Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vintage.Wine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: K.Universe.

We will get to the other questions in a bit but let's knock the easy ones out of the ballpark first.

Yes, the energy is not sufficient because the dead person isn't eating/drinking anymore :)

Technically, no aerobic or anaerobic metabolism going on.

K .. πŸ˜›

Yep ...That ll be a nice way to go about it ..Less tedious prima facie ...πŸ˜† ...Of course the metabolism and the energies ( In all forms ..) shall be considered ..With a start point being what preceded what ? LIFE / Metabolism or its Absence and of course the DEATH ..in the most common cases that is ..πŸ˜›

Till then I would opt to pull my head in ...and try to emulate the nature ( Its balance I mean πŸ˜† ) with the life so cozy with a beer so cold .πŸ˜†

Vintu πŸ˜›

Vintage.Wine thumbnail
Science has got you guys going crrraaazzzyyy !!! LOL[/QUOTE

Aya πŸ˜›

Hahaha .. May be the opposite is true ..πŸ˜† ...It could be us who make the science seem / go crazy ...I would gather my clue about what next to do from you ...The Nice tag line change you came up with that is...πŸ˜† ...from Inactive to wanting to go home .

I too would love to go home ..Your home i mean πŸ˜† ..Where the craziness ceases to exist ...Or shall we build one far far away in a distant niche of the cosmos in a neighborhood where all mysteries stand resolved ? πŸ˜†

Vintu Zodiac πŸ˜†
CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

That's one way of looking at it.

If you take an event to be at a specific point in space and a specific moment in time, then of course the event occurs only once at a unique place and a unique time in a given frame of reference. You can only observe it (that too hypothetically) and not interact with it after it occurs in that frame of reference.

You could tell me how exactly did special relativity or similar disciplines mislead you there and if that's convincing we could end discussions on "time travel" right after that, without getting into light cones and world-lines.

from what i read ages ago, I think Einstein himself could not fathom how his grand theory could allow something as ridiculous as time travel. But he went along with folks like Godel who claimed that spacetime of GR allowed time travel through CTL. He was damned if he agreed and he was damned if he did not. If he did not agree, he would have undermined the geometrical interpretation of gravity that his own theory was built on, with possible loss of credibility.

i think GR is great math but where people have gone astray is in giving it a physical interpretation. We can now keep debating this, but the fact remains- for something to travel in spacetime, it has to also be able to travel in the time dimension and that's a self-referential dimensionless quantity. Ability to view things like "starbucks" and the napoleonic wars is great, but it doesn't lead to time travel. There's no physical reality that corresponds to "spacetime" which would imply a time dimension. It is just math which unfortunately a lot of great minds have taken literally as having a physical counterpart leading them to ridiculous science-fiction type conclusions.

CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aya.

Science has got you guys going crrraaazzzyyy !!! LOL

sad, na? πŸ˜†

with the kind of science we now accept as gospel, we should be able to go back to the past, get to re-live our lives all over again, avoid mistakes we know we had made, and make a fortune because we'd know what would come later (take stock prices for example). And we could hit the reset button just before we know we were going to die, making sure we never had to experience the misfortune of first having to die before getting to heaven. Awesome. But i wonder why no one asks for "testable hypothesis" when it comes to this kind of "science".πŸ˜†

Edited by BirdieNumNum - 11 years ago
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

As of now, I have no idea what use information has (regardless of which event we are talking about) but it looks like the whole purpose is to "know". I don't know towards what end. If that weren't the case, there would be no such thing as curiosity. There would be no hunger for knowledge. The fact that human generations had hunger for knowledge since time immemorial makes me think that there has to be a reason behind this accumulation of information, behind the yearning for knowledge.

The "why" is the most enigmatic of them all and there seems to be no verifiable answers to the whys.
_Angie_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vintage.Wine

So human body which has enormous number of electrons and protons and ever decaying neutrons ( Even during the life time ) must not shrink within months because of such phenomena.. There is something else that goes missing for this to happen..Or the particles get absorbed by some other means ..

Vintu πŸ˜›

What happens to the electrons ( And I had presented a condition where a dead person's body is kept in a glass casket ..Let me widen it's scope and say ..Vaccume . or simple Bacteria / Fungi free environment ..) Would the body retain it's size / shape and appearance if kept in such environment ? Free from Bacteria / Fungi ? ( If that's the case then we should be able to preserve one's body eternally ) ..What happens to the Electrons and other sub atomic particles when decomposition happens? Why can't the Electrons / the energy particles keep the person alive ? Is that energy not sufficient ? Which in turn means another energy musta been present when the person was living .. To summarize everything ..I was trying to ask what happens to the Sub atomic particles of the body (which have a huge Half Life) ..after death ..Because such particles must remain constant in number even after the death and they obviously constitute to a great part of the body ..

Vintu ..πŸ˜† ( In RED this time ...πŸ˜› )

Whats up with the electrons! πŸ˜•

Keeping the body in a sterile casket would only delay the putrefaction not stop it all together. The human body is a mini-universe in itself teeming with microbial life. Other than these bacteria the intracellular enzymes would set about digesting the cells. The lysosomes in a cell can be compared to suicide bombers. These cellular organelles get activated when the cellular function breaks down and release the enzyme that starts the autolysis process of cells, breaking cellular organelles, membranes releasing gases and fluids in the process. After initial bloating of the body it would shrink due to liquefaction of tissues, and disintegration of organic substances into simpler forms of matter.

