If you believe in God, refute this! - Page 88

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: K.Universe.

Birdie,

You would appreciate GR and SR more f you spend less time on sites such as rebelscience.org and more time on .edu sites.

You would appreciate the relation between space and time if you put in more time understanding the speed of light.

You would appreciate the interpretations of GR and SR more if you read textbooks and doctorate papers rather than watching Back to the Future and Superman movies.

Finally, please stop saying CTL. It is FTL.

wrong, i dont even mean FTL. I meant CTC. 😆

now could you answer the questions raised instead of issuing directives? Specifically, how is time travel possible in the time dimension? Second, do you want sites that will show physicists rejecting the "science" you were espousing about retrocausality? They are starting to rule out things like CTC from this universe, you know. See, when your interpretations look like a duck, act like a duck and talk like a duck, just know they just might be a duck.

as for your directives, are you claiming you understand GR and SR? A few pages back, you were folding up.😆

now as long as we are on a debate site, be ready to debate. And since you are free issuing directives, here's some you might want to follow yourself- use whatever information you find anywhere on God's earth, just dont throw books and encycloedias and gobbledydook at people to impress. Intelligence is in being able to succinctly explain what you want to, not in providing voluminous jargon. Now, here's the thing: the thrust of all the points i made remain, deal with them if you can. Hope this helps sort out your confusion.
CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

By the way, it's wavelengths not frequencies. Come on now!

and you claim to understand physics? Buddy, this is EE 101 stuff. 😆 But, since you are into googling, look up the relationship between frequency and wavelength. Turns out you might want to read some of the stuff you were throwing my way.😆
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Does color actually have an objective reality?

Is the red paint can actually colored red or reflected the red wavelength of light?

Is the color white actually white or just reflecting all wavelengths of light?

Is the color black actually black or just absorbing all wavelengths of light?

Is color real or just an illusion of light?
CuckooCutter7 thumbnail

footprints? that's my next question for you.

sure, shoot away. Footprints as in detectors as in spectrographs.

anything else you want to ask?😆
CuckooCutter7 thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Does color actually have an objective reality?

Is the red paint can actually colored red or reflected the red wavelength of light?

Is the color white actually white or just reflecting all wavelengths of light?

Is the color black actually black or just absorbing all wavelengths of light?

Is color real or just an illusion of light?

yes, every color has an associated frequency/ wavelength, or a spectrum of such wavelengths/ frequencies.

K, for your information, wavelength and frequency are inversely related. Specify one for an electromagnetic wave and you get the other. Dont sweat it out😆
K.Universe. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BirdieNumNum

yes, every color has an associated frequency/ wavelength, or a spectrum of such wavelengths/ frequencies.

K, for your information, wavelength and frequency are inversely related. Specify one for an electromagnetic wave and you get the other. Dont sweat it out😆

You take one more cheap shot at me, you will not hear from me again.

Why don't you tell me why your brought frequencies into play and not wavelengths when talking about color and we will take it from there.

K.Universe. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BirdieNumNum

sure, shoot away. Footprints as in detectors as in spectrographs.

anything else you want to ask?😆

and those detectors are observer dependent making color subjective and not objective.
CuckooCutter7 thumbnail

OK, that definition of physical is a little disorienting. You managed to combine Physics and Math and arrive at a new discipline!

Yes and yes to the questions on space.

Not only it curves, it bends, it twists and it even rips (as in black holes). Why is that stupefying?

In fact, space "adjusts" itself on the fly to accommodate the speed of light. Let's discuss that if you would like :)

i'd love to take credit for creating a new discipline, but sorry can't do. That feather in the cap belongs to the math gurus who've covered themselves in the physics halo.😆

as for space curving, again that's just a geometrical interpretation. Dont take it too literally. Although come to think of it, a while ago you had agreed it was a mathematical construct. Now you seem to have flip-flopped.

CuckooCutter7 thumbnail

and those detectors are observer dependent making color subjective and not objective.

there you go again. A spectrograph is about as robotic and unthinking as a machine can be. But fine, if it helps you somehow, go for it. A spectrograph observer. Fine?😆
CuckooCutter7 thumbnail

You take one more cheap shot at me, you will not hear from me again.

Why don't you tell me why your brought frequencies into play and not wavelengths when talking about color and we will take it from there.

sorry buddy, but you started it. Instead of debating the questions/ issues raised, you tried to undermine what i was saying by suggesting extra reading..That's the problem here. You never know who you're dealing with on the other side. Perhaps i believe in some of the things, but am playing devil's advocate. Rather than get a reasoned response, i found the response insulting.

my apologies anyway. let's get on with the debate. It's been good so far, thanks to you.😊