Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

And I don't think science can ever answer the question.

What makes you think so?
Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
@ Birdie and K

About testing of GR, Google shows this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tests_of_general_relativity

So, how are you saying it is pure maths?

Edit - Saw K's post where he listed things that have been verified.
Edited by Freethinker112 - 11 years ago
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vintage.Wine

ANGIE ...😛
@ Bold: Complete Heart transplant? ... ...WTH ...Hahahha ...Cheeky you ...want me to Lose my HEART eh? 😆

Vintu 😛

The "change of heart" was a suggestion directed at the fundamentalists. Your Heart is very much safe with you so rejoice.
_Angie_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vintage.Wine

And yeah ..Such a cranky debate engendered cause Freethinka broke everything down to the Electron level ..😆 ..He called the visually 2 D images that we draw, as 3 D ones as the material to draw em is made of 3 D particles .. 😆

Yeah thats what I thought you were upto but K seems to have taken that lead seriously and came up with the virtual particles !

_Angie_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: K.Universe.

The fundamental particles can't be broken down further, which is why they are fundamental, so all of them could be accounted for, depending upon what's being done to the body after death. Some energy is transferred to other systems, some energy is lost in the form of heat but the total energy is conserved.

But again it all depends on what's done to the body. if you drop a nuke on the poor schmuck, then the fundamental particles "decay" in the following sense:

This is what I dug up from the net -

"In physics, a virtual particle is a mathematical or explanatory conception that appears in some ways like an actual particle, but only as an intermediary and contributory component of an elementary subatomic process of combined creation and annihilation, an actual reaction that links some physically concretely detectable input and output subatomic particles or quantum fields. The distinguishing characteristic of a virtual particle is that it is off mass shell."

"Since each particular virtual particle appears in just one of several contributory explanatory or potential component processes of an actual physical reaction, and since each contributory explanatory process can involve it in unphysical adventures, it makes no sense to try to think of physically detecting it."

"There are many observable physical phenomena that arise in interactions involving virtual particles."

see a resemblance to GOD here 😲 😆

Vintage.Wine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Freethinker112

I don't think you need to worry about the effects as it is not possible to accelerate a body with non zero mas to speed of light.

Freethinka 😛

Welcome back ...And this time I saw where you had exactly gone for those two tricky days you remain absent here every week ..The crystal ball helped much ...Haha ..The picture was crystalline ..You preach spirituality to the outside world on freaky Fridays and Swanky Saturdays ..and then get back on here to argue the opposite ...Nice way to counter test your own arguments out eh ! 😆 ..You just wanna change everything radically ..Believers to agnostics ( and vice versa .. ) ...Saints to Evils ..Wine to Coke ..Yehaha ..Got ya now ...That's your FUN Game ..😆

@ The Bold: Exactly my point ..But in a case of an ODD IF ..The body must energize ..I mean convert into energy ..I have watched that happen ( Online of course 😆 ) on Captain Kirk's Enterprise ..They used a platform to Energize themselves to travel to even the farthest corners of the universe with a flip of an eyelid ..😆

Vintu 😊

_Angie_ thumbnail

We can keep copying/transferring information but at any given point, there should be a decoder to decode whatever was encoded. Even in the case of a DNA, to read and process instructions, the creation of RNA is necessary. If everyone's dead, all there would be is raw data. As good as any other electronic media.

Nice way to put it. Perhaps the raw data can exist for eternity... without something to decode it there would be no expression. A DNA can lie dormant, unexpressed till the RNAs start the traslation and transcription process depending on the feedback system.
The whole system would have to be in place for a particular expression!
Vintage.Wine thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Angie_

The "change of heart" was a suggestion directed at the fundamentalists. Your Heart is very much safe with you so rejoice.

Angie

So you want me to become a fundamentalist now ? Just to get rid of my current heart and get a new one.. The sweet Lab Dab of which would sound like music to my ears ? 😆 ...I ain't saying my heart is antwacky and its melody passe ..but I have every right to get bored hearing the same beat / tune for long ...I need a change ..Do you too need a change ? ( Or have ya already done with that ? 😛 ) Be honest ..We can barter the hearts and see if that works wonders for us .. <<< 😆 << Kidding .. 😆

Hic !

Vintu 😛

CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Freethinker112

@ Birdie and K

About testing of GR, Google shows this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tests_of_general_relativity

So, how are you saying it is pure maths?

Edit - Saw K's post where he listed things that have been verified.

you asked two questions:
1. it is pure maths because it is. It has field equations and other such math-like properties. Do you see those equations floating around in space?
2. yes, the predictions from that math has been verified in many ways. If in fact you find someone who can disprove that, you should be sure to give them a nobel prize.
now here's the point we might have missed while we were spending time on various wikipedia sites- that math does not have a physical interpretation. We still dont know what gravity is even after all that math. Take Newton's law on gravitation. We know the math equation. But we still dont know what causes it. Coming to GR, it has multiple alternative solutions and physical interpretations based on those solutions. Once we start making interpretations based on GR, thats when we start getting into fantasy land, because some of them do lead you there. Take retrocausality for example. Is it proved? No. Does it stop "physicists" from trying to think up all kinds of tricks such as CTL to get us there? No. So we keep putting out science fiction for 50 years and then someone comes along and says that our universe has to rule out CTL. Boss, there is as much speculation with this stuff as with others. GR is only the tip of the iceberg. That math seems to be verified. But a lot of other theories built around it is your kind "blind speculation", not that it has stopped anyone from concocting those.
Vintage.Wine thumbnail

The fundamental particles can't be broken down further, which is why they are fundamental, so all of them could be accounted for, depending upon what's being done to the body after death. Some energy is transferred to other systems, some energy is lost in the form of heat but the total energy is conserved.

But again it all depends on what's done to the body. if you drop a nuke on the poor schmuck, then the fundamental particles "decay" in the following sense:

K .. 😛

Many thanks for the illustration mon .. but then if you remember I made sure I used that ' IN MOST COMMON CASES' in my post ...I wouldnta gone digging it down to the subatomic level ..Bur Free had flipped me out nuff taking the visually 2D things to the Electron level .. 😆

The whole point though was the amount of matter ( consisting of electrons / Protons / Neutrons ) in whatever form must remain same in quantity ..unless its vaporized / transformed to the gas / Electromagnetic waves .. and escapes the system .. The energy transformation and conservation that is ..😆 In common everyday scenarios again .. << 😛 Angie's explanation though has helped much .. Thanks to her ... 😉

Nothing much to be read into that apart from that one statement ...We must now carry on with the other aspects of the debate .keeping this cranky stuff at bay 😆