_Angie_ thumbnail

Yep ...That ll be a nice way to go about it ..Less tedious prima facie ...πŸ˜† ...Of course the metabolism and the energies ( In all forms ..) shall be considered ..With a start point being what preceded what ? LIFE / Metabolism or its Absence and of course the DEATH ..in the most common cases that is ..πŸ˜›

Are we going into definition of life and a chicken first or egg kind of discussion?
_Angie_ thumbnail

Angie .πŸ˜› ...Gosh ! ... (S)he beautiful ☺️ ...Silky, wavy, glazing hair ...Sparkling white teeth ...A dazzling figure ..and a real enchanting countenance...Pinch me somewhere Angie ..Oh! Please ! πŸ˜† I wanna make sure my dream ( Girl ) has finally come true .. πŸ˜†

On a serious note: If return to hades accepts your suggestion and dresses up like that ...Many weak hearted ones at the halloween party might have a massive heart attack ...And hold ya responsible for that ... So keep ready to pay for their ANGIE O' PLASTY you Evil thing πŸ˜† <<<<< Kidding πŸ˜†

Vintu πŸ˜›

Heidi Klum did cause quite a stir with that costume but of a different nature. That Maa Kali avtaar during Halloween led to some heart burns amongst the fundamentalists. Angioplasty wouldn't help there. I' d recommend a complete heart transplant .πŸ˜†

She looks prettier in that costume in this video . Don't miss those spell binding blood shot eyes and sparkling sharp canines! Ogle at your own risk Tongue

Vintage.Wine thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Angie_

Heidi Klum did cause quite a stir with that costume but of a different nature. That Maa Kali avtaar during Halloween led to some heart burns amongst the fundamentalists. Angioplasty wouldn't help there. I' d recommend a complete heart transplant .πŸ˜†

She looks prettier in that costume in this video . Don't miss those spell binding blood shot eyes and sparkling sharp canines! Ogle at your own risk πŸ˜›

ANGIE ...πŸ˜›
@ Bold: Complete Heart transplant? ... ...WTH ...Hahahha ...Cheeky you ...want me to Lose my HEART eh? πŸ˜† ..And that was the funniest disclaimer ever put in place ...Especially in the context of the ramifications ( Of watching more of her in that attire ) you warned me about ...

No Angie ..No ...😭 ...I don't think my Soft heart ( And I have only one .. ) can endure such spooky sights ..And how the heck am I supposed to arrange a new heart for myself ? Unfortunately I don't know many ( In fact none ) who ll help me with that ..

Huh! No ..I have decided against watching that video ...UNLESS you Promise me that you will Give me the Heart ... Err ! arrange me a heart I meant ...πŸ˜† ..Sheesh ! Double entendre ... They just keep happening on their own ...πŸ˜†

Vintu πŸ˜›

Vintage.Wine thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Angie_

Whats up with the electrons! πŸ˜•

Keeping the body in a sterile casket would only delay the putrefaction not stop it all together. The human body is a mini-universe in itself teeming with microbial life. Other than these bacteria the intracellular enzymes would set about digesting the cells. The lysosomes in a cell can be compared to suicide bombers. These cellular organelles get activated when the cellular function breaks down and release the enzyme that starts the autolysis process of cells, breaking cellular organelles, membranes releasing gases and fluids in the process. After initial bloating of the body it would shrink due to liquefaction of tissues, and disintegration of organic substances into simpler forms of matter.

Angie πŸ˜›

@ Bold: I LOVE Electrons ☺️ ...Yeah πŸ˜› ..IDK why but I find em CUTE πŸ˜› ...They are unseen ..Unknown ...Yet so powerful .So influential ..Haha ..No wonder they remind me of you πŸ˜›

Well that was a rip snorter of an explanation
...You must be a Medical professional..I bet ..i bet .. I had that kinda notion from your earlier posts ... πŸ˜› Trust me ..I ain't kidding here ..

The whole point was Angie ..I wanted to know ..Such Microorganism exists in a body even when one is alive ..The anti Bodies fight that off ..Well ..But after the death ..as they change the form of the bodily material ..How much of that converts into Gases that can flee the body ? Cause if the same is converted to other solid or liquid forms ..I guess the amount of Electrons ..I mean the material must remain same ..though in a different form ..So the conversion to the gas fetches my attention ..

And yeah ..Such a cranky debate engendered cause Freethinka broke everything down to the Electron level ..πŸ˜† ..He called the visually 2 D images that we draw, as 3 D ones as the material to draw em is made of 3 D particles .. πŸ˜†

I may be making little or even no sense here ..But I bet you would understand that by a Layman's point of view ...Step into my shoes Angie ..Huh! No ..Step into my mind 😭 for a moment and think the way I do .. And you ll know it all .. πŸ˜†

Vintu πŸ˜›

PS: ...Um.. Can ya suggest me some medication for my malignant throat irritation ? <<<<Kidding πŸ˜†