Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Freethinker112

If that is the case, which might not be as Universe is currently accelerating, rather than being caught in the cycle, better question would be the origin of the "thing" caught in cycle. How did the "thing" caught in the cycle came to be.
we dont know if the thing caught in the cycle is separate from the cycle.
We know that energy can't be created or destroyed. So, how did all this energy came to be?
If we know the former then the question does not stand as it could only mean that energy always existed in some form or other.

Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vintage.Wine

Free ...
Aww ...Hahaha 😆 ..So you are playing safe here ...We can't discuss spirituality cause it has no scientific evidence ...We can't discuss the creation of the universe ...Cause no one knows about it ... My point is we are here to think FREELY 😆 ..Without confining our views to known knowledge ..Some Hypothesis must be put in place ...All hypothesis is imaginary till its proven eventually with experiments ..that doesn't mean we should refrain from having one .. You can't take both stance ..and be on the summit of both Everest and Lhotse at the same sloshed time 😆

Yes, but a hypothesis which has existed for so long should move forward now. 😆 We are free to discuss what could be, without evidence, but we can't say that it is the case.

Where are we headed ? So we wanna scout for God's existence on a greater cosmic level ? Trying to guess what happened at the time of big bang? or are should we resort to macro level and everyday observations ..( The question regarding the late body movements still remains unseen ... 😆 ) ?

That would be clear if someone defined God precisely. We could go looking once we know hat we are looking for. 😆

Let me ask you something .. We can find the age of the rocks ...and other material ..If the electrons always existed ...those that are found ins such rocks / material shouldn't be of the same age ...Is it possible to find the age of the electron ? Quarks ? Protons ? or even the Atoms ? I know that of deuterium, tritium and lithium Atom's age can be measured ....If there is a way to know the age of Helium or Hydrogen Atoms ..the primary substance at the time of big bang ..We can definitely reach somewhere ...

Who said electron always existed? They can be created, by decay of a heavy particle, and they can be destroyed by annihilation with positron. I don't know if there is any way to find their age, I guess there isn't but I may be wrong.
Freethinker112 thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Angie_

we dont know if the thing caught in the cycle is separate from the cycle.

Cycle is not a thing in itself. It is the process the "thing" is going through. But how did the "thing" come in at first place to go through the cycle?

Originally posted by: _Angie_

If we know the former then the question does not stand as it could only mean that energy always existed in some form or other.

No, it's not exactly the same. What we mean by the statement is that the total energy of a closed system remains conserved. But how did they come in the first place? And the zero energy hypothesis makes an interesting addition. Everything sums up to 0, maybe the closest thing we can get to coming from "nothing".

And yeah, the only way out of the infinite regression is something that always existed, which is equally baffling. 😕
bhinder.thind thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
People, chill your asses. To me, Faith is for lazy dumb people and the whole concept of God is based on one word called Faith. Faith does mean beliefs without evidences. Moreover, I can't take God's ego.. "Son, believe in me otherwise I will roast your ass in hell hahaha".. Just chill dude chill. Why its actually matter to god that everyone prays him ? Bow head and tits to him? Doesn't he suppose to be above this?but NO he is not. Btw who is real God? Christians? Buddhas? Hindu's? Or hardcore Muslim God? What if you people worshipping Hindu god and after death, comes to know you all been cheated. Hindu god actually is not the real God, real god is Muhammad haha then what aye?
Moreover, People need to get their facts in their ugly bundh about Atheism. Atheism is just simple Not Believe In Existance of Deity/God. Don't act asif it means having butt sex with demons.

Freethinker112 thumbnail
^ Not sure if trolling or just uber excited? 😕
Vintage.Wine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Yes, but a hypothesis which has existed for so long should move forward now. 😆 We are free to discuss what could be, without evidence, but we can't say that it is the case.

Who said electron always existed? They can be created, by decay of a heavy particle, and they can be destroyed by annihilation with positron. I don't know if there is any way to find their age, I guess there isn't but I may be wrong.

