Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aanyakunat thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
i don't think the performance was ever tagged as spectacular by the judges... they said he did better than the last two times... which he obviously did and thus got better marks this time... the marks weren't spectacular either.. so i don't know where the problem is... i'm sure he'll keep improving with each performance... as for the rumba steps, i think only remo's aware of them.. kjo was certainly clueless about it.. and madhuri i feel has better knowledge of indian dances... as for chemistry, i found them sizzling on stage...
stylish_VJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: adigaag

How about Googling it first? Which part of the world does dance form Rumba belong to?

Lets help u out in this with a link as shown under:
It is not a Latin american dance...it is an Afro Cuban dance...watch out for the first link of wikipedia and scroll down for some videos...
Even I felt there were few dancing steps and a wee bit of stiffness still exists...But I guess Remo knows better than alll of us out here on IF...and I loved his comments the most...he was spot on...as far as chemistry is concerned a separate article dedicated to Gurmeets performance says it all but it might be made up as well u never know...

Sweety i don't need to google it...I know what "Rumba" is as i have got the opportunity to perform the dance ...You have googled it...did you bother to read it further????? Here left me paste it for you...

"Rumba" refers to ballroom-rumba, one of the ballroom dances which occurs in social dance and in international competitions. In this sense, rumba is the slowest of the five competitive International Latin dances: the paso doble, the samba, the cha-cha-cha and the jive being the others.

What GC and Shampa performed were Ballroom Rumba...If you go to Youtube you will get plenty of videos where the show what ballroom Rumba is...Should i help u with getting the videos?

Yes Remo knows better and that's why he gave GC an 8 for the performance not a 9 or a 10...Because GC had worked out as per the comments given last time making his score go from a 7 to an 8...But technically things were not correct not upto the mark which is why Remo gave him an 8...

And trust me i will never make a post until i am sure of what i am saying...๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by style_diva - 12 years ago
adigaag thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
I have read completely and watched a few videos as well...it is derived from Cuban dance...if its an out an out Latin dance form, then I undertsood it differently
maaniqra thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
GC IS STUNNINGGG AND I REALLY LOVE HIS PERFORMANCE VERY MUCHHH
stylish_VJ thumbnail

I have read completely and watched a few videos as well...it is derived from Cuban dance...if its an out an out Latin dance form, then I undertsood it differently

There let me clarify it for you...This is an example of afro-cuban rumba...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afkL1hLi2uc[/YOUTUBE]

And this is an example of the Ballroom Rumba- The style that was to GC & SHAMPA yesterday.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngAFRV3YBeI[/YOUTUBE]

There are many more examples on the net...This were just two to help you understand...

adigaag thumbnail
Okay...It is ballroom Rumba I know which is derived from the Cuban dance form... I am unable to see the videos, I have seen few videos that u can find when u scroll down a bit on the google search page...I have seen all the videos in which the lady is in white dress coz it was quite similar to what Shampa wore๐Ÿ˜†..I guess the male partner does not have much to do when it comes to pure dancing...as far as the marks are concerned, they were not a stunner either, I feel Remo gave 8 because Shampa fumbled not once but twice... one was clearly visible during the performance and other one when I rewatched the performance again on youtube...and I could see chemistry
Edited by adigaag - 12 years ago
stylish_VJ thumbnail

Originally posted by: aanyakunat

i don't think the performance was ever tagged as spectacular by the judges... they said he did better than the last two times... which he obviously did and thus got better marks this time... the marks weren't spectacular either.. so i don't know where the problem is... i'm sure he'll keep improving with each performance... as for the rumba steps, i think only remo's aware of them.. kjo was certainly clueless about it.. and madhuri i feel has better knowledge of indian dances... as for chemistry, i found them sizzling on stage...

Yes it way better than last time...He was more focused, more controlled...There is no problem as such just that dancing was missing...Yes he will keep improving i believe that too๐Ÿ˜Š
stylish_VJ thumbnail

Okay...It is ballroom Rumba I know which is derived from the Cuban dance form... I am unable to see the videos, I have seen few videos that u can find when u scroll down a bit on the google search page...I have seen all the videos in which the lady is in white dress coz it was quite similar to what Shampa wore๐Ÿ˜†..I guess the male partner does not have much to do when it comes to pure dancing...as far as the marks are concerned, they were not a stunner either, I feel Remo gave 8 because Shampa fumbled not once but twice... one was clearly visible during the performance and other one when I rewatched the performance again on youtube...and I could see chemistry

I am sorry you can't see the links provided...But since you just mentioned you saw GC and Shampa's performance on youtube, i beleive that you have access to youtube so you can go to Youtube videos and type "ballroom rumba" to see what it is and "Afro cuban rumba" to see what that it...And as per the link you provided "Google wala" its clealy stated that its one of the slowest form of latin ball room dancing...So there is no doubt that they performed on ballroom rumba...And trust me dear there is so much the Male partner can do, is required to do... which GC could have done had he been taught obviously...๐Ÿ˜Š
stylish_VJ thumbnail

Originally posted by: purva

GC's this week performance was definitely better than the previous 2.. he is improving for sure. But I agree with TM.. it was not as stunning as the judges made it out to be๐Ÿ˜•.. it deserved 25 points IMO.. but with GC, points are immaterial as he will get loads of votes ๐Ÿ˜Š

Yes no doubts he was better than last time and the previous...Thanks for understanding what i am trying to say๐Ÿ˜Š

adigaag thumbnail

Seems like you know Rumba...if thats the case then, I would not like to comment furthur... I have seen the following videos btw