If you believe in God, refute this! - Page 96

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Freethinker112

I have termed speculations as speculations, and the person who posted that agreed with me. This thread was supposed to deal with the fact that we can't prove God's existence with current knowledge. That's it, nothing less, nothing more.

lol we could have told you right off on page 1 that there's no scientific proof. Did you really need to run this thing on so long?

It is peculation too, and I have admitted it. Of course we don't know whether it is possible, currently. And we have been discussing that. You call discussing, ignoring?

yeah sure, we started discussing it after the same question was asked multiple times. 😆

There is no evading. Things mean the same. 1 meter on the ct axis represents the time light takes to travel in 1m. It is still measuring time with the help of conversion factor. Like someone saying I am just a 15 minutes ride from your home. You are telling distance in time's units and the conversion is implied for a fixed factor e.g. 60km/h.

so we randomly decide to normalize the vector to a magnitude of speed of light. And you think that's a physically existent reality?😆

The question itself does not make sense, does not necessarily mean that it is a fault with the math. For example, asking what is the color of number 2 doesn't make sense, it does not mean that we don't understand what color or number 2 are. Again, velocity is the change in displacement with respect to time. There is no displacement while moving through space so velocity doesn't make sense. But still, for spacetime four-velocity has been coined. And as I said, we are travelling in time in future. Otherwise we won't be moving in future.

again, if you are talking about classical world, we cannot be travelling in time. For that you would have to define velocity in the time dimension which is meaningless. We can of course come up with whatever normalizations we want in math, but we are doing it only to make the math make sense.

but can we assume you are claiming we really understand gravity? 😆 And your understanding is? In case you dont get my question, remember that having a math equation to calculate gravitational force for example is not quite the same thing as understanding gravity.

@K=> sorry buddy if we're still talking time travel. FreeThinker112 wants to keep it going, and it's really fun seeing what non-blind-speculation theories he has on that front.😆

Edited by BirdieNumNum - 11 years ago
K.Universe. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
^^ A reply for a reply only ends up making the whole thread loopy - Mahatma K!

K.Universe. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vintage.Wine

By Blank I meant ..Space / The Separating Gap between this universe and another one ....A Separation that doesn't relate to both the universes ...And the terminologies peculiar to universe's characteristics don't apply to that... Hence the term Blank space ... 😉

The head honchos had this covered too, Vintu. In "brane" cosmology the 4D universe is restricted to a brane inside a higher-dimensional space called the "bulk".

Like I said, no need to coin our own terms. Let's borrow from the mob. They wouldn't mind.

Vintage.Wine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: K.Universe.

The head honchos had this covered too, Vintu. In "brane" cosmology the 4D universe is restricted to a brane inside a higher-dimensional space called the "bulk".

Like I said, no need to coin our own terms. Let's borrow from the mob. They wouldn't mind.

Awww ...Hehehehe 😆 ...Funny that ...I won't be surprised a bit if some Mind Honchos follow the Head Ones after a couple of decades ..and talk about multiples bulks in a greater dimensional media..

This now seems like a deliberate assumptive attempt to create more enigma for the readers and Evil pleasure for the Authors ..😆 ..We must make sure the head honchos don't own shares in some Tequila Producing Company ...😆 ..Tequila ..The GOD's own drink as the Mexicans allude to that ... 😆

Take for instance ekpyrotic hypothesis ..Two branes colliding to cause a big bang ..Then the Bulk must be some curved medium to cause the parallel branes to clash ...😆

Someone please call Einstein's soul to the Ouija board and tell him, the Cosmological constant was not an error ! ..Yehahahaha 😆

Vintu ...😛

Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Free 😛

Hahaha . ...Awww ... The END is when ...One starts walking from point A on the earth's surface .. ...along the equator ...and ENDS up reaching point A again ... So that doesn't suggest infinity .. Unless you keep walking forever and never reach point A again ... 😆

We don't know if that can happen in space .. ...We might need to keep waking forever to know that ...😆

...And if we reach point A even there ..That ll mean the Universe ain't infinite ...But again we would wonder what exists beyond that ...Which means either blank space ..or another full fledged UNIVERSE...with celestial bodies ..So in either case ..it becomes infinite ..😛

What cranky stuff we are on about in the quest of finding the God ..😆 When we can't find many things that he created ..Infinite things to say the least ..

Actually, it was just an analogy. It meant that it is possible for a finite space without boundary to exist. But, since we haven't observed the whole Universe, we can't actually say how it is.

