaan was simple and didnt require out of the world acting skills, thats why the 2 roles are always compared, and to be honest, most appreciated, so i dont think, he as an actor, for once, is typecasted.. 🤔
Fahad and FQ, no doubt, theyre complete actors, although i;d like seeing FAK do much much more than what he has to date...
Edited by -Afridimalikk- - 11 years ago
Mikaal plays the role of an actor in SPM :P
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Afridimalikk-

you yourself said that Fawad is a brilliant actor and can pull off anything, then why do you say he isnt close to perfect and cant carry out all roles? how is he typecasted? agreed, most of his roles have been similar, (tbh i havent even seen ALL his work) i havent seen Ashk and so i dunno what kinda role he plays in there, but he has experimented with his roles, and no, im sorry, u cant deny it, i know you dont like Humsafar, cz frankly, he did not have a scope as an actor in Humsafar... and thats the reason he wasnt sure about doing it, cz hes a very project/matter oriented actor and would love doing different/varied roles, his role as Asher was very close to what Hassan in Dastaan was, cz he was a SIMPLE guy, like THE norm main exist karne wala, NORMAL banda, who loves, cares, has emotions of all kinds and well, yes, romantic to an extent, but thats it, whereas all the other roles that he's done are different...

i dont think theres similarity...
i mean look at it from Jutt and Bond... to Daastaan and Akbari Asghari, Sarmad in Khuda Kay Liye... Kuch pyaar ka Pagalpan... everything is poles apart, what part of it is similar? its just that his role in Humsafar and Dastaan was simple and didnt require out of the world acting skills, thats why the 2 roles are always compared, and to be honest, most appreciated, so i dont think, he as an actor, for once, is typecasted.. 🤔
Fahad and FQ, no doubt, theyre complete actors, although i;d like seeing FAK do much much more than what he has to date...

You're making it seem like I degraded Fawad..read your last sentence, which is:
"although i;d like seeing FAK do much much more than what he has to date..."

I didn't say anything much different...what I pinpointed with your post is that Fawad can not be ranked with the likes of Faisal Qureshi and be called perfect just yet..How can Fawad & Faisal Q BOTH be mentioned as perfect? I love Fawad but Fawad has so much left to prove with his upcoming work in terms of versatility. Me saying he has the potential to pull off any role is a positive thing..the only thing is I don't want him to waste that talent with the same work in the future. Hassan, Asher, and now his character in ZGH all come under the romanctic genre. I'd like for him to to do intense stuff..stuff which Fahad Mustafa has attempted and Fahad as attempted almost everything at an early age..and the guy's only nearing 30 yrs. Fahad & Faisal Qureshi are actors who are appreciated by everyone..for now Fawad is a huge star amongst mostly females..for someone who's such a good actor..why should he be appreciated amongst a certain group of fans only? because his characters have been those of which females love. I'm sure there are exceptions..but his popularity should be more universal as an actor..and I want that because as an ardent Fawad fan I want him to be appreciated for the right reasons..I don't want to remember him as merely Asher..or Hassan etc etc.

Same goes for Mikaal these days. Actors need to attempt versatility..and only then you can say they're perfect..perfection has to be proven with work..me saying I believe in Fawad as an actor won't do anything unless he shows it with variety in the future. I'm not sure from what perspective you're seeing this..but I'm thinking about Fawad's best as an actor since I'm a huge fan of him.

MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Star I kinda agree with everything you said.. keeping the fact aside that I'm not very fond of Fawad.. You nailed it in whatever you said about him.. he still does have to prove a lot.. he may be the best actor for some people but he really needs to do something different which makes him prominent in people's memory and as you said even I don't want to remember him as Ashar what was even his role if we go into depth?? those roles are done to death with it was nothing path breaking or extra ordinary it was the portrayal maybe that made it better.. that being said I don't like like him but I see potential in him and I hope he uses that potential in right direction..

give credit where due I'd definitely say I liked him in KPKPBT it was one crappy drama but Mikaal and Fawad both were good..

I didn't like Mikaal at all and now I really like him I may end up liking Fawad too I'm just waiting for him to do something exrtra ordinary which makes me go waaoo this man has it..

for the time being it's only Fahad who has my dil ki chaabi 😆
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: -ChillMahaul-

Star I kinda agree with everything you said.. keeping the fact aside that I'm not very fond of Fawad.. You nailed it in whatever you said about him.. he still does have to prove a lot.. he may be the best actor for some people but he really needs to do something different which makes him prominent in people's memory and as you said even I don't want to remember him as Ashar what was even his role if we go into depth?? those roles are done to death with it was nothing path breaking or extra ordinary it was the portrayal maybe that made it better.. that being said I don't like like him but I see potential in him and I hope he uses that potential in right direction..

give credit where due I'd definitely say I liked him in KPKPBT it was one crappy drama but Mikaal and Fawad both were good..

I didn't like Mikaal at all and now I really like him I may end up liking Fawad too I'm just waiting for him to do something exrtra ordinary which makes me go waaoo this man has it..

for the time being it's only Fahad who has my dil ki chaabi 😆

lol I love Fahad too.
you know I really liked Fawad in Kuch Pyar Ka Pagalpan & even Akbari Asghari..funny how he never got much appreciation from those 2 dramas..when those 2 dramas actually were different than the usual. I guess because the story, direction weren't as strong. From what I noticed the average Fawad fan loves Fawad for his lovey dovey onscreen persona..and being a Fawad fan..I don't want him to be known for roles like Asher, or Hassan or even the character that he's playing in ZGH because I know it's that of a romantic hero...and while I think he plays a brilliant loverboy I just hope his next drama is something totally unique. He has to go for something really different and intense to branch out and show someone like you that he has the talent to do anything. I'm not sure why anyone would think I'm trying to degrade Fawad here...I'm a Fawad fan myself, lol...this is just my perspective. I say this because you have someone like Fahad on one side who from a young age has almost always tried something different, challenging etc. I think all of today's current actors should take him as an example.

MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: starstruckk

lol I love Fahad too.
you know I really liked Fawad in Kuch Pyar Ka Pagalpan & even Akbari Asghari..funny how he never got much appreciation from those 2 dramas..when those 2 dramas actually were different than the usual. I guess because the story, direction weren't as strong. From what I noticed the average Fawad fan loves Fawad for his lovey dovey onscreen persona..and being a Fawad fan..I don't want him to be known for roles like Asher, or Hassan or even the character that he's playing in ZGH because I know it's that of a romantic hero...and while I think he plays a brilliant loverboy I just hope his next drama is something totally unique. He has to go for something really different and intense to branch out and show someone like you that he has the talent to do anything. I'm not sure why anyone would think I'm trying to degrade Fawad here...I'm a Fawad fan myself, lol...this is just my perspective. I say this because you have someone like Fahad on one side who from a young age has almost always tried something different, challenging etc. I think all of today's current actors should take him as an example.

Tu hamesha correct bolti hai Jaaneman as Saif says in LAK.. soo I agree with everything you said..😆

Fahad taking an examplee.. ohh yesss..totally.. FQ, Fahad are just brilliant actors..
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
What about Sami Khan as Darcy 🤣
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
^ WOH 😳
Us bechare ko different tarah ka ek role mil jaye bahut hai 😆 Although, I think his role in Sirat-e-Mustaqeem is quite different than the typical majnoo types he's done to day.
PS- I'd LOVE to see Fahad as Mr. Darcy. End of story 😎 FAK agar karta hai to it would be great for a change in the types of roles he does, but Fahad ka I'm SURE he'll nail it 😳