Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vintage.Wine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Summer3

Yes Vintage Bhai, I think this discussion does make us more introspective and reevaluate our thinking. \πŸ˜†

Summer πŸ˜›

Fairy nuff ! Have ya had a once over at the Mythological Masti forum ? Ashwatthhama thread..I have posted there ..That topic can be stretched along those lines ..We can discuss the Spiritual aspect of this debate there in exclusivity .. πŸ˜† ...Or just open another thread for us Saintly creatures ..to discuss only Maya , karma , Heavens , The hell << Sounds so homely πŸ˜† ..

Vintu πŸ˜› ( On his way to attaining MOKSHA ☺️ )
Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vintage.Wine

We can't keep using the current models..We must find newer ones ..None of the prominent scientists got their Nobel for basing their theories on someone else's models πŸ˜† My examples were not testable cause such tests are currently not available with the branch of knowledge called Physics πŸ˜† They were reaper ...Only if we had chosen to analyze them with our own perspective and observations after spending so many years on the face of the world.. πŸ˜†

Then do it, as I have said many times. But you have to offer some improvement over the current ones. It's not that we change models just for the heck of it. Otherwise people will be like, round Earth is so mainstream, time to get the flat model in. πŸ˜†

Exactly ...Wavefunction fails here ...The thoughts do exist we know they do. ..Cause none of us would be able to write anything on here unless we are copy pasting the material from somewhere ..But even that would require minimal amount of thinking .. Also you have now accepted with that statement you made that dimensionless objects do exist ..ie : Electrons ...Electrons and Positrons are energy particles and their charge ( - ve or Positive ) can be felt / observed ...So you can't deny their existence..yet can't create their model based on dimensions ..And they do interact ..and even form our entire 3 D body ...Which means ..if you have to beak it down ..The structure of any mass / object including body you just can't stop at the 3 D atomic / molecular level ...Go down to the Electron / Quark level where it defo ain't 3 D

Pointlike particles doesn't mean they are dimensionless. Electron is a fundamental particle which means that we cannot see any substructure at the scales we can probe. Which is nearly 10^-18 m. At these scales too electron seem pointlike. But it does not mean it is dimensionless but that we can't see below it. Like a grain of salt may seem pointlike to you but it isn't. It's all matter of scale.

Unless we know what are "thoughts", we can't say anything about it.

Oh! energy does depend on momentum ..If we choose not to overlook Planck's theory ..So electron being a movable particle with unknown directions ..is still an energy which collides with another form of particle / energy or get reabsorbed ..This is the property of all energy ..

Actually on mass and momentum, not just momentum. A stationary object held at some height has potential energy. And yes, electrons have energy. Energy is a property of an object. Energy is not a separate thing.

<<<< This sounds a bit gone πŸ˜† So what is the function of the brain ? If spinal cord can generate signals ..the brain ain't needed ...We don't think but we do exactly what is required ..Doesn't that sound amusing ? Let's assume we meet some foxymoron and make a move on her and in 1 in a billion chance she decides to slap us πŸ˜†..our hand instantly moves up to our cheeks (The right ones ..Facial I mean πŸ˜† ) to stop such aggression .. This is just one example ...But they are many that describe the reflex action ..as blinking of an eyelid when some object tries to hit / enter one's eye .. πŸ˜† So those actions, before being engendered are carefully considered in a very short duration of time.. They are not vague ..They are indicative in nature ...which gives one a fair idea of the situation ..

Please read up on reflex arc. I am not going to post the same thing again and again. Reflex actions are decided by spinal cord not brain.

<< You might be saying this cause you believe that I assume that God is some Magician with 4 hands and 2 heads ....Who can fulfill our wishes and bless us πŸ˜†...NO ...I referred to the energy that made the first electron in the first known body move ..Which is true ..and here I would like to present ya with another question ..

What is the life cycle of an Electron ? If it is an energy it should never end ....And if Electrons make everything including our body ..they too should never die / destroyed as they are energy particles ...Which in turn means the death isn't THE END of everything ...even the electrons in the dead body are A. ALIVE inside that body ... B. ABSORBED ( After being emitted outta that .. The exact principle how SOUL moves from one body to another ...) So the death as even the science describes is not the end ..it is " THE PERMANENT IRREVERSIBLE LOSS OF CONSCIOUSNESS ) <<< Not the End of the life ... The consciousness is lost ..the energy though remains ...eternally ..or up to the stage where it is RE ABSORBED by the SOURCE where it came from .. = MOKSHA πŸ˜›

Electron was moving before the cell was formed. There was no divine interruption. Otherwise everything has soul.

Electrons are very stable. It can be annihilated with positron, which will release photons which are energy. So, energy in it will never be destroyed. Death is the end of consciousness, right. Where does that "energy" reside, and how is it propagated back?