^^^^^^ Excuse ME ...😆 Are ya on about the FREE Electrons in the nature ? 😆 ..I must elaborate a bit here before this debate starts to sound like a nuclear disaster .. 😆 ..All I had to say was ...ATOMS as I understand are created inside stars ..and then emitted everywhere in the Universe ...There are a few ATOM'S whose age can be found ...I was on about the ATOMS that existed at the time of the Big Bang ..namely Helium, Hydrogen ... No ATOM can be complete without electrons ..which in itself is the proof that Electrons existed even before the first ATOM at the time of big bang was created .. So if the age of Hydrogen / Helium ATOMs could be known ..We might get hold of the oldest ones that are present on the earth / trapped in it's atmosphere ..that age back to the time of Big Bang as it happened everywhere at the same time ...A study of such ATOMS might offer us with a clue of what happened at the time of Big Bang ..😆 ... Bang ...Bang .Bangs ... <<<My Head against the screen 😆

Vintu 😛

Word Count: 1

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

^ Not sure if trolling or just uber excited? 😕

I think he is serious. He seems to be strongly opinionated with an equally strong way of expressing it.

Freethinker112 thumbnail

^^^^^^ Excuse ME ...😆 Are ya on about the FREE Electrons in the nature ? 😆 ..I must elaborate a bit here before this debate starts to sound like a nuclear disaster .. 😆 ..All I had to say was ...ATOMS as I understand are created inside stars ..and then emitted everywhere in the Universe ...There are a few ATOM'S whose age can be found ...I was on about the ATOMS that existed at the time of the Big Bang ..namely Helium, Hydrogen ... No ATOM can be complete without electrons ..which in itself is the proof that Electrons existed even before the first ATOM at the time of big bang was created .. So if the age of Hydrogen / Helium ATOMs could be known ..We might get hold of the oldest ones that are present on the earth / trapped in it's atmosphere ..that age back to the time of Big Bang as it happened everywhere at the same time ...A study of such ATOMS might offer us with a clue of what happened at the time of Big Bang ..😆 ... Bang ...Bang .Bangs ... <<<My Head against the screen 😆

I don't think they will do you any good. Because IIRC, matter was created some time after the big bang.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: bhinder.thind

People, chill your asses. To me, Faith is for lazy dumb people and the whole concept of God is based on one word called Faith. Faith does mean beliefs without evidences. Moreover, I can't take God's ego.. "Son, believe in me otherwise I will roast your ass in hell hahaha".. Just chill dude chill. Why its actually matter to god that everyone prays him ? Bow head and tits to him? Doesn't he suppose to be above this?but NO he is not. Btw who is real God? Christians? Buddhas? Hindu's? Or hardcore Muslim God? What if you people worshipping Hindu god and after death, comes to know you all been cheated. Hindu god actually is not the real God, real god is Muhammad haha then what aye?

Moreover, People need to get their facts in their ugly bundh about Atheism. Atheism is just simple Not Believe In Existance of Deity/God. Don't act asif it means having butt sex with demons.

I can see why faith can appear lazy. Rather than put an effort to search for answers, faith proposes one catch-all solution God. If you can explain something, good. If not there always is God. But that is a very broad and sweeping generalization to assume that all people of faith are lazy, ignorant or lack better understanding. Sometimes faith exists because despite everything we know, everything we seek to know, our knowledge is so miniscule in comparison to the entirety of the universe that you can't help but accept something higher that you may never know or understand.

I agree with your criticism of the definitions of God and the conflicts within religion. Personally, I have a huge problem with most religious dogma. But c'mon man here said atheism is butt sex with demons. You must be confusing atheism with cults of Bacchus. 😆

Freethinker112 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bhinder.thind

Calm down man, we are all chilled here. If you don't believe me, talk to Vintu and you will see the chillness factor. 😆

On a serious note, I agree with the gist of your post but you don't have to put it so harshly. And you can't just judge without discussing the opinions of others. Because in this thread only, we have some members who have faith, but not blind belief. They have reached the verdict after pondering carefully, and have decided that rather than saying we don't know, they want to believe that some higher being exists who is responsible. This is not a very bad position, it puts your mind at ease. Not to say that is true, just that they thought rather than just follow.

And yeah, atheism means absence of believe. I don't even know where you came upon the second definition. 😆