Votes for Charcters or for Dancers ?

Telly_Addict thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
Note:
This is not a bashing post in anyway just my way to blurt out my frustration...so please a humble request to everyone dont think m against any specific actor/actress. Just my 2 cent to abt this vote appealing in character name.

Very first post on JDJ forum and what made me posting is not anything good abt the show but the thing which frustrates me to the hell and everytime I listen those Character names while appealing votes for the Dancers/Actors.

Everyone is who is dancing is not an actor on the JDJ stage then
1. Why they have to seek votes for the name of the character they are playing or played in past ?

2. Why cant they rely on their dancing capability that people will surely vote if they Danced well ?

and if they want the votes for their characters then they should have danced in their respective character costumes (Prats in Ghaghra-Odhani, Giaa in Saree with covered head, Jayati ji in his trademark saare with fixed pallu over head) can we imagine them doing so...no way then why everytime vote appealing needs their character to be mentioned...

then why they need votes for something thats they are out of JDJ stage as on JDJ stage they are themselve An Actor who u is passionate about Dancing or Loves Dancing.

Feeling better after blurting it out...
Feel free to agree or disagree but no Name Calling or Actor Bashing.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by -tellyaddict- - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

49erFan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Exactly, totally agree with u here! No need to name their character, they are individuals on a diff stage as to who they really are, so no need :)
..Roopal.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
fully agree with u
but they are trying to do so to get the fans of that character to vote for them
i mean they may not have some fans of their real self but their fans are marked and born due to the character they play
so trying to cash in popularity of their characters
they are merging their reel and real life this way
Telly_Addict thumbnail

Originally posted by: roopalgupta

fully agree with u

but they are trying to do so to get the fans of that character to vote for them
i mean they may not have some fans of their real self but their fans are marked and born due to the character they play
so trying to cash in popularity of their characters
they are merging their reel and real life this way

thanks for agreeing with me but does it mean no one will vote for shibani or bharti or may be Isha also.
Popularity comes with good performance if they perform well as dancers m sure they need to encash their already popular characters.
If this is the case then instead of Dancing with stars production house should have to start a danc show name as Dancing with ur Favorite characters.

Telly_Addict thumbnail

Originally posted by: 49erFan

Exactly, totally agree with u here! No need to name their character, they are individuals on a diff stage as to who they really are, so no need :)

thanks for agreeing with me...
quarky thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -tellyaddict-

thanks for agreeing with me but does it mean no one will vote for shibani or bharti or may be Isha also.
Popularity comes with good performance if they perform well as dancers m sure they need to encash their already popular characters.
If this is the case then instead of Dancing with stars production house should have to start a danc show name as Dancing with ur Favorite characters.

I don't think the judges would allow people like Isha, Shibani etc to get eliminated. Thats why they made it 50% voting and 50% judges.

But I do agree how ridiculous it is that they have to mention Balika Vadhu and had to drag SNS drama to here. Sympathy votes are ridiculous.

I was so sure they'd mention GC's lion-like Maan Singh Khuraana role (when they spoke about how he could never pull it off or something like that). Thank god they didnt mention it. I wouldve been seriously pissed off!
harpkaur thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
exactly...it has happened before as well

i may be wrong & plz correct me if i am wrong..wen Parul wz in JDJ 3..she said apni ragini ko vote kijiye

& karan singh grovr gt d votes for hiz on screen role

if this is a dance show then it should only be dancing. & people should get d votes based on dere dance

i know people will say oh its our money & stuff like that..i knoww its ur money but this is an insult to d art.

gururockss thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: quarky

I don't think the judges would allow people like Isha, Shibani etc to get eliminated. Thats why they made it 50% voting and 50% judges.

But I do agree how ridiculous it is that they have to mention Balika Vadhu and had to drag SNS drama to here. Sympathy votes are ridiculous.

I was so sure they'd mention GC's lion-like Maan Singh Khuraana role (when they spoke about how he could never pull it off or something like that). Thank god they didnt mention it. I wouldve been seriously pissed off!

GC never mentions his character names on jdj
he says apni gurmeet ko vote kijiye
and last time he said apni sher ko vote kijiye

and i agree with TM they shouldnt mention their character names on jdj show to gain votes
purva thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: harpkaur

exactly...it has happened before as well

i may be wrong & plz correct me if i am wrong..wen Parul wz in JDJ 3..she said apni ragini ko vote kijiye

& karan singh grovr gt d votes for hiz on screen role

if this is a dance show then it should only be dancing. & people should get d votes based on dere dance

i know people will say oh its our money & stuff like that..i knoww its ur money but this is an insult to d art.

Oh it has been happening since season 1.. Mona Singh and Shweta Salve were the final 2 and Mona kept repeating "apni Jassi ko vote keejiye" in the end Shweta who was a better dancer lost 😭
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Dance shows or even award shows they only call actors by character names...Sometimes it is so confusing..
In dance shows they should only be called by their own names and when asking for votes nothing else should be brought up...This is channels way of receiving more votes for characters and in turn more money...It becomes popularity contest ...Very unfair to other contestants..