If Mahira wasn't Falak...

-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I have a question...we all criticize mahira's acting in sher e zaat(including me)...but lets think for a moment...who else can you see playing falaks role...I cant imagine anyone else...sanam baloch? saba qamar?...i dont think so...for some reason, mahira fits falaks role perfectly...what do u think...who could have done it better?
who would you choose for the role of Falak?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I dont think Sanam would have suited the role.. but I think Saba Qamar would've been a perfect choice for this one
Rabz_14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
no doubt Mahira is doing a Fantastic job..but in some scenes she is nt upto the mark...otherwise in the last few Epis she is doing a great job..
n i think Saba Qamar cudv also done it...
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
i dont think saba would have been a good choice...she doesnt look the type...yes in terms of acting she would have been perfect, she is a superb actor...however the way mahira is carrying herself in the dresses shes wearing makes her the perfect type for falak...she looks like an ameer zaadi ...saba wouldnt look a ameer zaadi ...maybe i have seen her in too many ghareeb type roles😆...and sanam is always the mazloom...so she wouldnt have been a good choice either...abhi tak to I think mahira is the best choice...unless someone can chnage my mind...please no one suggest marwa or urwa...the obnoxious sisters😆
Meeph thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Anyone who is excellent at her job,even a new comer would do for me but this character has a lot of depth so actinn SHOULD have been perfect.

BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I honestly don't see anyone except for Mahirah as Falak..
She's the perfect look for the character..
And there's nothing majorly flawed about her..
In the inital episodes she just overacted in a few scenes but then she became fine..
So far for the past 5-6 episodes I haven't seen anything wrong in her performance.

Edited by BlackStar. - 12 years ago
plo_98 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
I think overall she is good..she is good looking, but i personally dont find her that beautiful( the way she is shown in this show..that everyone is crazy about her)..in terms of acting she is good at light emotional scenes, but she needs to work on emotional outburst scenes
Edited by plo_98 - 12 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: happyviewer

i dont think saba would have been a good choice...she doesnt look the type...yes in terms of acting she would have been perfect, she is a superb actor...however the way mahira is carrying herself in the dresses shes wearing makes her the perfect type for falak...she looks like an ameer zaadi ...saba wouldnt look a ameer zaadi ...maybe i have seen her in too many ghareeb type roles😆...and sanam is always the mazloom...so she wouldnt have been a good choice either...abhi tak to I think mahira is the best choice...unless someone can chnage my mind...please no one suggest marwa or urwa...the obnoxious sisters😆

We're going into the 13th episode next week..more than half way into the drama..at this point, I think everyone has accepted Mahira as Falak more so because she has done much better in the last few episodes. However, she was horrible in the earlier episodes..and then, I always thought they should've taken Saba Qamar as Falak. She would've breezed through the role..with Mahira, it seemed as if we saw her working on her acting from episode 1 till now, episode 12..it didn't come spontaneously to her, & it showed as she improved over time. With Saba it would have been more than natural from the very first episode. I don't think you would have seen people complaining about her acting for the first 5 episodes if nothing else.

& I don't think wearing glamorous clothing would've been a problem..Saba has worn such stuff before..you can make any actress/actor look glamorous since they're worked on before they appear onscreen.
hmmm... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This role required someone who can LOOK filthy rich angrez type spoiled brat. Saba Qamar and sanam baloch both look too desi for this kind of role. One can argue about who acts better, but Saba and sanam both don't have the personality to LOOK like Falak.
hmmm... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

We're going into the 13th episode next week..more than half way into the drama..at this point, I think everyone has accepted Mahira as Falak more so because she has done much better in the last few episodes. However, she was horrible in the earlier episodes..and then, I always thought they should've taken Saba Qamar as Falak. She would've breezed through the role..with Mahira, it seemed as if we saw her working on her acting from episode 1 till now, episode 12..it didn't come spontaneously to her, & it showed as she improved over time. With Saba it would have been more than natural from the very first episode. I don't think you would have seen people complaining about her acting for the first 5 episodes if nothing else.

& I don't think wearing glamorous clothing would've been a problem..Saba has worn such stuff before..you can make any actress/actor look glamorous since they're worked on before they appear onscreen.

I personally found Mahirah very convincing as Falak from 1st episode. I honestly didn't see where she acted so bad in the initial episodes. As for wearing glamorous clothes, anyone can WEAR glamorous clothes but not everyone can carry them well. I have seen saba wear sleeveless and glamorous type of clothes, but there is no way she can carry Sania Maskatiya dresses...😳. I personally dislike Sania Maskatiya's designs, but they do make a stylish statement that Falak's character needed and Mahirah carries them real well.
Edited by hmmm... - 12 years ago