Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I forgot the beggar's name but OMG he was soo good with his acting..
Mahirah and Meekal have both been doing good for the past few episodes..

But I know a lot of people aren't liking it because it's different from the novel..

I think the pace is fine, plus the acting's good too.. The drama stays true to what it's supposed to show..
How deep we go to love and ask for things which are meaningless but forget Allah..
Maybe only a little bit more religion should've been added.
Crystal_Ice90 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Very nice episode in deed!
I cant wait for next week episode when Falaq starts having troubles in her life..as this way she will learn to think about Allah...i love how mahira played her role it waa fantastic!
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I must admit that I seriously started watching Shehr-e-Zaat only after the 6th episode, before that the only thing I was enjoying about this play were naani's dialogues and Salman Ansar's character; probably because I thoroughly enjoyed his arrogant behavior and one must give him credit for always being so honest about how he feels about Falak. The highlight of today's episode had to be the scene at the beach primarily because of the dialogues, which were simply remarkable and the way thehomelesss personexplained the difference between 'wajood' and 'zaat' was amazing, no doubt 'wajood ke naseeb mei hai bikhari bunana aur zaat bikhari nai bun skti, wajood ka kaam hai mangana aur zaat ka kaam hai dena". The dialogues and the message was loud and clear but I had my serious reservations about many other things. Why would Falak be attracted to such a man in the first place? Why did she stand there and listen to him for so long? I think it would have been better if all this came from naani or someone else, Falak would have had more of a reason to listen to all of it. No one would argue with such a man the way Falak was doing. And most of all Falak fails to understand nanni's simple advices, how come she could recall what this man had to say. In my opinion whatever he said was way too complicated for someone like Falak. Like I said the dialogues and the message was simply heart touching but the way it was brought forward could have been much more convincing.

Falak's wedding has turned out better than her expectations; I have to say I am very surprised! Every scene went to show just how perfect Falak's life has been ever since she got married. By the way did anyone notice the "one month LETTER" blooper? Salman Ansar has suddenly changed into a romantic and caring man, everything that a girl would want in a man but does he love Falak? Well, the conversation at the restaurant suggested that he still stands where he did when he married Falak. Falak's dialogues on the night of her wedding "tum mere dil se kabhi nahi niklo gay aur mei tumhare dil mei utarne ki koshish krti rahu gi" made her sound like a very practical girl but it is an established fact that Falak is a die hard romantic and Salman Ansar is a very practical person. In fact the dialogues about Salman being practical and Falak being romantic seemed to be getting repetitive in today's episode.

Four months "letter" we finally caught a glimpse of Hamza who had escaped to Dubai without a trace, again something that I thought was rather strange, Rushna knew Hamza had gone to Dubai but had no clue why and she could not care less too! Hamza is blessed with some very good friends! I am glad Hamza decided to get married and I did not appreciate the way Falak told him that if it was her she would have never been able to live without Salman…give the poor man a break please, he is trying to move on ..let him!

It was really cute the way Falak invited nanni to stay with her only to prove how well she was managing her house. I am really looking forward to what naani has to say about Falak's lifestyle, simply love her character. Nanni is the voice of reason and the best part is that even though Falak may not agree with most of the things that nanni says but they have such a strong bond nevertheless.

Overall, this episode at least for me was the best one so far especially because of the impressive dialogues. This play would have been much more interesting if there was less repetition and the scenes were relatively shorter.
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
can someone answer my question without giving out the story...is salman gay?
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Shehr-e Zaat ' Episode 9

Posted by SZ On August - 25 - 2012
12 Votes

Main bhikari nahin hoon
Main ne kabhi kisi se kuch nahin maanga

After have gotten her Prince Charming, followed by a lovely wedding, and now living a blissful life in her beautiful castle, Falak might be forgiven for thinking that she is now a central character in her own little fairy tale. Lulled into what is sadly destined to be a temporary sense of security, floored by Salman's open appreciation [finally!!] and swept away by his charm, Falak has chosen to forget past insecurities vis--vis Salman, her dismay over his arrogance and boorishness all purposefully swept under the metaphorical rug, out of sight, out of mind. The fact that at one point she was so driven to despair that she asked her maid for a taveez, to win Salman's affections, is something she has willed herself to forget, and honestly speaking who among us would want to keep reminding ourselves of the unpleasantness of the past. It's easier to move on ' forgive and forget is what we've been taught from day one. But, hold on, what makes Falak different here is that, she has not just forgiven and forgotten, but she's actually relishing all that she has now as her due right. It is this precise na-shukri wala attitude that naani has been trying to warn her against from day one, and this is what the faqirreiterates as well. But Falak, of course being the Falak that she is, is in complete denial that there was ever a point where she had actually desperately wished and asked for anything, hence her confident avowal: main ne kabhi kisi se kuch nahin maanga!

