381490 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Having watched Shivani's Tango and Isha's Paso Doble, I think that they are what it might eventually come down to in terms of female dancers competing against each other.
Both are strong dancers -- one is trained, one isn't.
Isha's strength is her technique; as in her lines, foot action, flexibility, speed, etc. I believe that Shivani's strength is her grace/elegance, speed, and the mood that she can create in her dances. You can literally feel the intensity because her body language and expression is flawless. Her lines need some work, food action needs some work, and she isn't flexible to a large extent.
Isha's weakness is her body language and expressions. In the Paso Doble, she did not, at any point during the performance, deliver the expression of a fiery bull. Though she tried.
My problem with Isha's performances is that although I'm stunned by her amazing abilities in terms of the technical part of dance, she doesn't manage to intrigue me emotionally. I'm unable to feel the mood of her performance. Whereas Shivani manages to create the feel, tell a story with her expressions/movements -- although her technique needs a little work.
I'm eager to see their improvement and performances in the future.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
i love these two girls too

noticed isha thanks to salman otherwise i didn't know she exists. she was awesome from the word go. everybody pins her as a trained dancer and fail to appreciate or rather notice the fact that she has worked so hard on each performance to excel every weekend. had she delivered average performances, im sure nobody would talk about how trained she is vise versa. salman deserves a big credit for exploring new areas through isha's capacity as a performer

talking about shivani well again i didn't notice her until her hum dil de chuke sanam act and obviously the tango act. she has improved so much from her first performance till the last one on saturday. im highly impressed by this girl's caliber as a dancer and how she pushed herself. punit is the best choreographer she could ask for cuz he uses her carefully yet wisely. he gives her steps which suits her bodyline and the end result is just perfect

i think these two are hard working girls who are lucky to have two clever choreographers with them
381490 thumbnail
I find that one of them is a strong performer [so far] and the other is a strong dancer [so far].
..Roopal.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
both are superb as contestants
being honest i am not a fan of any but their dance is wow
isha is just splendid and kudos to salman for it...shivani at the same time is rocking too...

isha have that attitude in her dancing...she have the grace and balance...she take each dance form as a challenge which she have to succeed...

shibani's expressions are her usp...she completely go deep in her performance...her movements are sharp...
both are perfect at their places
..Roopal.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
please change the title of ur post
it seem comparison post
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Well i love these gals too.

Isha,i knew she was a trained dancer since her Kisna days.Man,her dancing in dat movie was epic!And more recently,Luck by chance ofcourse.

I also heard dat she maintains a dance-gymnastics incorporated academy somewer in Kerala(NOT SURE!) i was pretty damn amazed and if given a chance i would love to join der .

Isha has been great in Jhalak..aah!that flexibility..my god!Howeva,she needs to improve on the expression thingy a bit.

Shivani,well,she emotes evrythin so perfectly!She's my current fav!Coz she has improved vastly!This shows that even without training,one can dance well if he or she works hard.(This i say even though i have trained in dance for 12 yrs 😆 )

Ofcourse,a trained dancer,always brings something extra.

I love both of dem though!

Hope ppl vote for the two!
Edited by disha15 - 12 years ago
51559 thumbnail
Isha is awesome .. Shivani is also gud but Isha is Isha.. 😃