:DOTW::should new choreographers be brought each ?

chocobear thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Should New choreographers be brought each season?

What do you guys feel about it? Is it okay to repeat the choreographers every time or should they bring in New Choreographers ?
JDJ never repeats it's celebrities. So do you think just like bringing in new celebs each season, they should bring in new choreographers as well. Like we say this season most of the choreographers have been there in previous seasons as well. Shouldn't the new choreographers too given a chance to showcase their talent? Like Pratyusha's choreographer is the winner of JDJ season 2, so is it not unfair to the other contestants? Won't that affect the confidence level of the rest of the contestants? I personally feel, they should not be repeating their choreographers. It's high time they bring a new set of choreographers to JDJ. Savio has been there since JDJ season1. Pratyusha's choreographer has been the winner, Shampa almost won last season. I think just like the celebrities they should bring in new choreographers too each season. There's no point repeating the choreographers. Repeating choreographers means they are being unfair.

What do you guys feel?

Discuss!

NOTE: No bashing of actors/celebs. No personal attacks. This is meant for general discussion so don't bring in your favorite stars and start defending them.😛

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Juanita thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I feel it doesnt much matter whether they bring in new choreographers, or repeat the earlier ones.
But what I strongly feel about is that the pairs (Celebs and Choreos) should be paired through some lottery system etc., so that every Celeb gets a chance to be paired with every Choreo... otherwise, i feel its unfair to some celebs, and some choreos too.

..Roopal.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
well i don't think so...the show is about dancing with the stars and not choreographers...i agree that others should also be given a chance but for making a non-dancer to dance i guess there is need for good choreographer who have established himself/herself...though i feel some current choreographers should be replaced...and about the fact that the winner choreographers of last seasons are here too so i feel that the show is not all about choreographers but about stars too...and if stars don't put their best then its hard even for best choreographer to win...
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I don't agree on changing choreographers for each season for the simple fact that I watch this show only for the choreographer's sake contrary to the majority of viewers

Choreographers are the essence of this dancing show despite the popularity of the celebrities. Honestly speaking If Salman didn't take part in this show, I'd have been blind to JDJ

Apart from Salman, I like Shampa, Savio and Puneet from the current lot. Deepak who has been a winner of this show with Prachi is another good choreographer but however he hasn't sparkled yet on this season
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I watch the show primarily for the choreography and the choreographers, so I definitely don't think they should change the choreographers. I'm kind of annoyed with the DID participants showing up as choreographers because their skills seem very amateur.

I didn't like Punit last season, but I think he's put in a lot of time and effort and is doing MUCH better this season! In fact, I think he'll go a long way. On the contrary, Sanam seems so focused as a dancer that I think he forgets that he's the one setting the choreography that's supposed to make his partner's dance shine, instead he spends too much time in the spotlight himself, while his celebrity stands on the outskirts watching him.

I think a dancer requires a lot of maturity in order to become a good choreographer. Experience has a lot to do with it. I think the show would be awesome if they chose the best of the best choreographers - Sonia (Baichung's choreo), Gauhar Khan's choreo (name?), Salman, Shampa, Savio, etc etc. These are experienced choreographers that know what they're doing. They can make anyone dance and look good doing it. I think that's what counts. It annoys me that the show doesn't give enough credit to the choreographers.
51559 thumbnail
Yes Absolutely.. Gia needs a gud choreographer.. hes choreographer is not putting efforts in the choreography...
NoComments thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I dont think we need to have new coreographers all the seasons as some of them are really good and they really elevate the dance for their partners as well... Deepak, Diwakar are awesome coregraphers.. So was Sonia... However, I would like have the coreos assigned to celebrities by a lottery or something like that, or else Shampa will get a Sushant and a GC one after the other.. Deepak will keep getting the Prachis and Pratyushas of the world and so on!
Vinder90 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
it wud be nice to have new choreographers but what wud this do. .

it will give rise to too many diff choreographers in total .. = LOADS ). . and kinda diminishes . .umm. . i mean just too many choreographers. . feels wierd. .

i dont mind same choreographers with a few new coming in . . perhaps skip one season ,, then show up in next. .

what i personally wud prefer. . is instead of allocating choreographers to the stars manually. .

they shud be allocated randomly. . on live telly. .

Choreographers on one side. . . . . Stars on Another. . .

and then pair em up. . . you get what i mean hopefully. . . this wud also give element of more challenge to every person . . on both sides. . and there will be nothing like blaming choreographer allocations done manually. .

just sharing a thought
uluvmg thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
nice post.. i also agree with you.. chorgraphers should be new to each participant..if DID winners become choreographer then JDJ or others reality show winners should get chance to become choreographer OR none reality show winner become choreographer
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I agree with WohAjnabee-Ajnu..
Only time they can bring a new choreographer is when that dancer has proven to be qualified as choreographers...
I like how they brought in Chelsey to DWTS although she was not the winner of the season but still qualified to be a choreographer...Even in DWTS they had given chance to a female dancer and she was not as good so we dont see her any more...This year they brought Peta which turned out to be a winner...
I feel this season female pro dancers- choreographers are weaker than male.. Deepak, Savio, Diwakar, Nishant, Salman...
Only newcomers are Puneet and Sanam...Puneet did not impress me much in DID but he is doing a much better job as a choreographer...Sanam yet is in his dancer mode and can't get out of his dancing...And not reached a level of dancing where he can even conceptualized choreography for anyone else...