Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

serendipity. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
in my opinion, i swear, my bias can rest, i think mahira fits perfectly, and believe it or not, shes been doing it exceptionally well. She is NOT a born actor, nor has she an inherited gene from fores, so yeah, you can expect her to make mistakes, and they're not blunders anyways.
Mahira fits the bill perfectly.
She has been doing exceptionally well as Falak in every way, and wherever we saw her a margin below par, should rather be blamed on the director and not her, since, again, she's not a born actor, shes still a fresher, in the initial phase, and its enough to shut people's mouths up, that she, so early in her career, has been getting such challenging roles, and she hasnt failed to any of the works shes done so far.
Mahira Khan was asked to play THE ordinary... thesimplest girl, Khirad, and then immediately, she was Falak, the over-possessive, proud, beautiful, bestowed, ARROGANT girl... we have an image of Mahira being Khirad, and i think thats the major reason why many of us couldnt accept Falak as open heartedly as we were supposed to... but she did it, Believe me, she managed to make us some what HATE Falak, curse her, roll our eyes on her, AND now, we're starting to feel for her, we go all "awe" seeing her state, and that;s what shes done. Noone suited the role better imo... not even Saba Qamar, she cant be the elite class too well, i dont know if its because of her english/accent or some other thing... i just cant see her as Falak, even though the latter part, what Mahira is doing really well, Saba can easily give her competition.
The recent episodes, Mahira is proving herself all over again. She is exceptional. i am in total awe of her, and shall always be! :D
serendipity. thumbnail

Originally posted by: hmmm...

This role required someone who can LOOK filthy rich angrez type spoiled brat. Saba Qamar and sanam baloch both look too desi for this kind of role. One can argue about who acts better, but Saba and sanam both don't have the personality to LOOK like Falak.

oh EXACTLY! your amazing, the other reply, ... the one above this, i agreee, i agree i agree! :D
serendipity. thumbnail

Originally posted by: happyviewer

i dont think saba would have been a good choice...she doesnt look the type...yes in terms of acting she would have been perfect, she is a superb actor...however the way mahira is carrying herself in the dresses shes wearing makes her the perfect type for falak...she looks like an ameer zaadi ...saba wouldnt look a ameer zaadi ...maybe i have seen her in too many ghareeb type rolesπŸ˜†...and sanam is always the mazloom...so she wouldnt have been a good choice either...abhi tak to I think mahira is the best choice...unless someone can chnage my mind...please no one suggest marwa or urwa...the obnoxious sistersπŸ˜†

i agree :)
@ bold: 🀣 🀣

.SilentPrincess thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Almost everyone is saying Saba Qamar.. Honestly Saba has done these kinds of roles. She did Maat.. I feel that role to some point resembles Falak's..In the start..

If Saba Qamar did Falak's role.. it would be repititive for her and for us viewers..

Sanam is out the question.. Amina.. she doesn't fit the image og falak.. I don't think she could carry it.. and that's it. the top actresses..

I don't think anyone could have done it any better.. they enact it the same way MK is.. I don't know why this is even up or discussion.. If you don't like her acting.. stop watching it.. if you love SeZ so much, you still have the novel.. go read it.
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
umm no need to get rude Silentprincess.. people are just stating their opinion and everyone has liberty to do so..

anyway, just watched epi no 12 and i must say Mahira has done a good job.. she was weak in the beginning but has improved a great deal and is totally in the character...and I still maintain that Saba Qamar would've nailed this character but at the same time I agree with Silentprincess that it would've been repetitive for her & viewers too if she had done this role.
sweet-knife thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i think Mehreen Raheel can do this role...although she is bit short in height but she looks rich and she acts better than Mahira...
.SilentPrincess thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Usman.

umm no need to get rude Silentprincess.. people are just stating their opinion and everyone has liberty to do so..

anyway, just watched epi no 12 and i must say Mahira has done a good job.. she was weak in the beginning but has improved a great deal and is totally in the character...and I still maintain that Saba Qamar would've nailed this character but at the same time I agree with Silentprincess that it would've been repetitive for her & viewers too if she had done this role.

Sorry if I was sounding rude.. I wasn't aware of it.

And i'm not talking abt the members here.. I have hardly see someone comment on Mahira's acting.. and even if they have they have a reasonable argument.. I was talking abt the fB page of SeZ.. there are some very rude comments there.. Meant it more in a general way. If you don't like something why torture yourself to watch it..

Sorry again if i was sounding rude
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: .SilentPrincess

Sorry if I was sounding rude.. I wasn't aware of it.

And i'm not talking abt the members here.. I have hardly see someone comment on Mahira's acting.. and even if they have they have a reasonable argument.. I was talking abt the fB page of SeZ.. there are some very rude comments there.. Meant it more in a general way. If you don't like something why torture yourself to watch it..

Sorry again if i was sounding rude

Its ok... you didn't mention about the FB page hence i thought you're talking about the members here..πŸ˜›

Originally posted by: sweet-knife

i think Mehreen Raheel can do this role...although she is bit short in height but she looks rich and she acts better than Mahira...

i dont really agree here.. she might have looked the rich part but I dont think she could've pulled the character of Falak.. she is not much of a powerful performer imo.

BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Mehreen Raheel? Really? I find her to be a pathetic former.. She's in the likes of Mawra/Urwa for me..

That girl was the only bad part about Dastaan and then people really need to watch Ashk to see how bad she is.. She couldn't do a simple role.
-Maha- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
This is why our industry need some new faces πŸ˜† Had hy yar now We don't even have any option except these 2-3 actresses.