And it is possible for a 3D space to exist without being contained in a higher dimensional space. So, it is possible that there is no "beyond".
Freethinker112 thumbnail

True that ... 😛 The context here though was ..Freethinker thought exactly the opposite ..Since the earth's surface is spherical he wailed that we would keep going round and round that meaning it's infinite ...which is untrue as the starting point would be re visited once a circle is complete ..

Actually, I said exactly the opposite. Now, you are putting words in my mouth. 😆 I said that you won't encounter any boundary walking on Earth's surface, but that doesn't mean that it is infinite. I was giving you an example of finite space without any boundary.
Freethinker112 thumbnail

Originally posted by: BirdieNumNum

did you really need to open this thread to show that there is no scientific proof for existence of God? 😆 really what were you hoping to accomplish? Find out whether anyone had succeeded in finding scientific proof while the rest of the world was taking a nap?😆

now since we are all agreed there's no such proof, and since i think it might be worthwhile to explore even speculative ideas, could we suggest you either have this thread closed (in which case someone else can open a thread with fewer constraints), or you stop repeating the same "blind speculation" and "no scientific proof" mantras?.😆

Actually, it was to oppose the way people say for sure that God exists. I just wanted to say that they can't say that for sure because our current knowledge does not allow us to assume such speculations are true. Therefore, they should be aware that what they are spreading as truth is just a hypothesis.
Freethinker112 thumbnail

lol we could have told you right off on page 1 that there's no scientific proof. Did you really need to run this thing on so long?

Well, tell that to people who insist that God does exist.

yeah sure, we started discussing it after the same question was asked multiple times. 😆

I answered the questions first time but you just kept repeating without giving it any consideration.

so we randomly decide to normalize the vector to a magnitude of speed of light. And you think that's a physically existent reality?😆

No, because when you are at rest, you are actually moving through time.

again, if you are talking about classical world, we cannot be travelling in time. For that you would have to define velocity in the time dimension which is meaningless. We can of course come up with whatever normalizations we want in math, but we are doing it only to make the math make sense.

Again, you assume that travelling in time dimension is same as travelling in space dimension. And you ask for rate change with respect to itself. It's like calculating velocity with respect to space not time, doing ds/ds. Just because it is meaningless to ask does not mean there is a fault with the concept.

but can we assume you are claiming we really understand gravity? 😆 And your understanding is? In case you dont get my question, remember that having a math equation to calculate gravitational force for example is not quite the same thing as understanding gravity.

You keep putting words in my mouth. Where have I claimed we completely understand Gravity? We know the result of it and calculate it, but we don't how exactly is it produced.

@K=> sorry buddy if we're still talking time travel. FreeThinker112 wants to keep it going, and it's really fun seeing what non-blind-speculation theories he has on that front.😆

Hmm, so your replying is fine but my reply to your post is me wanting to keep it going? Your questions were answered the first time you posted them. So, if you want to end this, stop posting about it.
K.Universe. thumbnail

Awww ...Hehehehe 😆 ...Funny that ...I won't be surprised a bit if some Mind Honchos follow the Head Ones after a couple of decades ..and talk about multiples bulks in a greater dimensional media..

This now seems like a deliberate assumptive attempt to create more enigma for the readers and Evil pleasure for the Authors ..😆 ..We must make sure the head honchos don't own shares in some Tequila Producing Company ...😆 ..Tequila ..The GOD's own drink as the Mexicans allude to that ... 😆

Take for instance ekpyrotic hypothesis ..Two branes colliding to cause a big bang ..Then the Bulk must be some curved medium to cause the parallel branes to clash ...😆

Someone please call Einstein's soul to the Ouija board and tell him, the Cosmological constant was not an error ! ..Yehahahaha 😆

Vintu ...😛

There was a program on Science channel once where there were these scientists talking about brane theory and parallel universes and claiming to have solved the long standing problem of the first cause for big bang when they were riding together in a train and "brainstorming". I immediately switched the channel.

Birdie should have brought in brane cosmology instead of time travel to paint the ridiculousness of speculations of some scientists.

K.Universe. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Freethinker112

Actually, it was to oppose the way people say for sure that God exists. I just wanted to say that they can't say that for sure because our current knowledge does not allow us to assume such speculations are true. Therefore, they should be aware that what they are spreading as truth is just a hypothesis.

I agree. That's what I thought you were saying too.