Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DMKJ_VB thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
I think I need to know the definition of chemistry if GC-Shampa had no chemistry! I think chemistry b/w two ppl come from the way they look at each other, compliment each other...and everytime Gurmeet looked at Shampa i could see only passion , romance and intensity in his eyes, his entire body language was that of a man intensely and passionately in love ( which was incidentally pointed out by the ace choreographer Remo when he said , not once but twice how terrific his body language was), same with Shampa. The last hug between them before they lay down, was one of the most sensual hugs I hv till date seen .Thats the reason I, and Karan Johar, who incidentally is most famous for the romantic films he makes, thought that Gurmeet-Shampa had a scintillating chemistry( that chemistry part of the comment was edited, u can chk the E24 segment to confirm what I am saying). But may be both Karan and I need to learn the definition of chemistry first, since some feel there was absolutely no chemistry between them.
Edited by DMKJ_VB - 12 years ago
stylish_VJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: purva

I don't think getting 2 9s from judges is a measurement of great performance.. these judges are known to be inconsistent πŸ˜• Madhuri and Karan gave 7 to Sushil Kumar's jumping around πŸ˜• there was hardly any Salsa in his performance and whatever little was there was done by the girl and not by Sushil

Totally agree dear...But lets not bring the other contestants and their choreographers in to this post...else it will turn into a war...Lets stick to just GC and Shampa

SudhaSangeet thumbnail
I was looking forward to this act coz of the promo, alas! the act had only those parts as highlights which were in promo...nothing more fascinating...

I didnt find much of rumba but more of contemporary( stretching and lifting and all)

Was an ok performance (for GC better than past two)...but was hyped by articles and threads in forum...
stylish_VJ thumbnail

Originally posted by: adigaag

Seems like you know Rumba...if thats the case then, I would not like to comment furthur... I have seen the following videos btw

A little experience in the field of dance, and a great learning opportunity that came my way has taught me whatever little i know about this dance...Since you could not see the Videos, here is the Link...In the 2nd one look at how the guys moves, walks and his hip swings...

1) Afro-Cuban Rumba (Example)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afkL1hLi2uc

2) And this is an example of the Ballroom Rumba- The style that was DONE by GC & SHAMPA yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngAFRV3YBeI

Edited by style_diva - 12 years ago
stylish_VJ thumbnail

Originally posted by: sudha100

I was looking forward to this act coz of the promo, alas! the act had only those parts as highlights which were in promo...nothing more fascinating...

I didnt find much of rumba but more of contemporary( stretching and lifting and all)

Was an ok performance (for GC better than past two)...but was hyped by articles and threads in forum...

Yes this i agree ki it was way better than the last two performances, but the dance was lacking and thus iut took away from the whole act...But GC is a hardworking guy...In no time he will excel in the technical aspects of dance as well😊
MSK_4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: style_diva

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">One can say he did not dance, because he did not dance...Yes Shampa cannot hang in air all by herself she needs GC to carry of the lifts with ease and perfection which he did...All i am saying is Lifts, expressions,acting,stances, postures only form a part of the act...The other half or rather the bigger half always consists of pure dance😊</font>

if you believe that there was no dance in the act than its ok...
but we can't entirely blame gc for that...
i mean he admitted earlier that he did not have any knowledge about rumba, so that obviously means he had no idea about the hip movement and all... so we can't only blame him...
don't you think it was also shampa's responsibility to add more of rumba dance to it, i mean she is the choreographer so she should see to all this points too...
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I too thought the marks were a bit too generous for the number of technical flaws it had, but then I don't think I would have given the act less than an 8, like Remo.

I was happy with the act overall, because this is what I have been wanting to see from Shampa all along. It is true that Gurmeet has a lot of weaknesses in the dance department, but he does have certain strengths too and she capitalised on that. She was given the dance form Rumba, and instead of taking it literally and trying to make GC do the hip movements that would have entirely eluded him in his current form and probably made him feel awkward and made the whole act a disaster, she picked up on the aspects of Rumba that Gurmeet could execute convincingly and built an act around them: the intense sensuality of the form and the lifts and stretches. It is wise to choreograph cleverly like this until she gets GC to a level in his training, where he can pull off the more flowy movements.

He was technically weak in some places, but the level of difficulty and the perfection in the execution of he lifts and that throw sort of make up for it in my eyes. I would give him more credit for that aspect than the female contestants, because even though there is undoubtedly technique involved in being lifted, there is a lot more onus on the lift-er than the lift-ee. So I think the marks were within reason, simply judging by the difficulty of the act when compared to the other contestants. This is again where Shampa handled thing cleverly in this act.

As for the hot topic of their chemistry, I think that this was the first act that really clicked for the two and they were super nervous coming off of the last two sets luke-warm receptions from the judges so some inhibitions were there. I am hoping they will be bolstered by the success of this act, gain more confidence and their comfort level will increase, leading to a stronger understanding of one another and more convincing chemistry.
Edited by Samanalyse - 12 years ago
janamaan thumbnail
Commentator 1 Thumbnail
GC's this week performance was definitely better than the previous 2.. he is improving for sure. But I agree with TM.. it was not as stunning as the judges made it out to beπŸ˜•.. it deserved 25 points IMO.. but with GC, points are immaterial as he will get loads of votes 😊
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
this was his best performance so far in da competition for sure and yes i too agree with your comments on GC's act. it wasn't out of this world like judges commented cuz i thought it lacked something in dance wise. chemistry of him & shampa was fab though

it wasn't da best of da night but it wasn't da worst either. i think remo's marks were apt; 8/10 and remo was right when he said finally GC's in da competition

im glad shampa used her brain wisely and gave him steps which suit him. i think he'd do waltz or ballroom better
stylish_VJ thumbnail

Originally posted by: janamaan

GC's this week performance was definitely better than the previous 2.. he is improving for sure. But I agree with TM.. it was not as stunning as the judges made it out to beπŸ˜•.. it deserved 25 points IMO.. but with GC, points are immaterial as he will get loads of votes 😊

Thanks for agreeing dear😊