Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
@RTH

I asked this before but looks like you missed it. Since you are a veteran member, I suppose you will know this. Is the 150 page rule a limitation of the forum software or a community rule?
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Freethinker112

@RTH

I asked this before but looks like you missed it. Since you are a veteran member, I suppose you will know this. Is the 150 page rule a limitation of the forum software or a community rule?

The 150 page is a community rule. Topics can go on for several pages and in the past have. It is just for logistical reasons. Too many pages can be cumbersome. Once the topic reaches 150 and you want to continue, you just open a Part II.

Freethinker112 thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

The 150 page is a community rule. Topics can go on for several pages and in the past have. It is just for logistical reasons. Too many pages can be cumbersome. Once the topic reaches 150 and you want to continue, you just open a Part II.

That's good for chat threads and such, but can an exception be made here? Because I think changing threads in midst of discussion such as this will break the flow and new members won't have any context because since the old one won't be bumped, it will fall back in the pages.
Edited by Freethinker112 - 11 years ago

That's good for chat threads and such, but can an exception be made here? Because I think changing threads in midst of discussion such as this will break the flow and new members won't have any context because since the old one won't be bumped, it will fall back in the pages.

The problem with exceptions can be, you make an exception for one group – every group thinks they are special and wants concessions. People will often accuse moderators of favoritism or inconsistency, if they make an exception. No matter what the reason behind. That is why typically DT may deny exceptions.

But you should definitely check with Souro and Aahana, usually DM is not as finicky as some other forums. They are also more reasonable than some other "strictly by the book" moderators.

Freethinker112 thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

The problem with exceptions can be, you make an exception for one group ' every group thinks they are special and wants concessions. People will often accuse moderators of favoritism or inconsistency, if they make an exception. No matter what the reason behind. That is why typically DT may deny exceptions.

But you should definitely check with Souro and Aahana, usually DM is not as finicky as some other forums. They are also more reasonable than some other "strictly by the book" moderators.

Oh okay, I will try contacting them. Thanks for your help. 😊 And pray to God that they permit me, will you? 😉 😆

Edited by Freethinker112 - 11 years ago

Oh okay, I will try contacting them. Thanks for your help. 😊 And pray to God that they permit me, will you? 😉 😆

There, there now. When did I say I pray?

You might need to find someone whose God listens to bribes and grant favors and basically cheats life for them. 😛

_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

@ Freethinker- We have had threads running into part-II on reaching page 150. I remember three threads -

1.Who am I- started by Mr. K.
2. Some of the MOTWs
3. A game thread started by Shads
The last one actually went on for more than 150 pages as it was granted 24 hours extra time to wind up the game.
If you do manage to persuade the Mods at the most you would get some extra time or a few pages more but would that suffice to reach a verdict 😆
You may as well go in for part-II of the thread that can go on till next 150 pages for upto a year ater which I think the thread gets locked. You could post the link of this thread on the very first post in part-II. That way it will be easy to look up any posts in part-1 of the topic.
However, you seem to be one persistent guy and just might pull it off on this thread itself , so all the best !
Vintage.Wine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Hey Free ..

At least ask the MODS to make this thread STICKY ...So that the GOD'S thread always remains on DM's first page at the TOP ( And people don't lose reference..) ...After all GOD deserves a HIGHER position 😆..Here and Everywhere ...

Oh! Yeah ...and also make sure you ask em to make the Part 2 ..Part 3 ...and other parts that ll follow STICKY too ...Until we end up finding the GOD ...Which ll be never ...😆

Vintu 😛
Vintage.Wine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I don't think they will do you any good. Because IIRC, matter was created some time after the big bang.

Free ... 😆

We obviously can't shrug off that idea like that ...A couple of minutes is all it took for the Newly created Universe to cool off to 3 quadrillion Kelvins ...and hadrons ( Protons and Neutrons ) reacted to form Helium nucleus and the Hydrogen isotope ...The baryons ie: Electrons existed even before this ...without interacting with the hadrons ..The point is 2 minutes after the Big Bang is not a great deal ...Its getting as close to the Big bang as one can ...

This is a proven fact ..I ain't joking here ...😆 ...The deuterium have been found ..which is a material proof of the existence of Hydrogen and Helium seconds after the Big bang ..and there is no reason why we shouldn't believe they existed even prior to that ...And if they didn't they were created in that cranky reaction that took place when the Plasma Soup was blown ...Those 2 minutes are as Crucial as the RYE in the fine Vodka ...What / Who created the leptons ? When quarks is not their basic material ...Can the electrons be created in a laboratory ? If we can ..we can at least proclaim to be Demi Gods ..If not the Gods ... 😆 ...

Some reference and reading is warranted here ...I ll do that ..and tell ya how exactly the imbalance between the Material and Anti Material created the first Electron ....I hope I could do that before losing my mental balance ...😆 ..Or the last drop of Vodka in the town is over ...Whichever happens first ... 😆

Vintu 😛

K.Universe. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
^^

Hadron epoch preceded Lepton epoch and Quark epoch preceded Hadron epoch.

As you know, electrons, muons, tau and their associated neutrinos fall under leptons. Your point that electrons existed before hadrons is not accurate.

Also, CP symmetry was violated not just to produce electrons but protons and neutrons as well. I am not sure why you are emphasizing the CP violation that produced more electrons and fewer positrons.