l - l = H

8/2 = o

o + o = 8

c + c = o

c + c + c + c = 8

x/2 = v

l \ l = N

l + _ = T

And what exactly is that supposed to mean? I have a vague idea but I would like to hear it from you.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Freethinker112

Many of the things reside in your brain. If you lose your memory, many of those things will be wiped out. But yeah, the consciousness will remain. The ability to think. And yes, I believe science will find about this one day. And if it happens in our life time, I will surely give you a heads up. 😉

And would you bet your eternal soul that it would: both make sense & appeal to my psyche. The latter is quite a hefty claim. And even if you don't believe in souls, just bet on it.

And what exactly is that supposed to mean? I have a vague idea but I would like to hear it from you.

That I have nothing better to do and am just screwing around with nonsensical math.

What was your idea?
Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BirdieNumNum

i dont know if it is expanding. For all the theory and suppositions i've read that says it is, i still find it mind-boggling. And i have precisely the questions you have as to what it might be expanding into. I've seen geometrical descriptions of it where it seems as if everything is on the surface of a balloon but that would still not answer the question.

Yes, it is expanding, many phenomenon are cause by it. And the balloon analogy is not 100% correct. When a balloon expands, it has space outside to expand into. But the 3D space can expand without being contained in a higher dimension.

regarding time travel, i'd answer that on 2 levels. First, i think it is illogical for an object to travel "back" in time. That would result in all kinds of retro results and would require us to surpass speed of light, which is a central tenet . Second, how can you travel in a time dimension? What specifically is the rate of change in a time dimension?

I replied to this before too. Why are you stuck onto the notion that time has to behave as spatial dimension? It is not a spatial dimension.

Also, I posted the formula. Crossing C won't give you a negative term, rather an imaginary one. So, one won't be travelling back in time. Also, we are moving through time and can just slow it down by fast travel. And there is no problem of units. I have repeated this many times, time dimension is represented by ct, which on division by t leaves a dimension of velocity.
Freethinker112 thumbnail

i really dont know what to accept- the theory that has supposedly been proven or the physical reality i perceive. Either way, the questions remain. Perhaps there is some other explanation for the background radiation etc and not necessarily the big bang one. Perhaps we have something else that solves out exactly the same way as the big bang but we dont know. For me, something makes sense if it can explain more than it glosses over. There are just too many questions that remain for me to say one way or the other. I know i am sounding like a layman but that's my honest reaction..

but here's a question- if physicists really understand what they claim to know, how come they cant articulate it clearly? When someone cant articulate something clearly, especially if its in their chosen area of study, i often wonder if they really understand anything.

That's exactly why we test mathematical models. I said this before, you can come up with many models which will be sound mathematically, but there is no use if they are not consistent with reality. That's why we are trying to explain what we see, not fit our universe in what we can create on paper.

About articulating, I know many people who can understand things quickly but suck at explaining. That's why intelligent ones don't always make a good teacher.
Freethinker112 thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

That I have nothing better to do and am just screwing around with nonsensical math.

What was your idea?

Something like that, that you would say just because it is maths it makes sense. 😆 Which individual statements does. 😉
Vintage.Wine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Muaaahhahahaha !! 😆

Coming to the Universe's expanding nature I would like to say that it has a very simple meaning ...All that it means is The Galaxies are constantly moving away from each other ...The universe as in the space part of it which holds all matter can't expand ..cause if it can its not infinite ..😛

You call Titin as Methionyl threonylthreonyl glutaminylarginyl...isoleucine..in a tetchy way just to make it sound too abstruse and baffling to the innocent audience you naughty physics geeks ... .😆

Vintu 😛
Edited by Vintage.Wine - 11 years ago

Something like that, that you would say just because it is maths it makes sense. 😆 Which individual statements does. 😉

Or logical statements that make perfect sense. If a glass is half empty, it is half full. So if a glass is fully empty, it is fully full.

Freethinker112 thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Or logical statements that make perfect sense. If a glass is half empty, it is half full. So if a glass is fully empty, it is fully full.

Which is wrongly assumed. You are assuming a glass being x empty means it is x full. While the actual logic is that glass being x empty means it is 1-x full. It's a coincidence that x and 1-x are same for x=1/2.
CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Yes, it is expanding, many phenomenon are cause by it. And the balloon analogy is not 100% correct. When a balloon expands, it has space outside to expand into. But the 3D space can expand without being contained in a higher dimension.

I replied to this before too. Why are you stuck onto the notion that time has to behave as spatial dimension? It is not a spatial dimension.

Also, I posted the formula. Crossing C won't give you a negative term, rather an imaginary one. So, one won't be travelling back in time. Also, we are moving through time and can just slow it down by fast travel. And there is no problem of units. I have repeated this many times, time dimension is represented by ct, which on division by t leaves a dimension of velocity.

look buddy some people know more of this stuff than you ever will reading up wikipedia, yet have the humility to say they dont know for sure. That's a different perspective than you might ever have had, but you still need to learn to respect it.
and no i am not stuck. You keep asking nonsensical questions one after the other so there is no stop. Now you are asking why i am insisting on a spatial dimension for time. Call it whatever you want, your answer "dimension of velocity" above is totally wrong. On the time dimension, the change is in time units. You divide by time because that's what velocity requires. The result is a dimensionless quantity. Now dont ask why one needs to figure out velocity, although that will be the kind of thing you've been asking. It's pretty basis, if you cant figure that one out, perhaps there's no point replying to you.