This is passe knowledge that everyone knows for centuries Freethinka ..Let's think of something new now ...The uncertainty here is the same as that pertaining to the postion , location of the GOD and the SOUL ..You asked that many times ...And I would answer that the same way you answered about the Electrons ..They exist in a dimensionless state and in a indeterminate physical location ...πŸ˜†

Please read instead of blindly repeating stuff. They are not dimensionless in the sense you are thinking, pointlike does not actually mean a point. And as I said before, we just don't randomly change things because it is too mainstream.
But electron gives probability of existence. And it has other detectable properties. And we know about its interactions.

A human body gos through radical changes through our lifespan ..and even after the death ..( When the entire body is changed ) But tell me this ...You yourself have changed so much that you can't reckon yourself ..I ll tell ya how ... Consider the day when you were born ..You looked totally different then than how you look now ...If I present ya with a scene with a slight modification ..Let's say i ll show ya yourself on the 1st day in this world .along with a 1000 other babies born the same day ...Can you identify yourself outta those 1000 different babies ? Ho hell πŸ˜† ..Which means your Body then is not your Body now ...and your Body after when you are gone ..The New Body that you ll enter won't be the same as the current one ..You won't be able to identify yourself..even if you see pictures of you in the earlier life πŸ˜†

^^^^ The exception to this would be when you are sloshed ...You might identify you from your past life then ..Like I identified myself as the Tsar of Russia when I saw his picture after swigging some Saintly Vodka ... πŸ˜†

And how exactly is that supposed to say that there is a soul? Body grows and changes so there is a soul? What kind of reasoning is that?
Freethinker112 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Xaffron-

Please announce the end of this debate already!

😭

Pray to God. πŸ˜†
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Sage Vintage Bhai is saving us πŸ˜†
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Summer πŸ˜›

Fairy nuff ! Have ya had a once over at the Mythological Masti forum ? Ashwatthhama thread..I have posted there ..That topic can be stretched along those lines ..We can discuss the Spiritual aspect of this debate there in exclusivity .. πŸ˜† ...Or just open another thread for us Saintly creatures ..to discuss only Maya , karma , Heavens , The hell << Sounds so homely πŸ˜† ..

Vintu πŸ˜› ( On his way to attaining MOKSHA ☺️ )

Oh will check it later.
I am crazy about Radhe Shyam.
Freethinker112 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aya.

πŸ˜† Ok. I will when I have time.

Anyway, are you telling me that those who rape, kill, steal, etc. won't face any consequences ?
I'm not talking about the law, but even if they do get caught...that's punishment right there & if they get away with it, they end up in crap in the long run.

No, I am saying that it is not 100% guaranteed that they will face the consequences of what they have done. A direct effect is investigation and legal punishment. But they might escape. And may not end up in "crap". Serial killers, mostly psychopaths, have not a shred of regret. They are not capable of feeling remorse, guilt, or compassion. They will never feel bad. And if they escape the legal system, they will never "be in crap".
Freethinker112 thumbnail

Originally posted by: BirdieNumNum

K and others=> to make this interesting, let's have a debate on various assertions that have been made by renowned physicists. Let me kick it off by asking the simple question- is time travel possible? Will move to other topics after this.. My point will be that much of this pop-science stuff is in fact pseudo-science.πŸ˜‰

It will be interesting but what has that got to do with the topic at hand? Please don't make this a general discussion thread. πŸ˜†
Freethinker112 thumbnail
@ Angie and Birdie's posts regarding brain activity

I have read about that experiment before and it is quite interesting. It may mean that consciousness is the product of brain i.e. matter. A "screen" or "display output" where we see, read what has brain decided. The subconscious part of the brain is really a matter of interest. It is possible that the brain decides what to do. But shouldn't we then "know" instead of thinking consciously? And how does subconscious make decision? It has to be from all the information we receive throughout the life. Can it be something like reflex action? Like when touching something hot, spinal cord sends the signal for quick reaction rather than going all the way to brain. What if unconscious is the "fast" part? It meddles through all the data and makes a decision. And that is then output to consciousness. Like when we want to remember something. We don't go looking through neurons, do we? We just want to remember and the memories are there. Maybe this retrieving is done by sub conscious?
CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Freethinker112

It will be interesting but what has that got to do with the topic at hand? Please don't make this a general discussion thread. πŸ˜†

yeah sure. Meanwhile once you're done farming out all the free personal adviceπŸ˜†, you'd see that my question is relevant. Specifically, if we can show that most of what people spout off as sure science is psuedo science, then perhaps you might place a bit less reliance on it and feel the need to find other answers. And i intended to start with that question and move to other points that guys like you have taken for granted. Got the reply you wanted?πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
Edited by BirdieNumNum - 11 years ago
Freethinker112 thumbnail

Originally posted by: BirdieNumNum

yeah sure. Meanwhile once you're done farming out all the free personal adviceπŸ˜†, you'd see that my question is relevant. Specifically, if we can show that most of what people spout off as sure science is psuedo science, then perhaps you might place a bit less reliance on it and feel the need to find other answers. And i intended to start with that question and move to other points that guys like you have taken for granted. Got the reply you wanted?πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Of course there is a need for improving the models Birdie, that's what the scientists are doing. But if you think blind speculations combined with untestable hypothesis is an improvement, then I don't know if there can be a reply to that. πŸ˜•