Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Vintage.Wine

Muaaahhahahaha !! 😆

Coming to the Universe's expanding nature I would like to say that it has a very simple meaning ...All that it means is The Galaxies are constantly moving away from each other ...The universe as in the space part of it which holds all matter can't expand ..cause if it can its not infinite ..😛

You call Titin as Methionyl threonylthreonyl glutaminylarginyl...isoleucine..in a tetchy way just to make it sound too abstruse and baffling to the innocent audience you naughty physics geeks ... .😆

Vintu 😛

Nope that will be a very wrong explanation. Because for some galaxy, speed of moving apart crosses c which is not possible for matter. Which sows that the galaxies are not moving away from each other, rather the space between them is expanding.

And I said this to you before, whether space is infinite or not is still and open question. We know that it is really big and it has no boundary and it is expanding.
CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Freethinker112

That's exactly why we test mathematical models. I said this before, you can come up with many models which will be sound mathematically, but there is no use if they are not consistent with reality. That's why we are trying to explain what we see, not fit our universe in what we can create on paper.

About articulating, I know many people who can understand things quickly but suck at explaining. That's why intelligent ones don't always make a good teacher.

let's try this in language you might finally understand. There's GR as math, there's GR as geometrical interpretation and there are various other interpretations. The only part (and the really important part) that we use for all our predicting is the math part of the GR. I have been calling out the other interpretations because they are speculative, even though you might not have learned that earlier. Got it or do we have to do this all over again?
Freethinker112 thumbnail

Originally posted by: BirdieNumNum

look buddy some people know more of this stuff than you ever will reading up wikipedia, yet have the humility to say they dont know for sure. That's a different perspective than you might ever have had, but you still need to learn to respect it.

OK, so now you have to resort to personal attacks? No more arguments? First of all, I am not only reading Wikipedia, but it is actually a good source of info. I have read books and other things too. And I never said I know things for "sure". We can never actually be sure that we got everything. The best we can do is to expand our knowledge which his limited. So, I actually got that perspective and I do respect other perspectives than this too. Actually I have been the one shouting since the start of the thread, when people claimed they knew that God exists for sure, that we DO NOT KNOW many things. And now you are asking me to have that perspective. 😆

and no i am not stuck. You keep asking nonsensical questions one after the other so there is no stop. Now you are asking why i am insisting on a spatial dimension for time. Call it whatever you want, your answer "dimension of velocity" above is totally wrong. On the time dimension, the change is in time units. You divide by time because that's what velocity requires. The result is a dimensionless quantity. Now dont ask why one needs to figure out velocity, although that will be the kind of thing you've been asking. It's pretty basis, if you cant figure that one out, perhaps there's no point replying to you.

Yeah? Actually you are the one asking meaningless questions and nitpicking where there is no need ( I won't stoop down to your level and term questions as nonsense like you are some know-it-all).

Yeah, time sin't represented by ct? Please tell me how is the time dimension denoted? And I have repeated that dividing ct by t will result in velocity dimension but yo don't want to listen.

Yeah, don't assume what I will ask and not ask. I have been replying to your questions, but you now seem to think they are "nonsense" while repeating the same stuff. And if you can't have reasonable discussion when people answer your question and point out flaws, maybe you should not reply.

Vintage.Wine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Nope that will be a very wrong explanation. Because for some galaxy, speed of moving apart crosses c which is not possible for matter. Which sows that the galaxies are not moving away from each other, rather the space between them is expanding.

And I said this to you before, whether space is infinite or not is still and open question. We know that it is really big and it has no boundary and it is expanding.

Freethinka ..

@ Bold 1: If you are sober ( Unlike me 😛 ) and can re read what you have just written ..you ll know that both those things mean the same .. 😆 ..I mean WTH 😆 ..This is nothing short of insane ...Space between the two points increasing / expanding is the same as those two points moving away from each other ... 😆

@ Bold 2: Objection My Lord ..😆 these are contradictory statements ..If it has NO boundary it is infinite ... 😆 We should rather put it this way ... " WE NO NOTHING" <<<<<< Hahahaha 😆 Yay ! That's the right way ...We don't know if it has a boundary ..If you think it hasn't on the basis of assumptions ..I would say it has on the basis of my cranky assumptions ...

