what did others feel about scoring of the judges..

-Nafisa- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
I watched only Giaa Manek's dance but I felt she was penalised 6 points for 2 errors which was not right, that's my personal opinion.

I felt she deserved more points then 24.

She was penalised because the technical judge Remo Desouza pointed out two things; the movements of the hip should have been more pronounced as it's Samba, and when she did her turning several times on one point at the end of the turn it was Nishant to stop her from falling out of step, she she needed to come out of the turn herself after being spun round, so that is two errors therefore the points should have been deducted minus 2 only to give her 28 points. I think the judges are going by what Remo Desouza says of each performance as he is the dance expert. But my cousins do professional dancing of ballroom and latin, when you make an error it's supposed to be one point deducted only.

In the UK we have Strictly Come Dancing, it is Stars with a professional, here they is one expert dance judge as well and he penalises the score by that, the other judges follow him but they have more heart, if you look at Giaa's performance they was a lot of technicality in it, lots of steps and she remembered all of that and performed it all with a smile plus the lipsing as well to the song, I feel Madhuri and Karan should have awarded higher and let Remo Desouza remove 2 points for dance errors.

If you look at Karan when he is giving his score he wanted to give her either a 9 or a 10, look at it closely, he was actually feeling bad for giving her a 8, look at it closely.

Why is that, because he felt, by heart, that she had done a lot of technically hard steps in the performance and it warranted a higher score then an 8 from him. So he should have gone by that instinct and not by what Remo Desouza's score as Remo removed 2 points already, so she ended up with 24 points, which is a deduction for 6 errors rather then 2 errors.

What did others feel about their favourite dancers was the scoring similar? Where errors are penalised thrice.

Or was it fair to do it like this?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KALG_Bizarre thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Karan and Mudhuri score is a total mess. Giaa performance deserve more than 24, i agree. I really don't understand why Gurmeet performance recieve two 9? Giaa also deserve two 9...
Edited by KALG_Bizarre - 12 years ago
Nihira-fan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i don't understand why the judges were so unfair with her...giaa was so amazing and energetic...she definitely deserve more than 24...hope she gets high scores tomorrow!!!finger crossed!
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Totally ignorant about dance so can't say whether the points given to Giaa were fair or not, but IMO all the judges give points independently and are not influenced by the other judges. Coz though the judges give scores separately, but the scoring placard with the face down with their decided score is already with the judges.
Also it's quite evident that all 3 judges hv been assigned different tasks and that is why we see Remo giving comments on the technecalities, Madhuri on the expressions and Karan on the look and presentation. Which is a well rounded assessment.
Edited by munns - 12 years ago
KALG_Bizarre thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Achebe-

The judges were more or less honest on Saturday and then on sunday dishonesty crept inJayati's performance was mind-blowing and yet she got just 25 marks. Why? Oh yea she doesn't have sex appeal isn't it

Karan sex appeal comment cracked me up, honestly...
avnirao thumbnail
yaa,.really,.gia deserve more than 24,..hope next time,.as gia always,..told,.she will not get success easily,..she had to try hard,..so this time also she try her best,..god bless her,.👍🏼
Vinder90 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I mean. . marks shud have been higher, not only for Giaa, but also for Pratyusha. . Judges were mean to both in my pov. . 😕