REVIEWS: Sabz Pari Laal Kabutar - TVKahani

Taify thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

18 Sep 2012

REVIEWS: Sabz Pari Laal Kabutar Full Drama Review

I wasn't planning to review this one, but then I decided to. This one will be short.

Sabz Pari Laal Kabootar is a different story. It walks a brave path that serials seldom turn to these days. It highlights the darkness and helplessness of our society.

Mainly, this is about two families. SPLK shows a man who is fooled by his friend and is into peer and all. Due to this habit of his, his whole family has to suffer. He also has a brother who walks the streets as a eunuch in order to make some quick cash.

On the other side is another family from a posh society, again full of social politics. At times, both these diverse worlds crash. The serial mainly shows the plight of people, be them rich or poor.

SPLK has a strong story and compelling screenplay. Amna Mufti has always given us thought proviking serials, and this one falls in the same category again. The dialogues are strong; however, at times some scenes (or say complete episodes) are very depressing. Nevertheless, the good part is that the serial rarely loses its grip.

It is directed by Baber Javed and Furqan Khan, and like most serials (Mera Saaein 2 etc) where Furqan is calling the shots, this one suffers too. Firstly, I understand why they don't put Furqan's name on the banner. But, why give him such honorable serials? The guy is talented, but not ready to swim the tide. The direction is splendid in general, but some scene suffer. I assume, it is mainly because they were directed by Furqan? He is talented, but has a long way to go before we consider him on par with BJ.

Editing is good. I think it is a strong point of the serial, as poor editing could've totally ruined it due to stories running simultaneously. The OST is surprisingly good with strong lyrics.

Now, to acting… here the show does not belong to anyone. Almost, every actor plays his or her role well. Faysal Qureshi lives the character he portrays on screen. A very sincere performance by a very talented performer. This is among his best in recent times, after duds like Topi Drama. Nimra Buccha is an amazing actress. She reminds me of Deepti Gupta. The actress gets into the skin of the character and makes it believable with her portrayal.

I remember my discussion with Sami Khan a few months back where he promised to come up with new roles, and finally he is here. After a strong performance in Siraat-e-Mustaqeem, Sami outdoes himself in Sabz Pari. Honestly, I think someone else should've played this role. To me he does not suit the character. But, let this thing not overshadow Sami's bravo performance. It isn't easy to carry off such a role and he does it well. At least from his side, it is a sincere performance.

Mohib Mirza goes over at times but gives a decent performance nevertheless. But, what the hell is wrong with his make up? Can someone solve this puzzle for me please? Zhalay Sarhadi looks good and gives a great performance. This is the best thing about BJ's serials. He extracts amazing performances out of everyone. Lastly, Sarmad Khoosat tries to act too and this time he actually does act. Maybe this amazing director also needs an amazing director to show his acting? Hmmm!

Overall, SPLK is a serial that is made with a good intention. However, my job is to judge it from entertainment perspective, from where it flutters a little. The serial gets a little grim at times. However, the storyline is compelling enough to watch for half an hour a week.

Rating:

P.S: Personally, I did not like the title. It makes you think that it would be a sitcom or something on those lines.

by admin in Reviews Tags: sabz pari laal kabutar, sabz pari lal kabutar review, sabz pari review, sabz parui laal kaboorat review

[Edit]

6 Comments

1. bilal
    Sep 18, 2012 @ 10:31:43 [Edit]

have they changed its time? how is its ratings?

2. alishba
    Sep 18, 2012 @ 17:42:28 [Edit]

Oh, iska song nahin suna maine. Drama accha hy par thora slow lagta hay

3. momi
    Sep 18, 2012 @ 19:55:47 [Edit]

nice review. tvkahani is doing a great job it will be great if you guys also start uploading episode guides of the popular serials. it will be very convenient because if someone misses an epi they can get all the update from here

• admin
      Sep 19, 2012 @ 08:07:06 [Edit]

Thank You, Momi. We appreciate your feedback.

Well, we had been doing it earlier, but the response wasn't up to the mark. We might again start doing so for popular serials. However, we'll need volunteers for that. Let's see.

Thanks for your time.

4. maha
    Sep 19, 2012 @ 03:51:25 [Edit]

Is it me or they really have Katrina's pic there?

5. abcd
    Sep 19, 2012 @ 07:16:11 [Edit]

Have not watched this one. I find it difficult to watch serials with Sarmad in it.

Leave a Reply

Logged in as admin. Log out?