Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cheeema thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

i mean he or she (both parties are responsible equally if any one tresspassing or ingnore the code of conduct.

Or is this another excuse in a man
dominated world for the actions of men?
<SPAN =smText></SPAN>

What do mean by this? Do you think actions by women are correct? Man are
born to dominate but not all dominate. I hope you take this in a lighter
sense.. okπŸ˜†

Men are not born to dominate, and they shouldn't feel they need to dominate. It is sad men make the rules of society, and the regulations for everyone. A woman, who gives birth to another woman AND a MAN, is told by a man what is right or wrong, and that is not right. If a woman wants to, she can chose not to give birth to a man, of course it isn't the right thing to do, but she has the power to decide. Don't underestimate the power of a woman.

I didn't say women are angels and never do anything wrong. But we are talking about anything, we are talking about rape, and most victims are women. And of course, the rapist wants to avoid punishment and will bring up topics to distract the court and make the woman look bad.

Rape happens because the rapist wants to be in power, and show the power he has. A rapist has no respect for others and are cruel.

I am sorry, but I won't take this matter in a  lighter sense, I have come close to such situations and I know  close relative who went trhough the situation. I was lucky, she wasn't.

You're absoloutely right Monica that women who have been close to rape or who have been raped will only understand the impact of such a hideous crime of rapists.I can sit hear all day typing all sorts of statements on how rape effects someone mentally and physically  but my account will vary from a victim of rape,why?because i have been lucky not to have fallen a victim.Majority of time it is men who rape because nor do they only rape women but also rape men too.I have heard of women rapists,but it is very rare.IThis is a man dominated world!i know it and you know it!no matter how much we argue on how women rights have improved,we women are still so far behind achieving equal rights.

Most of the Judges are male and i have witnessed rapists getting sentenced to a mere 4 or 5 years.some of them wont even serve half of it!but it is the woman who is raped who gets a life sentence.

No rapists can justify his actions!be it a stranger,a husband,a boyfriend or a relative.A woman should be able to act the way she wants,behave the way she want and have fun the way she wants without thinking if she is going to be the next victim of rape.

Very well said,  why is it that rape is such a social stigma on the person that has gotten raped.  Everyone blames the person that is raped, but how is that possible???  They didnt ask for it, u can wear tight or short clothes and no one has the right to rape to because of that.  Even though this has been happening for centuries, the views still havent changed.  When will we stop blaming the victim, this could happen to anyone, anywhres and ppl need to understand this!!!
Edited by Aparna_BD - 17 years ago
Dazlingflower thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
It's a very sensitive topic. Rape can be phsyically and mentally disturbing. Rape occurs in every country and religion. Doesn't matter if you are fully clothed or you are wearing a miniskirt...if you are in a place at the wrong time and with a wrong person...it can happen. Many times rape occurs by someone you trust or your loved one πŸ˜•These kind of cases occur behind close doors and are never reported. I don't think girls in these situation wear mini skirt or flirt or invite this upon themselves. You can't blame the mini skirts.
But I do believe if you avoid certain places and certain people, you can lesson your chances of being a victim. There is nothing wrong with miniskirts, but if you do wear these clothes, just know how to carry your self with elegance. Problem lies where there is a combination of ETOH + Revealing clothes + overconfidence.
Dazlingflower thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Women even got raped in victorian era when they wore tons of clothing
Aparna_BD thumbnail
Cheema - Women get raped even in countries that follow the Islamic code of conduct. The only problem is there is a lot more at stake for these women from these societies. For example: if the man turns around and says it was consensual sex, then the woman has no way to prove it. Infact with out proof she may end up getting stoned to death if the man says it was consensual and she broke the Zima code( sex before marriage) or adultery.

Therfore these rapes are just not reported in many conservative societies.

Even in India a democracy so many rape cases go un- reported all because of fear of a stigma. And i assure you majority of Indian women dress conservatively.

Unlike in the U.S where rape is reported therefor we know that there is high rate of rape.

So its not about dressing and behaviour of a woman. Nor is the woman in any ways responsible for her conduct.Edited by Aparna_BD - 17 years ago
syrene thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aparna_BD

Cheema - Women get raped even in countries that follow the Islamic code
of conduct. The only problem is there is a lot more at stake for these
women from these societies. For example: if the man turns around and
says it was consensual sex, then the woman has no way to prove it.
Infact with out proof she may end up getting stoned to death if the man
says it was consensual and she broke the Zima code( sex before
marriage) or adultery.

Therfore these rapes are just not reported in many conservative societies.

Even in India a democracy so many rape cases go un- reported all
because of fear of a stigma. And i assure you majority of Indian women
dress conservatively.

Unlike in the U.S where rape is reported therefor we know that there is high rate of rape.

So its not about dressing and behaviour of a woman. Nor is the woman in any ways responsible for her conduct

Sorry Aparna, I dont get you...If a woman isnt responsible for her own conduct then who is? πŸ˜•
MonicA#1Actress thumbnail

Originally posted by: winnie_pooh

Sorry Aparna, I dont get you...If a woman isnt responsible for her own conduct then who is? πŸ˜•

Obviously, you haven't been through such an experience.

I got drugged at a party last year when this guy slipped something in my drink. How was that my fault? I made a mistake, but it wasn't my fault. And my cousin got raped while she was going to her car from the mall. he rapist was hiding beneath her car. How was that her fault? How are we held responsible?

And I AGREE with everything Aparna has to say.

syrene thumbnail
Monica, I am not condoning rape in any way nor do I accept the typical male excuse "she was asking for it". My friend's 8-year old cousin was raped by a member of the family... You may have read reports of sixty and seventy year old women being raped. How could they have ever "invited it"?

My grouse was only with the use of the word conduct. Conduct means --"The way a person acts, especially from the standpoint of morality and ethics". How a person (male or female) conducts her/himself is entirely upto her or him....Edited by winnie_pooh - 17 years ago
syrene thumbnail

Originally posted by: MonicA#1Actress

Obviously, you haven't been through such an experience.

I got drugged at a party last year when this guy slipped something in my drink. How was that my fault? I made a mistake, but it wasn't my fault. And my cousin got raped while she was going to her car from the mall. he rapist was hiding beneath her car. How was that her fault? How are we held responsible?

And I AGREE with everything Aparna has to say.

And Monica, I understand how you must be feeling after your horrible experience...And it could never have been your fault...

Aparna_BD thumbnail

Originally posted by: winnie_pooh

I just read my statement again and i realise that's incorrect. It wasn't what i was trying to say. What i intented to say was yes every one is responsible for their conduct. BUT , no such conduct of a woman implies "go ahead and rape me."
Sour Skittles thumbnail
a lil flirt and a lil skirt wont hut no one..but like outragously flirting with sum guy and wearing practically nothin...*cough**cough* MTV.........these women are sending a message to guyz perhaps unknowingly i dunno but what is one supposed to think? πŸ˜†