Universe is like a HUGE RANCH ..with a fencing that the GOD has put around that ..Inside which we the Physics Wad Cattle are grazing and gobbling the fake moreish science feast ...😆 ..I expect the God to intervene and goad us back to our barns ...To the reality that we fail to understand I mean ... 😆

Vintu 😛

CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

OK, so now you have to resort to personal attacks? No more arguments? First of all, I am not only reading Wikipedia, but it is actually a good source of info. I have read books and other things too. And I never said I know things for "sure". We can never actually be sure that we got everything. The best we can do is to expand our knowledge which his limited. So, I actually got that perspective and I do respect other perspectives than this too. Actually I have been the one shouting since the start of the thread, when people claimed they knew that God exists for sure, that we DO NOT KNOW many things. And now you are asking me to have that perspective. 😆

cause and effect buddy.😆 It's the tone, buddy, and the dismissive "blind speculations". Work on it and then perhaps you can have people respond civilly to you.
while we are clearing the air😆, here's another thing. You ignore questions people ask, dismissing them on hand. Not done when you cant even get the answer correct later on.
Yeah? Actually you are the one asking meaningless questions and nitpicking where there is no need ( I won't stoop down to your level and term questions as nonsense like you are some know-it-all).
meaningless is as meaningless perceives.😆 You built grand notions about all the science you were reading and i just wanted to point out how so much of it is as blind as your "blind speculations" can be. The questions i asked were to nudge you in that direction.

Yeah, time sin't represented by ct? Please tell me how is the time dimension denoted? And I have repeated that dividing ct by t will result in velocity dimension but yo don't want to listen.

Yeah, don't assume what I will ask and not ask. I have been replying to your questions, but you now seem to think they are "nonsense" while repeating the same stuff. And if you can't have reasonable discussion when people answer your question and point out flaws, maybe you should not reply.

sure, let me help there.😆 Time dimension should be in units of time.Why, are you proposing something else?
To plot something like a rate of change in the time dimension, you'd need time on both Y-axis and X-axis. And that's exactly where it starts becoming self-referential, which is a nice way of saying nonsensical.
and what is ct divided by t that you bring up? If by c you mean velocity, then that velocity is a distance-based velocity. Something like metres per second. That's not rate of change on the time dimension. That c has distance plotted on the Y axis, and time on the X axis. Not time on both axis. Get the picture now?
K.Universe. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
^^ Birdie, your line of questioning is violating the basic principles of Physics. How can motion happen in space alone or time alone? Why would time exist on both x-axis and y-axis? We don't just live in 3D space nor do we live in just 1D time. It's a continuum remember? You are setting up your own definitions for self-reference and shooting them down gleefully. None of the time travel methods, backed by Math, talk about traveling in 1 dimension as far as I know. Otherwise, please bring up one method that a renowned scientist proposed as a means to do time travel and weigh in with your current argument against that.
CuckooCutter7 thumbnail

Originally posted by: K.Universe.

^^ Birdie, your line of questioning is violating the basic principles of Physics. How can motion happen in space alone or time alone? Why would time exist on both x-axis and y-axis? We don't just live in 3D space nor do we live in just 1D time. It's a continuum remember? You are setting up your own definitions for self-reference and shooting them down gleefully. None of the time travel methods, backed by Math, talk about traveling in 1 dimension as far as I know. Otherwise, please bring up one method that a renowned scientist proposed as a means to do time travel and weigh in with your current argument against that.

sorry i dont agree. Look at it as vector projections and then we should have components, whether zero or otherwise on the various dimensions. ie. Velocity along any plane/ surface/ cube/ multicube can be projected onto a dimension. If one is going at a 45 degree angle, the vector has projections on both x and y axis ie mathemetically there is movement along both the axis. Similarly if we were to conceptualize movement in space-time, there should be a velocity projection on the time dimension. But based on the arguments i raised, that should be self-referential. So much of the math in physics is built using vectors and tensors that my use of vectors should not be a stretch.
Edited by BirdieNumNum - 11 years ago
Freethinker112 thumbnail

cause and effect buddy.😆 It's the tone, buddy, and the dismissive "blind speculations". Work on it and then perhaps you can have people respond civilly to you.