No matter how much of a Falak, Falak was being, it was lovely to see the warm interactions between Falak and Salman. His palpable excitement at the coming baby, as evidenced by his involvement with the decoration of the nursery, was a well-done subtle touch highlighting his emotional investment in this relationship, no matter how it might have started out. I am so glad that time was spent in establishing this switch in the nature of the relationship between our two protagonists, laying the foundation for the stark contrast in Salman's behavior as it starts changing from the next episode onwards. Falak's conversation with Rushna went a long way towards establishing Falak's bury-her-head-in-the-sand attitude, and also answered the question regarding Hamza being MIA at Falak's wedding ' he was in Dubai.

The phone call between Falak and Hamza was illuminating to say the least ' truly Shehr-e Zaat is a story of mirrors and reflections. Even as Hamza was being spurned by Falak, who remained unaware of his romantic interest till he proposed to her, he too was unknowingly spurning someone else's love, because he was so enamored by Falak. Now, with Falak married and therefore out of reach, he was able to see this other girl in a different light, with the result that he is now distributing wedding cards to friends. It was interesting to see Falak contrasting her love for Salman with that of Hamza's for her. Now that she is sitting pretty and secure it is easy for her to say she would've died if she wouldn't have gotten Salman. These lines gave me a pause and had me wondering ' we make such big declarations so easily and glibly' is life that easy to take? Can we take away something that we are unable to give in the first place?

The scenes between naani and Falak and Mehrunissa have to be some of the most tenderly done scenes I have seen in recent times. The bonding between the three women, their small, almost unnoticeable, gestures of affection: Mehrunissa rubbing lotion on her mother's hands, Falak carrying naani's heavy handbag while showing off her house, were so beautifully done that it's hard to remember that this all fiction. I loved the way Mehrunissa excitedly shared her daughter's good news with her mother. Similarly, Falak's unabashed delight at having naani visit her house was an absolute treat to watch. An unexpected bonus was the visible joy that naaniexpressed at Falak's desire to have a daughter. Loved the fact that she didn't berate Falak for not praying for her firstborn to be a boy; a minute detail, but so vitally important that such messages are continually reinforced. Samina Pirzada, Hina Bayat, and Mahira Khan must be related somewhere up there, because such chemistry is almost never seen. Kudos to all for giving us these magical moments to savor!

Finally, the iconic scene that we'd all been waiting for since the first promos aired. Needless to say it lived up to all my expectations and beyond. Munawar Saeed is a class act and he pulled off this scene impeccably and delivered the meaningful lines beautifully. I only wish this scene had been trimmed a bit off at the end, leaving more of an impact on the viewers. This minor peeve aside, I thoroughly enjoyed the way Falak's lofty claims, her being an artist with the ability to see beauty even in gandagi, were immediately challenged by the shot of the muddy water and the fakir making mud balls, lovely use of the dialogues and the visuals to add that extra layer of meaning. Add to that the OST lyrics in the background, about the yaar being omnipresent, juxtapositioning Falak's majazi yaar who is zahir, with the faqir's haqiqi yaar who is chupa, and you have a sequence elevated beyond the realm of the ordinary. Definitely a scene I will go back to again and again to decipher the layers of meanings. Excellently done Sarmad!

Shehr-e Zaat is now beyond the halfway mark and so far I have never walked away disappointed. There is so much to savor and relish here ' intellectually and visually that I am continually engaged as a viewer. There might be a couple of lapses here and there and some scenes could've handled some trimming, but overall this serial is in a class by itself. The entire cast deserves a huge round of applause. The technical facilities have all been topnotch. Above all, Umera and Sarmad, you guys rock!

P. S.
This is my last review of Shehr-e Zaat; a huge shout out to everyone who read, appreciated and commented on my reviews. I've enjoyed watching this gem of a serial and sharing my thoughts, but unfortunately, my professional commitments make it impossible for me to continue. Sunday's review of the Bilqees Kaur finale will be my last one for DramaPakistani for the immediate future.

Edited by Nkapoor3 - 12 years ago
zara-KSG-malik thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

How can i get caps of last night epi?

Help Plz

Originally posted by: Nkapoor3

I do not agree with such thinking

noone is asking you to agree with it but thats how our culture is and thats how Nanis character is
If she said westernized stuff and talked about salman and falak doing work together that wouldnt suit her character, neither would it be realistic!
because in our culture men and women are not equal and thats a well known fact

Originally posted by: happyviewer

can someone answer my question without giving out the story...is salman gay?

no hes not...hes pretty straight!😆
areena your back from Pak? :O itni jaldi?
welcome backkk!!!! we missed youuu!

you need to watch yesterdays episode!
it was mahiras best performance <3
Rabz_14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
thankyou Misbah12 and Hinna :)
n Hinna yea i pretty much understand it now..so the "Wujood" is Salman n 'zaat' is Allah..

n Falak telling Hamza tht she cudnt have lived widout Salman...well she's just saying that because she IS with Salman right now...otherwise everything is possible...