Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: hmmm...

I personally found Mahirah very convincing as Falak from 1st episode. I honestly didn't see where she acted so bad in the initial episodes. As for wearing glamorous clothes, anyone can WEAR glamorous clothes but not everyone can carry them well. I have seen saba wear sleeveless and glamorous type of clothes, but there is no way she can carry Sania Maskatiya dresses...😳. I personally dislike Sania Maskatiya's designs, but they do make a stylish statement that Falak's character needed and Mahirah carries them real well.

I think Mahira was horrible in the first few episodes. She couldn't bring out the bubbly/childish side of Falak to her best level. However, I do think she has been great in the last few episodes and I say this without any bias because I'm no Mahira fan.

I don't outfits are the main issue..I rather take an actress who can act better than the rest yet look alright in the clothing Falak's supposed to wear as opposed to an actress who looks good in such clothing yet is weak sauce with her acting skills. One thing I noticed with Mahira's acting is that she improved from the first episode till now. You may differ here, but this is how I always saw it from the very first scene. She was weak with her dialogue delivery, crying & facial expressions..towards the middle episodes she started getting better..and now she's doing just fine...but that's not what I wanna see with actresses/actors. You should be good and capable of pulling off a role from the word go. i didn't see that with Mahira here..therefore, I truly feel there are other actresses who could've been way more convincing than Mahira..with one of them being Saba Qamar. We can agree to disagree here..but I certainly don't think carrying off clothing is as important as convincingly playing a role. Moreover, at this point since Mahira is doing well..I've accepted her as Falak.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: .SilentPrincess

Almost everyone is saying Saba Qamar.. Honestly Saba has done these kinds of roles. She did Maat.. I feel that role to some point resembles Falak's..In the start..

If Saba Qamar did Falak's role.. it would be repititive for her and for us viewers..

Sanam is out the question.. Amina.. she doesn't fit the image og falak.. I don't think she could carry it.. and that's it. the top actresses..

I don't think anyone could have done it any better.. they enact it the same way MK is.. I don't know why this is even up or discussion.. If you don't like her acting.. stop watching it.. if you love SeZ so much, you still have the novel.. go read it.

Who said everyone watches the drama because of Mahira? I never watch Umera Ahmed's dramas based on the actors..you can even put the worst of the worst in her dramas but I will still watch it considering she's an awesome writer. Apart from that not everyone is gaga over Mahira's acting..like every other actress and actor out there..she too will get criticized when people feel she isn't doing the job to the best of her ability. Not sure why you're being rude about it.
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
[QUOTE=starstruckk]

Who said everyone watches the drama because of Mahira? I never watch Umera Ahmed's dramas based on the actors..you can even put the worst of the worst in her dramas but I will still watch it considering she's an awesome writer. Apart from that not everyone is gaga over Mahira's acting..like every other actress and actor out there..she too will get criticized when people feel she isn't doing the job to the best of her ability. Not sure why you're being rude about it.
[/QUOTE]same here, i do not watch any show because of actors, its usually the script and direction...umera ahmeds play becomes a must see for me...and when i started the discussion i said that mahira is the best for this role...that means sarmad made the right choice, however i wanted to explore the choices out there...didnt want to hurt mahira's fan base...no need to get offended here... no body fits the character as well as mahira...and outfits are a big part of the character...falak wouldnt look falak if it wasnt for the outfits

..i love saba qamar but i cannot see her as falak...that doesnt mean my admiration for saba is any less...it just means there is a type for all roles.
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
No one could have done it except her
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: happyviewer

same here, i do not watch any show because of actors, its usually the script and direction...umera ahmeds play becomes a must see for me...and when i started the discussion i said that mahira is the best for this role...that means sarmad made the right choice, however i wanted to explore the choices out there...didnt want to hurt mahira's fan base...no need to get offended here... no body fits the character as well as mahira...and outfits are a big part of the character...falak wouldnt look falak if it wasnt for the outfits

..i love saba qamar but i cannot see her as falak...that doesnt mean my admiration for saba is any less...it just means there is a type for all roles.

We can agree to disagree here..I personally think Mahira has grown on me later on in the show..she was never convincing to me as Falak from the first episode.,but yes, now I can say
she's doing fine, but not before..She still needs to improve as an overall actress in certain
areas...but that's just how I see it. This has nothing to do with my admiration for Saba as an actress..but rather how I've seen Mahira throughout the show and what I've seen Saba capable of pulling off as opposed to other actresses.

Edited by starstruckk - 12 years ago
-shabz- thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

We can agree to disagree here..I personally think Mahira has grown on me later on in the show..she was never convincing to me as Falak from the first episode.,but yes, now I can say
she's doing fine, but not before..She still needs to improve as an overall actress in certain
areas...but that's just how I see it. This has nothing to do with my admiration for Saba as an actress..but rather how I've seen Mahira throughout the show and what I've seen Saba capable of pulling off as opposed to other actresses.

you are right...saba is more than capable...but for some reason i cant imagine her as falak...maybe i got used to mahira as falak😃...btw, im not a fan of mahira.
itzMYattitude thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
what about ayesha khan
just came to my mind
wanna know ur views :ppp
-shabz- thumbnail

Originally posted by: itzMYattitude

what about ayesha khan

just came to my mind
wanna know ur views :ppp

if falak was a budhi aapa ...then ayesha khan would have been perfect😆

sweetcharms thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Mahira is doing a gr8 job in Shz 👍🏼
im head over heals in love with Mahira
😳
mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Shes definitely not a great actress the last few episodes proved that. Even the lead guy forgot his name is better than her esp his expressions. Saba Qamar and Sanam both are awesome actresses and couldve done a good job.