Review: Maseeha TVKahani

Taify thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

03 Aug 2012

Reviews: Maseeha HUM TV review full drama

hMaseeha's synopsis on HUM TV's website is indeed interesting; however, the main question is if the serial lives up to the expectations.
Well, expectations! Does one really have any from this HUM TV presentation? I doubt!
The serial tells the story of Abish (Ayesha Khan) who belongs to a rich family, but falls in love with a poor man, and goes against her family's wishes to marry him. The marriage gives rise to problems as she has to cope up with things.
On the other side is Basit (Nauman Masood) who isn't normal, and his wife, played by ZQ, has to deal with it. Both the stories are told simultaneously in a sluggish manner. Yes, this one word sums it all.
The title, Maseeha, talks about a man who enters a woman's life to change it all. You wait for a dozen episodes for the 'Maseeha' to show up, but he never enlightens us. Written by Qaisra Hayat, the screenplay is the biggest culprit. I have too many complaints with the writer. And why just the writer? Did the channel/production house turn a blind eye to all the glitches there?
Honestly, the screenplay is so weak that anyone could've pointed out the mistake. The worst thing is that the story honestly had the potential to be good, but the writer abused it.
Tell me, why didn't you write the Basit's character in the flashback mode? I think it would've been more interesting had the story been told in flashback with the Maseeha entering in the initial episodes and the story slowly unraveling, explaining how he was cured. This is just one scenario; the story had potential to do much more.
I have problem with the characterization too. Take this, Abish is shown as a spoiled brat in the first episode, but she gets fine in the next episodes? These few glitches are too hard to neglect.
From acting point, Ayesha Khan is the hero here as she has to carry the whole serial on her shoulders. This isn't something new for her, as the actress has played such roles several times. She does well again. It is good to see Nauman Masood back on screen. The actor is excellent in every scene, but I am sure a better director could've extracted more, as the role had a lot to offer. ZQ makes a good return, but fails to stand out. Affan is a great talent and I am looking forward to seeing him in stronger roles that suit him. Rubina Ashraf is herself, which is brilliant. Badar Khalil does well.
The director, Nain Maniar, doesn't do well. Agreed, he is let down by an apology of a script, but still, his scenes lack power. He also fails to extract the right performances, as all these actors have done better in other serials. The editing is weak. The OST is okay and the background music does well.
Overall, Maseeha is a very good opportunity wasted. This is a prime example of makers not knowing right and wrong. A better writer/director could've extracted an excellent serial out of the inputs. Maseeha suffers due to its lethargic pace and awful writing. Disappointing!

Ratings:

by admin in Reviews Tags: maseeha drama review, maseeha hum review, maseeha review

2 Comments

1. abcd
    Aug 03, 2012 @ 16:01:58

Does anyone watch this at all? pathetic!

2. Tranqulizer
    Aug 03, 2012 @ 18:57:15

I had great hopes from this production but it has failed to impress me. Acting is bad, direction is bad.. everything is bad
    I don't know a channel like hum tv accepted this becase the drama does not even deserve to be on aplus.

third class! bas ayesha khan hay baqi to sab ghatya hay

Leave a Reply

Your Name *

Your Email *

Your Website