If you think answering your posts and pointing out faults is bad tone and you can't respond civilly to them, then tough luck buddy. You won't be able to be civil in discussions.

while we are clearing the air😆, here's another thing. You ignore questions people ask, dismissing them on hand. Not done when you cant even get the answer correct later on.

What exactly have I ignored?

meaningless is as meaningless perceives.😆 You built grand notions about all the science you were reading and i just wanted to point out how so much of it is as blind as your "blind speculations" can be. The questions i asked were to nudge you in that direction.

And I am answering your questions and pointing out faults in them.

sure, let me help there.😆 Time dimension should be in units of time.Why, are you proposing something else?

To plot something like a rate of change in the time dimension, you'd need time on both Y-axis and X-axis. And that's exactly where it starts becoming self-referential, which is a nice way of saying nonsensical.
and what is ct divided by t that you bring up? If by c you mean velocity, then that velocity is a distance-based velocity. Something like metres per second. That's not rate of change on the time dimension. That c has distance plotted on the Y axis, and time on the X axis. Not time on both axis. Get the picture now?

If I am not mistaken, in plotting spacetime, time axis is represented by ct, which is a unit of distance. It is done to maintain dimensional consistency, otherwise you will be adding or subtracting time to/from distance which will be meaningless.

And what exactly is the rate of change of time you are asking about? Asking how much time does it take to move in time makes as much as sense as asking how much distance it takes to cover a distance aka no sense.
Freethinker112 thumbnail

sorry i dont agree. Look at it as vector projections and then we should have components, whether zero or otherwise on the various dimensions. ie. Velocity along any plane/ surface/ cube/ multicube can be projected onto a dimension. If one is going at a 45 degree angle, the vector has projections on both x and y axis ie mathemetically there is movement along both the axis. Similarly if we were to conceptualize movement in space-time, there should be a velocity projection on the time dimension. But based on the arguments i raised, that should be self-referential. So much of the math in physics is built using vectors and tensors that my use of vectors should not be a stretch.

That's exactly why I posted about four-velocity. It states that we all are moving through spacetime at c. Thus a mass object at rest is just moving through time dimension at c.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four-velocity

Also, velocity makes sense with respect to both space and time. Velocity by definition is rate of change of displacement with respect to time. Talking about velocity without space makes no sense. But that was in classical sense. In relativity, you got four-velocity vector with 4 components, one through time also.
Freethinker112 thumbnail

@ Bold 1: If you are sober ( Unlike me 😛 ) and can re read what you have just written ..you ll know that both those things mean the same .. 😆 ..I mean WTH 😆 ..This is nothing short of insane ...Space between the two points increasing / expanding is the same as those two points moving away from each other ... 😆

Not exactly. Distance increasing between two objects maybe because of motion or the space between them expands. Like you stick two stickers on balloon and then inflate it. The distance between the stickers increase but they are not moving wrt to balloon. That's what I am trying to say.

@ Bold 2: Objection My Lord ..😆 these are contradictory statements ..If it has NO boundary it is infinite ... 😆 We should rather put it this way ... " WE NO NOTHING" <<<<<< Hahahaha 😆 Yay ! That's the right way ...We don't know if it has a boundary ..If you think it hasn't on the basis of assumptions ..I would say it has on the basis of my cranky assumptions ...

No, no boundary doesn't necessarily means infinite. The surface of the earth has no boundaries or edges but it is not infinite, is it?